Native Canadians in Canada

I notice quite a few of you have a strong opinion of the Native Canadians in Canada.

How many of you actually lived amongst them on reservations?

As an outsider here in the US, I am curious as to how you know them so well based on what the media teaches you.

Furthermore, how come we win the Stanley Cup each year?

Is this the bigger fish syndrome?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice quite a few of you have a strong opinion of the Native Canadians in Canada.

As an outsider here in the US, I am curious as to how you know them so well based on what the media teaches you.

You don't need live on a reservation to know native Canadians seeing that so many of them live amongst us off the reserves.

I live close by a Band of First Nation and I've seen how the non-native treat them, I've gotten to know some among them and I can say that not ALL First Nation people are as bad as some would like you to believe. Then again, not ALL non-Native people are against the First nation either.

Furthermore, how come we win the Stanley Cup each year?

I'm a native Canadian...born right here in beautiful BC. Ask me anything.

You don't need media to learn about something happening right across the street. You also don't need to live on a reserve to be amoungst Indians.

Your country wins the Stanley Cup lately because your teams have the better Canadian players...lol.

-----------------------

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe.

---Pierre Burton

I live close by a Band of First Nation and I've seen how the non-native treat them, I've gotten to know some among them and I can say that not ALL First Nation people are as bad as some would like you to believe. Then again, not ALL non-Native people are against the First nation either.

I find it hard to believe that Dogonporch is a native. But I have noticed one thing--some of the real hated\ful ones are prt First Nations themselves...maybe Dog is one of them...people like him bleed the system then blaime the natives for everything. Nothing can be farther from the truth with Topaz's statement. There are a lot of dickhead arses in Canada who treat the natives like crap ovr laws that were written by whites--Go figure? It is those arses that give the decent ones a bad name on both sides...why do some of the non natives complain? Because they are sadly misinformed on the truth...basically they base all their opnions--including the right-wing nuts--on gossip and when things don't go there way--they jump up and down like some little kid who didnt get his way in a candy store--these are so-called :lol: grown men

I find it hard to believe that Dogonporch is a native. But I have noticed one thing--some of the real hated\ful ones are prt First Nations themselves...maybe Dog is one of them...people like him bleed the system then blaime the natives for everything. Nothing can be farther from the truth with Topaz's statement. There are a lot of dickhead arses in Canada who treat the natives like crap ovr laws that were written by whites--Go figure? It is those arses that give the decent ones a bad name on both sides...why do some of the non natives complain? Because they are sadly misinformed on the truth...basically they base all their opnions--including the right-wing nuts--on gossip and when things don't go there way--they jump up and down like some little kid who didnt get his way in a candy store--these are so-called :lol: grown men

I'm a native Canadian...born here...how about you?

Native

1. Existing in or belonging to one by nature; innate: native ability.

2. Being such by birth or origin: a native Scot.

3. Being one's own because of the place or circumstances of one's birth: our native land.

4. Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region; indigenous: a plant native to Asia.

a. Being a member of the original inhabitants of a particular place.

b. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of such inhabitants: native dress; the native diet of Polynesia.

6. Occurring in nature pure or uncombined with other substances: native copper.

7. Natural; unaffected: native beauty.

8. Archaic Closely related, as by birth or race.

9. Biochemistry Of or relating to the naturally occurring conformation of a macromolecule, such as a protein.

n.

a. One born in or connected with a place by birth: a native of Scotland now living in the United States.

b. One of the original inhabitants or lifelong residents of a place.

2. An animal or plant that originated in a particular place or region.

-------------------------------

How it infuriates a bigot, when he is forced to drag out his dark convictions.

---Logan Pearsall Smith

Native

3. Being one's own because of the place or circumstances of one's birth: our native land.

4. Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region; indigenous: a plant native to Asia.

b. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of such inhabitants: native dress; the native diet of Polynesia.

9. Biochemistry Of or relating to the naturally occurring conformation of a macromolecule, such as a protein.

n.

a. One born in or connected with a place by birth: a native of Scotland now living in the United States.

---Logan Pearsall Smith

Yes yes yes. the old trap crap. He says he's "native" but no where near indigenous or aboriginal. Its a ruse...a con....

I work with native people on and off reserve in Ontario everyday. I am party to their intimate feelings and have learned a lot. I've been trusted with a number of things outsiders are kept away and sit in on many discussions about their future and their historical past. I am also a local historian and amateur archaeologist, having attended a number of digs and have helped classify some of the artifacts.

Native

n.

---Logan Pearsall Smith

Native is very general term nowadays. I think that is why aboriginal, First NAtions are used instead. Are you either? Or are you playing a twist with the term "native."

I was born in Canada. That makes me a native Canadian. What country were you born in, again?

------------------------------------------------

No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.

--- Elie Wiesel

I was born in Canada. That makes me a native Canadian. What country were you born in, again?

------------------------------------------------

No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.

--- Elie Wiesel

No it doesn't. It makes you a Canadian.

Of course it still doesn't make you native because you come from a line of immigrants foreign to this land.

No it doesn't. It makes you a Canadian.

Of course it still doesn't make you native because you come from a line of immigrants foreign to this land.

