Harper sounds like a hockey player

I'm here in Welland were Stephen Harper just finished shovelling the manure our way. <_< Through a whole lot of 'ummms' and 'it's not fair to say that' Harper tried to use the U.S. as a comparision. Are people that stupid to believe that we are doing better than the states due to anything Harper has done?! When really we are doing better than the states simply because the states are doing so poorly (and really, are we doing that great??). He is trying another 'buy out' of voters, this time it's the new home buyers, last time it was the low income parents, :rolleyes: meanwhile he's cutting taxes & our infastructure is crumbling.

Edited by WillyWonka

I'm here in Welland were Stephen Harper just finished shovelling the manure our way. <_< Through a whole lot of 'ummms' and 'it's not fair to say that' Harper tried to use the U.S. as a comparision. Are people that stupid to believe that we are doing better than the states due to anything Harper has done?! When really we are doing better than the states simply because the states are doing so poorly (and really, are we doing that great??). He is trying another 'buy out' of voters, this time it's the new home buyers, last time it was the low income parents, :rolleyes: meanwhile he's cutting taxes & our infastructure is crumbling.

Hey, I'm by Hamilton where we've been losing good jobs for over 25 years, long before Harper. It's a cinch that pretty well every one at John Deere made a LOT more money than me!

What makes you Welland folks so special? What makes it all Harper's fault?

What could the other guys do besides bail you out by taxing guys like me MORE?

We've been outpacing the US for some time in many areas. It has very little to do with the fact the there economy is so bad and more to do with the fact that outside of Ontario ours is doing very well.

Hey, I'm by Hamilton where we've been losing good jobs for over 25 years, long before Harper. It's a cinch that pretty well every one at John Deere made a LOT more money than me!

What makes you Welland folks so special? What makes it all Harper's fault?

What could the other guys do besides bail you out by taxing guys like me MORE?

I thought we all paid the GST tax? No? :rolleyes:

So in Hamilton, as you keep losing jobs, has Harper helped at all like he claims? No?

I thought we all paid the GST tax? No? :rolleyes:

So in Hamilton, as you keep losing jobs, has Harper helped at all like he claims? No?

Same old, same old. Knocking down one guy does not raise another up. We lost the jobs under the LIberals. We lost a PILE when Bob Rae ran the province and Dalton hasn't helped either! Why dump it all on Harper?

Granted Harper could have done more. So what? Why should one vote for one of the other guys?

From my perspective, the other guys are much worse!

As a Canadian I've become resigned to the fact that I will never have a perfect choice. I may never even have a merely good one.

Canadians are lucky to be able to chose a candidate who smells a bit less than the others. Harper might need some deodorant but Dion and Layton REALLY REEK!

All part of being Canadian.

Same old, same old. Knocking down one guy does not raise another up. We lost the jobs under the LIberals. We lost a PILE when Bob Rae ran the province and Dalton hasn't helped either! Why dump it all on Harper?

Granted Harper could have done more. So what? Why should one vote for one of the other guys?

From my perspective, the other guys are much worse!

As a Canadian I've become resigned to the fact that I will never have a perfect choice. I may never even have a merely good one.

Canadians are lucky to be able to chose a candidate who smells a bit less than the others. Harper might need some deodorant but Dion and Layton REALLY REEK!

All part of being Canadian.

As an Ontarian, I can't see how you can support the Cons. Their gov't told the world don't invest in Ontario, if you lose your job, you get $4000 less than others in IE, and there's is a difference between a Premier and the PM in money and in power. Are you saying you liked Harris gov't over Dalton's?

As an Ontarian, I can't see how you can support the Cons. Their gov't told the world don't invest in Ontario, if you lose your job, you get $4000 less than others in IE, and there's is a difference between a Premier and the PM in money and in power. Are you saying you liked Harris gov't over Dalton's?

If Harper said the world doesn't invest in Ontario , then he exaggerated the near truth. The responsibility to make Ontario attractive to investors lies with the Ontario gov't and the people of Ontario....lowering Ontario corp tax would help.......

As an Ontarian, I can't see how you can support the Cons. Their gov't told the world don't invest in Ontario

Good old Jim Flaherty. Elected in Ontario, I believe. Harper backed him up in a recent scrum. Good old Harper. Hardly a seat in Ontario. Wonder why?

Hey guys. How about that deficit? Jim? Hello?

As other posters have said - why dump the EI disparity on Harper....it was mostly created by back-to-back-to-back Chretien Liberal majorities who took Ontario and Toronto for granted. Not only that, but they changed EI policy by increasing premiums and directing them into general revenues as opposed to a separate EI fund....and guess what - they used the excess to "slay" the deficit. So not only did they cut transfer payments to the provinces, whio in turn had to cut Healthcare and Education.....but they also took money out of the hands of hard pressed workers in the form of increased premiums and restrictive payouts.