Canadian Political Polls

I would have thought you would be quite grateful for Dion, I figure at this point he's the only reason we aren't headed for an election and a Liberal Gov't.

Do explain that one Shakey?

If an election meant a Liberal Government or any reasonable chance of one Steph would have called one, wouldn't he?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought you would be quite grateful for Dion, I figure at this point he's the only reason we aren't headed for an election and a Liberal Gov't.

I think it's a great time for Dion to pull the plug, personally.

Good addition Fortunata. Glad to see you have an exemption from the prohibition against personal attacks.

Fortunata has challenged my right to post there. Don't take it personal.

You are such a liar as I have proven more than once. Quit lying.

I'm a liar? What is this below? I am demonstrating the facts. You aor ein no position to call me a liar.

jbg, who are you and where did you come from? You seem to bring up the USA in your posts under Canadian Politics-not where they belong.

As far as I can tell reading your posts you haven't once posed a non-Conservative opinion; you denigrate Trudeau in particular (not that he shouldn't come under criticism) and most things liberal in general yet you call yourself a liberal? Canada is but a blip on the US radar so I cannot understand your interest unless it is just to put down this country in any way you can. And attending a CPC convention? Why? I mean, really, a CPC convention? A Canadian political convention that IS NOT liberal, in fact is far right wing? What's it to you? Strange, strange, strange.

You can't find harbOUr in your own country or what?

Funny JGB, my finding an American (or Brit or Spanish or Danish or any other nationality for that matter) at a domestic Canadian political convention would only be considered anti-American by someone who is grasping at straws.

As for the who are you, where did you come from, it was purely rhetorical. Don't care, don't care, don't care. But it is strange and as you co-opt Canadian political forums for discussion of ANOTHER COUNTRY (more anti-Americanism?) it is appropriate to comment on it. I'm sure you could find the correct place if you try.

By the way, I have a great sense of humOUr. That's a spelling mistake by whose standards? When in Rome............

You call that a personal attack? Better re-read boyo. I called you on co-opting threads that had nothing to do with Canada/US or just USA to talk about the US. I was just on the Canada/US thread and that's where you should be talking about the US. Not under "Liberals Hidden Agenda" which actually has nothing to do with Harry Truman nor Canadian (mis)spelling, which was totally inappropriate since you are on a Canadian forum, and of course we use Canadian spelling.

And I still find it strange that someone of a different nationality not even living in this country would attend a Canadian political convention.

I'm a liar? What is this below? I am demonstrating the facts. You aor ein no position to call me a liar.

He makes a compelling case. An American left-winger attending a Canadian right-wing political convention sends the BS detector off the scale.

I think you need to re-read what I posted. I stand by what I said.

Stand tall Shakey.

I did re-read, fair enough. So what's the game plan? Dump him before the election or try and dump him in the election a la John Turner?

Didn't the caucus stop Dion from forcing an election in the fall? Can't remember the timeline....

I'm in a great position to call you one since not once in all those old posts you dug up did I say you shouldn't or didn't have the right to post here.

Sure I did and I quoted it.

He makes a compelling case. An American left-winger attending a Canadian right-wing political convention sends the BS detector off the scale.

Just one small problem - JBG was there in Montreal and met with many Canadian Conservatives, including yours truly, and I was a bona fide delegate at the CPC convention. Conventions include observers from many places and interests.

Edited by WestViking

Except that JBG or I believe the other nic he uses, Yank-in-NY on some other Canadian political forums isn't a left winger at all.

For example, here's JBG expressing his views on homosexuality and political correctness.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/lounge/3...html#post592697

And it does appear strange that a left winger would be a member of the Blogging Tories

http://www.bloggingtories.ca/forums/topic4980.html

I'd supply more posts but the wayback internet archive machine's not working so well with the old talkon.ca forums where he readily admitted to being right wing.

JBG a left winger? :lol::lol:

Not a chance in hell.

Except that JBG or I believe the other nic he uses, Yank-in-NY on some other Canadian political forums isn't a left winger at all.

For example, here's JBG expressing his views on homosexuality and political correctness.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/lounge/3...html#post592697

And it does appear strange that a left winger would be a member of the Blogging Tories

http://www.bloggingtories.ca/forums/topic4980.html

I'd supply more posts but the wayback internet archive machine's not working so well with the old talkon.ca forums where he readily admitted to being right wing.

JBG a left winger? :lol::lol:

Not a chance in hell.

Let's clarify one thing. Except for one minor registration about three years ago, the only names I use are "JBG" and "JBGUSA". I am not "Yank in New York".

As far as being a left-winger, maybe "liberal" would describe my beliefs better than than "left wing". I am a liberal in the sense that I believe in breaking down class and tradition-bound barriers to progress, acheivement and work. The New World is about opportunity, and people showing what they can do and offer. That is the respect in which I am "liberal", i.e. the way Adam Smith and John Locke were. In a more modern context, I regard Harry S. Truman in the US as a true liberal, for starting in a forceful and effective manner the integration of Ameircan society, and recognizing Israel, a force for progress in the world.

I am not prepared to abandon a great ideology to the likes of Gagliano, Chretien or others who are thugs who borrow the label and where the mantle, but consider common people to be consumers of "beer and popcorn".

No, you quoted my concern about you co-opting threads. Nice try though.

No, I quoted your concern about an American going to the CPC convention and then posting on this board.

No, I quoted your concern about an American going to the CPC convention and then posting on this board.

I was and am not "concerned" you attended a CPC convention. I found it "strange." I still find it strange. And you linking the two together? Grasping at straws, which I guess is what you do when you are caught out.

You seem to bring up the USA in your posts under Canadian Politics-not where they belong.

But it is strange and as you co-opt Canadian political forums for discussion of ANOTHER COUNTRY (more anti-Americanism?) it is appropriate to comment on it. I'm sure you could find the correct place if you try.

Now drop it jbg and don't lie about me anymore.

I am not a dog holding a tennis ball you want. You are a liar.

Drop your childish propaganda - never did I say you did not have the right to post here. Ever. You didn't prove it. You can't prove it because it didn't happen yet you perpetuate that lie every once in awhile. Either you are dreaming or you have a reading incomprehension. I commented on you co-opting threads. Period. That's it; that's all. I now want an apology.

Drop your childish propaganda - never did I say you did not have the right to post here. Ever. You didn't prove it. You can't prove it because it didn't happen yet you perpetuate that lie every once in awhile. Either you are dreaming or you have a reading incomprehension. I commented on you co-opting threads. Period. That's it; that's all. I now want an apology.

"We love to say we're sorry" - Arrogant Worms, "Forgive Us We're Canadian".