What country were you born in? I was born in Canada. Probably BEFORE you. That makes me NATIVE Canadian. What makes you so special? Skin colour? Hmmmm?

-------------------------------------

Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.

--- Abraham J. Heschel

What country were you born in? I was born in Canada. Probably BEFORE you. That makes me NATIVE Canadian. What makes you so special? Skin colour? Hmmmm?

-------------------------------------

Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.

--- Abraham J. Heschel

If it'll make you happy native canadian DOGONPORCH then so be it--I mean really--who gives a crap whatever appeases that lttle brain of yours. Native is not used in the constitution ehh...

If it'll make you happy native canadian DOGONPORCH then so be it--I mean really--who gives a crap whatever appeases that lttle brain of yours. Native is not used in the constitution ehh...

I don't need your permission to be a native of Canada. Interesting that you feel you can hand out blessings. My suggestion to you would be to keep off of my land.

-----------------------------------------------

You cannot hate other people without hating your self.

---Oprah Winfrey

I don't need your permission to be a native of Canada. Interesting that you feel you can hand out blessings. My suggestion to you would be to keep off of my land.

-----------------------------------------------

You cannot hate other people without hating your self.

---Oprah Winfrey

Hence the term squatter...you didnt get permission you just squatted, squatter..

Hence the term squatter...you didnt get permission you just squatted, squatter..

:lol::lol:

And did pretty well by it!

Tough to move 30 million squatters off land you deem to be yours.

Ownership - hmmm.... possession and 9/10's of the law comes to mind

:lol:

Borg

DM: Hence the term squatter...you didnt get permission you just squatted, squatter..

Born here. Don't need your permission. Come to my area of this country...you're the visitor. Beer's cold for my friends.

No use playing the poor bedraggled victim living in the past if you want respect from the rest of your fellow Canadians. It just makes you a welfare case. Or do you already line-up at the office? Perhaps you're one of those that block roads and act all tough? Either way...no respect. At the moment, your attitudes aren't a threat to my values and family.

----------------------------------

Always overpay your taxes.That way you'll get a refund.

---Meyer Lansky

You have to keep in mind the First Nations mindset. That is; anybody but them are interlopers who have stolen their land and destroyed their culture. The simple fact is that their culture was incapable of holding onto their "homeland" and they lost it. They are using the system to get it back, piece by piece.

Once you recognize that fact then everything else falls into place. They BLAME the white race for their problems, all of them. Unless they seek equality with the rest of the citizens of Canada, the citizens will not support them. They don't seem to understand this simple logic. Too bad for them.

Their approach is complicated but fundamentally flawed. I doubt they will ever understand that, but then again it sucks to be them.

I don't believe Indians are native to this land as the scientific evidence proves there people came across a land bridge from what is now Russia to what is now the US. Therefore, any "Indian" may be called a "First Nations" but not a "Native" or "Aboriginal". No Indian residing on this piece of earth we can Canada has any more right to it than I. All our ancestors came from another place no matter what colour or religion you may be.

Born here. Don't need your permission. Come to my area of this country...you're the visitor. Beer's cold for my friends.

No use playing the poor bedraggled victim living in the past if you want respect from the rest of your fellow Canadians. It just makes you a welfare case. Or do you already line-up at the office? Perhaps you're one of those that block roads and act all tough? Either way...no respect. At the moment, your attitudes aren't a threat to my values and family.

----------------------------------

Always overpay your taxes.That way you'll get a refund.

---Meyer Lansky

:lol: Why would I want respect from a bunch of lightbulb clowns from some dinky assed forum? You guys are hilarious and make me laugh with your twisted so-called conversation, racist jibberish, DOP do you actually call those people that are out to use you your friends? :lol: I got you oon everyone of your points! No matter what the dumb scientists say--the aboriginal people were here first! The rest of you squatted! In fact all you rightwong nuts should lobby to change the name of your party The Squatters Party of Canada...the biggest welfare bums around who got free land :P

DM: In fact all you rightwong nuts should lobby to change the name of your party The Squatters Party of Canada.

I actually write in my own party when I vote: 'The Let's Party'. My party demands that you watch 'Animal House' at least once a year while consuming a keg of locally produced beer. Seems quite popular amoungst the rank n' file.

DM: You guys are hilarious and make me laugh with your twisted so-called conversation, racist jibberish...blah blah blah.

The racist around here is you. I feel everyone should be equal. You do not. You want some sort of race-based solution. Shades of yester-year...Herr Maus.

-------------------------------------------

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f***ing Peace Corps.

---

I actually write in my own party when I vote: 'The Let's Party'. My party demands that you watch 'Animal House' at least once a year while consuming a keg of locally produced beer. Seems quite popular amoungst the rank n' file.

The racist around here is you. I feel everyone should be equal. You do not. You want some sort of race-based solution. Shades of yester-year...Herr Maus.

-------------------------------------------

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f***ing Peace Corps.

---

Who wrote the laws you retard? Dumb twits like you give natives heck over your laws--whine about equality when you're the idiots who wrote the laws--grow up retard or better yet ask your local politician to write laws if the indians have it so good and call it DUMB REDNECK ACT! and rewrite the Canadian Constitution and call it the Dumb Redneck Constitution of Canada.