Nambla- Gay Civil Rights Organization

NAMBLA, the child rapping organization which hands out material on rapping boys, has gotten support from the Internation Lesbian and Gay Right coalition, which is internationally recognized by the United Nations. Is'nt it sad that a society which once valued the life of children, is now more concerned about protecting NAMBLA's rights, than the rights of children to be safe from these sick pervs.

http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/research322.html

I'm sure NAMBLA will have absolutely no problem getting what they want given a little time. Pedophilia is already legal in Canada. 14-year-olds are legally children in this country (can't vote, drink, drive, work full-time, drop out of school, live without an adult caregiver, consent on their own behalf to medical procedures etc), yet the only circumstances in which an adult of any age cannot have a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old is if there is a relationship of authority (e.g. teacher), or the relationship is homosexual. Oh, and that last proviso isn't the case in Ontario and Quebec - it's just dandy if a 50-year-old man is regularly buggering a 14-year-old boy as long as he isn't his teacher, priest or anything like that.

I'd suggest that people damning NAMBLA take the beam out of their own eye first.

the overall sexualization of children by tv/movie mass marketing has chipped away at what we consider too young to be sexual. whats worse however, is the illusion of consent created by this. young girls wearing heels and makeup and exposed to the advances of older men predictibly feel empowered and the focus of attention. however we cannot mistake this for informed consent, as no matter what a preteen loooks like or dresses like or is exposed to, they will never be able to give informed consent to sexuality like an adult.

teens are a bit of a grey area. if who high school kids have sex at the age of 16, do we lock them up? what if the boy is 18? is it mutually exploitive if both are 16?

also if you look at society, a 16 yr old is a very independant person in 2004. both mother and father may work, leaving the teen alone much of the time. many young girls come home and do homework, cook some food for themselves, drive, do after school activities and so on. so its unreasonable to consider then completely dependant on the presence of adults.

but one thing is certain, there is an epidemic of child exploitation exploding around the world, and any civilized society need to treat child sex abuse like murder of the soul and rape on innocence. i have no sympathy of child rapists. i would kill them without hesitation if it can be proven what they did. i look at it like this, Canada has a finite amount of resources to take care of its citizens. we can either spend them on predators who have made their choice and had thier chance at life, or children who have all the potential at life and deserve a fair chance. i vote for nothing for violent criminals.

THIS ARTICLE at nytimes.com (freee membership required) documenting the child sex trade is the most disturbing thing i have ever read. i read all 10 pages and i really regret it now. its disturbing in every way. but i guess its stuff every civilized person needs to know.