Study on native drug users brings elder to tears

Borg! You're such a dork but there is hope. Do you realize what you just said? Look at it deeply and you may just see it...feds and aboriginal people are under the same jurisdiction....federal tax...aboriginal people in same jurisdiction...to lightbulbs like you it may look like tax free but they just fall under same category bozo.... :lol::P there's hope for idiots like you yet :lol: good luck in youre evolution past puberty scotty

DM - you really do not read what I write - do you. If you do you certainly do not understand.

So call me a dork - but even the wild ducks get federal funding - as do the inanimate lock controls on the seaway.

It is just that some federally funded projects actually are productive and some are blood suckers that take and take with no care in the world as long as they can keep taking. I think we know where you fit in.

If you would get off the reserve and see the real world you might just understand what I am saying - but you will always take it the wrong way.

If you were to ever actually see me you might just understand. If I have my way that meeting will never happen - heck I leave the country in a couple of days for at least a year - probably longer anyway - that way you can continue to insult and prove your personal shortcomings.

Have a nice day

Borg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DM - you really do not read what I write - do you. If you do you certainly do not understand.

So call me a dork - but even the wild ducks get federal funding - as do the inanimate lock controls on the seaway.

It is just that some federally funded projects actually are productive and some are blood suckers that take and take with no care in the world as long as they can keep taking. I think we know where you fit in.

If you would get off the reserve and see the real world you might just understand what I am saying - but you will always take it the wrong way.

If you were to ever actually see me you might just understand. If I have my way that meeting will never happen - heck I leave the country in a couple of days for at least a year - probably longer anyway - that way you can continue to insult and prove your personal shortcomings.

Have a nice day

Borg

I am not on a reserve! I am just like you! I just understand the issues...think about it? How many natives in this country? Couple million maybe--how many others? 35 million? Why do you give the natives heck over a system of laws that weren't even written by them? Whatever country you are off to--as an outsider--try to give them $hit over their laws and watch the reaction--then put yourself in the shoes of the natives--the worse thing about all this--most of you have that narrow perception--hence good luck in your evolution to maturity

But, nowhere was it said the Crown was responsible for helping them with enterprise or maintaining a certain standard of living for them. Nor was there anything about setting up FNs self-government or funding any internal governmental operations like police and social services. So why, then, does the common thinking seem to be that the treaties did call for this and that it is the Canadian government that is responsible for all these things, as though FNs were actually Canadians like the rest of us?

Land, medical supplies, houses etc, due to treaties; social assistance, child support and other social benefits - as citizens of this country. It's a really nice niche. But, as so often, the dream of manna falling free from the sky, forever, is much more of a problem, than any solution.

What about this recent treaty with the Tsawwassen First Nations, described in the April 2008 Canadian Geographic (link, excerpts below):

Now 37 and the mother of two young children, she has just won approvals from the Tsawwassen and the provincial government for a treaty that is revolutionary in its potential impact and influence on Canada’s future relationship with aboriginal people.

Among other things, the treaty, one of British Columbia’s first such agreements in 150 years, will create a new form of geographic tenure in Canada. The reserve will disappear, and for the first time, provincial land-use laws will apply to territory governed by a First Nation. Also for the first time, a First Nation government — not an Indian Act band, but a new form of democratic self-governing body — will have the kind of control over its own land use that municipalities currently enjoy.

I highly recommend this article to anyone with a serious interest and would like thoughts, especially from charter.rights and Danger Mouse.

You'll notice that the slence of charter.rights and Danger Mouse is defeaning. Second notice.

I'm sure no one in Canada would complain if they went back to starving to death and dying of disease every few years. I mean, all the technology we brought was worthless.

Yet I see them driving trucks and living in houses, not tipis. Hmmm....

I don't think Europeans want to go back to living like they did in the 17th/18th/19th century, so what's your point?

I don't think Europeans want to go back to living like they did in the 17th/18th/19th century, so what's your point?

