Drive Britons out of Canada!

What on earth Canadian authorities think about? The biggest environmental crime in history is being committed right under their nose. And they seem to don’t care a spit. That British oil giant BP is going to invest heavily in extracting so-called ‘oil sands’ that lie beneath Canadian province of Alberta. Do you know what that means? That means destruction of more than 54,000 square miles of prime forest (that’s area the size of England and Wales). It would 4 times increase carbon dioxide kick the principal global warming gas into atmosphere.

British should be banished from Canada for preventing ecological catastrophe. Those Europeans had destroyed almost all their forests and now they’re impatient to take our natural resources. That BP should be prosecuted together with British government covering them.

What on earth Canadian authorities think about? The biggest environmental crime in history is being committed right under their nose. And they seem to don’t care a spit. That British oil giant BP is going to invest heavily in extracting so-called ‘oil sands’ that lie beneath Canadian province of Alberta. Do you know what that means? That means destruction of more than 54,000 square miles of prime forest (that’s area the size of England and Wales). It would 4 times increase carbon dioxide kick the principal global warming gas into atmosphere.

British should be banished from Canada for preventing ecological catastrophe. Those Europeans had destroyed almost all their forests and now they’re impatient to take our natural resources. That BP should be prosecuted together with British government covering them.

Don't blame BP.

Blame Husky energy and it's Husky's Sunrise tar sands project owned by the Hong Kong based billionaire Li Ka-Shing.

I say we should kick BOTH out of the country.

What do you mean? You do not like your electricity and your car and your home heating and your nylon and your velcro and your non-dairy creamer? I suppose you want to go back to gravel roads as well?

Look - I know there will be some environmental damage, but the fact remains - unless you wish to go back to candles and hauling wood for the stove, you had better think twice.

Heck, Suncor is at it as well as a host of canadian companies and canadian subsidiaries.

As for prime forest - well, having walked that bush many times I can assure you it may be prime for some things - but all it grows is poplar and spruce - which will all be harvested first. Nothing will go to waste.

There will be a reclamation plan in hand for the day when oil production ceases.

Relax.

Life will continue.

Borg

Edited by Borg

No! StOP!1!!!1!! LimeyS! Go hOMer!1!1!!1!!!1 SpottED OwL!!! HornEdE bUFfaLo! Goner!1!!111!!! AlL GonER!!!!!!! SkY FaLl!!!!! GarBled WramMinG!!!!!!!
I think the OP refers to this:
The conversations started for me the second I landed in Bali as conference delegates found each other in the baggage claim and the visa lines. Before I had even collected my baggage I had given out several copies of Stupid to the Last Drop by William Marsden (Random House has donated 100 books for me to distribute in Bali to raise awareness of the devastating impact of Canada's rapidly expanding tar sands. For some really good reports on the tar sands see www.pembina.org).
Link

So you figured it out that the Queen really does own your ass..better make friends with the royals and negotitate - perhaps you can team up and make sure that this explotation is done properly? After all "crown land" - is crown land - ask any lawyer with QC after his name and he will tell you what the score really is - best to butter up to the Queen than that raving queen - Dick Chaney - who is not civilized in the least - the Britons will show good stewardship - let the Americans in and you will see land locked Exon Valdise land slicks...we have a monarch - lets use her - or lets be Americans - maybe - we should get rid of the Queen and just ship up more fat Mexican illegals and create a plant for squeezing human oil out of the peasants - why not...? Or we can maintain our soverignty through OUR queen - I vote for the Queen and you can vote for Haliburton and Dicky boy....who will just as soon ruin the land as shoot you in the face in a drunken stupor.