Human rights agency trying to shut down charities

Peter, if a tall, blue-eyed man invites you to go and a see a movie and you refuse, are you guilty of discrimination?

If I don't want to go to the movies with him soley because he is blue-eyed, then yes, I am guilty of discrimination.

Are you saying I wouldn't be?

I am astonished how some Westerners have not thought through Galilean/Enlightenment principles. Some people take for granted this life. Well, we may owe existence to the Grace of God but we do not enjoy this life by chance. People in the past sacrificed to make this life of ours possible.

Peter, you are free to choose - even refuse - and yet you don't appreciate the origin of this freedom.

That must be true since I have no idea of what you speak. You're still wrong though.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At two or three times the price, presumably. They get very little from the province given the number of group homes they operate.

There are American companies operating in Canada that are in the "group home buisness" and they operate on an industrial level. For instance..take the amount of kids snatched up in and aroung Toronto by the CAS - CCA and the infamous flag ship..J.F.C.S...which is acutally a secularist orgainization hiding behind a religion..having sait that, there are well over 14000 children in "care" - Imagine all the off shoot employment these poor kids provide..I would call the kids employers and reverse that - they are actually child labour serving a parasitic orgainization of community college graduate losers.

As for the Human Rights Commisson - which is the court of last resort (a place where the Supreme Court sends matter that may interfere with their status quo) ...it's extremist secularism - as for Christian charities there are none..Go to a Church basement food band and the good has been taken out of garbage dumpsters and passed on to the poor ..this is not charity ...this is just getting rid of the garbage and feeling liberally good about it.

Your rhetorical question has prejudged the answer. But are you the judge? Who should judge? For example, if I don't like lesbians or blue-eyed women, should I not be free to choose a brown=eyed straight? Why should a lesbian care for me if I don't like lesbians? After all, women and men still choose a partner to have children. Do they not discriminate? (ie. choose?)

August, it isn't about the person with disabilities choosing who they want to care for them. The organization is screening out people that the disabled could very well be happy with, based on the organization's own preferences. When I think of all the qualities required to work with someone with special needs (compassion, respect, sensitivity, honesty, courage, tenacity, creativity, humour), heterosexuality doesn't make the list.

Does Christian Horizons only provide care to Christian disabled people, or do they provide care to all disabled people? The article quoted in the opening post implies that there is no restriction on who they care for,

Walk along almost any main street and look at the names of the houses, associations and institutes that care for the poor, the abused, the marginalized, irrespective of their gender, race, religion or sexuality.
and I can't find anything on their website indicating they provide services only to Christians. Under their rights section, I don't see anything indicating respect for the religion of the client. If they provide care for everyone, regardless of religion, then the religion of the person providing the care shouldn't be an issue. Unless part of that person's job is to indoctrinate their clients into the religion - here's where I see the real problem.

The concern I've had through all of this is that they might be preaching to the disabled, rather than simply caring for them. When I look at their website, the first Service principle listed is "Spiritual". This leads me to believe that their priority is on pushing Christianity, rather than on meeting the needs of the disabled. Its been stated several times on this thread that they are the biggest service provider in Ontario. Are they providing appropriate services for their non-Christian clientele? I realize I'm off the topic of the Human Rights Commision ruling regarding the lesbian employer, but I see another human rights question here. Are the human rights of non-Christian disabled people being abused, if they have the choice of receiving care from an agency (possibly the only agency available) pushing their beliefs on them, or receiving inadequate or no care at all? What other services are available, and who is providing them?