If you jumped on a boat and went back without showering for a few days then you'll surely repeat history :lol: And once you get over there, you can repeat history again, by squatting on the land, raping the women, molesting the children, and commit acts of arson and spreading your diseases :P

The essense of the problem is that there are two, established and reasonably stable ways of life: traditional, with high infant mortality, short lifespan, dependency on elements, etc; and technological. What does not exist, and was never proven to be viable in any way, is a combination, or hybrid; of the two. As soon as we realize and admit it, most of the paradoxes will be solved. Really. If it's the traditional way of life that is sought, it's very fine, but it wouldn't be reasonable to expect to achieve the standard of livinig that isn't natural for that society; if the technology is desired, it goes without saying that the focus should be on education, reasonably modern social institutions, efficient workforce and economic reality; economic paradize cannot be created on a remote regularly flooded piece of land for a handful of people.

The essense of the problem is that there are two, established and reasonably stable ways of life: traditional, with high infant mortality, short lifespan, dependency on elements, etc; and technological. What does not exist, and was never proven to be viable in any way, is a combination, or hybrid; of the two. As soon as we realize and admit it, most of the paradoxes will be solved. Really. If it's the traditional way of life that is sought, it's very fine, but it wouldn't be reasonable to expect to achieve the standard of livinig that isn't natural for that society; if the technology is desired, it goes without saying that the focus should be on education, reasonably modern social institutions, efficient workforce and economic reality; economic paradize cannot be created on a remote regularly flooded piece of land for a handful of people.

The actual "traditional" way of life pre-contact was low infant mortality, large populations with long life spans and stable and generous social institutions.

The dis-ease only came after contact with Europeans who came here from towns infested with vermin and disease, and poor hygiene practices.

The actual "traditional" way of life pre-contact was low infant mortality, large populations with long life spans and stable and generous social institutions.

Even better; certainly, there's no reason why the same superior conditions could not be recreated now, that native populations are in control of their destiny. And certainly, with these hugely superiour social structures we won't be depending on regular handouts from the hated "white man"?

Anything to back this up? A link, some empirical data, a fortune cookie? Anything?

One thing you can do is just take a stroll through the local cemetaries and look at the dates. Many natives as well as non-natives were octogenerians...nowadays there is so much poisins tht lives only last until the 70s. Best not spend a good chunk of your life worrying about the indians

One thing you can do is just take a stroll through the local cemetaries and look at the dates. Many natives as well as non-natives were octogenerians...nowadays there is so much poisins tht lives only last until the 70s. Best not spend a good chunk of your life worrying about the indians

Was I talking to you quote miner?

How bout I pass on the stroll and the person making this claim just backs it up instead.

Was I talking to you quote miner?

How bout I pass on the stroll and the person making this claim just backs it up instead.

Sorry "Angus-Throw-Up-And-Make-A-Pile" I will let you try and graduate from a flickering candle to 40 watt lightbulb--an improvement but still dim--continue you on with your backwards jibberish :lol:

Sorry "Angus-Throw-Up-And-Make-A-Pile" I will let you try and graduate from a flickering candle to 40 watt lightbulb--an improvement but still dim--continue you on with your backwards jibberish laugh.gif

You truly are amazing. Amazing because you consistently post items with less value than what I deposit in the toilet every day. Just how does one go about becoming so inane and obviously challenged?

You truly are amazing. Amazing because you consistently post items with less value than what I deposit in the toilet every day. Just how does one go about becoming so inane and obviously challenged?

When you point your fingers, just remember that 3 are pointed back at you ;) So how do you become so inane and challenged? especially with your brainwaished gray matter? :lol:

Why would I want to flatter some cranky old fart?

Honestly? I don't know.

Unlless its because you actually have a glimmering of awareness and wish to build upon that flicker?

Perhaps you have some deep seated respect for the "old fart" as you so eloquently describe me?

Are ytou perhaps starting to show the "chinks" in your armoure?

Who knows?

You're the one who asked the question.

And there were also tremendous losses early in life from childhood diseases, tuberculosis, dysentary, etc. Many of these were rather suddent and unexpected.