Gary McHale Assaults a Six Nations Woman

You know, I'd like to know more about this assault. I watched the video's that Posit posted a link to and didn't see any assault on a woman. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Have you tried?:

http://caledoniawakeupcall.com/

The only obvious assault that I've seen in any of the videos shows Powless striking McHale, but of course he has not been charged.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting: I just read this....

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/293035

Also, It appears that McHale is no longer allowed to communicated with some people

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/293035

Interesting.....

Interesting... a new members has made their first posit in this thread...

and has linked the same article twice...

Edited by kengs333

Interesting... a new members has made their first posit in this thread...

and has linked the same article twice...

Actually what I find really interesting is the comparison that can be made between the video and the newspaper article. The newspaper article really doesn't say much, it recites charges laid (not really indicative of anything much, when its mischief type charges) and names those charged. All in all it really doesn't tell you much.

The video on the other hand speaks volumes, you know the old saw about a picture being worth a thousand words. The vast and overwhelming majority of violence displayed does not seem to bear out the threads title in any way.

Well let me try another interesting addition to this thread:

McHale Banned from Caledonia

I'm not sure but I think it should work out alright.

Well, we all saw that one coming! Fantino got his way, I guess. He's made no secret over his feeling that the townsfolk of Caledonia should just suffer in silence and white guys like McHale should be banned from attracting any attention to the situation.

Pretty obvious Fantino doesn't live in the town.

This is what scares me the most! He's BREEDING vigilante-ism! What does he expect people to do when they law won't stand up for them? Or when the law punishes THEM for defending themselves?

If my family was threatened I know what I'd do and I won't care a fig for a political animal like Fantino. When a cop can pick and choose which citizens he will defend then we're all in a heap of trouble!

Pretty obvious Fantino doesn't live in the town.

Like when he was Chief of Toronto police, he did not live here either.

This is what scares me the most! He's BREEDING vigilante-ism! What does he expect people to do when they law won't stand up for them? Or when the law punishes THEM for defending themselves?

If my family was threatened I know what I'd do and I won't care a fig for a political animal like Fantino. When a cop can pick and choose which citizens he will defend then we're all in a heap of trouble!

Welcome to Fantino's world. Never met a camera he didnt like. Media whore and he abhors his underlings getting press. Relegated Cam Woolley to the basement , although he has relented in his case due to pressure from the public.

Its all about looking good for Fantino. The London Gay bathhouse debacle should have ruined him. Shame it didnt.

Natives ought to disobey the law whenever they can. In fact, if I were them, I'd have resorted to excessive violence long ago.

Natives ought to disobey the law whenever they can. In fact, if I were them, I'd have resorted to excessive violence long ago.

Are you asking for bloodshed?

As for disobeying the law, despite their claims to being sovereign if they take federal money then they have to take all the strings that come with it, like Canadian law. Personally, if they chose to refuse Canadian law, I would support them. As long as they understood that it would work both ways and they would no longer have any right to federal money.

I would also expect that there would be a binding referendum amongst native peoples to be absolutely sure it was a majority choice and not just the wishes of a few militants.

I would also expect that there would be a binding referendum amongst native peoples to be absolutely sure it was a majority choice and not just the wishes of a few militants.

Well, I think in the case of Six Nations, there seniments that are being expressed is more than that of "a few militants". It's interesting, though, that the loudest of them all have turned out to be a small group of "white" nitwits who seem to be trying to inflame tensions between Six Nations and non-Natives ("white supremacists").

McHale is a professional racist agitator. He has a website where he boasts about being for hire to target native land claims. Other videos on numberswatchdog.com paint the same picture.

The difference between numberswatchdog and the mchale website is a little wee thing that may have been overlooked. It's called editorials. While a certain website is overflowing with personal opinions and attacks on everything that moves, I fail to find any such editorials on numberswatchdog.

Just an observation. Maybe I missed them? www.numberswatchdog.com I'll have to recheck...

The difference between numberswatchdog and the mchale website is a little wee thing that may have been overlooked. It's called editorials. While a certain website is overflowing with personal opinions and attacks on everything that moves, I fail to find any such editorials on numberswatchdog.

Just an observation. Maybe I missed them? www.numberswatchdog.com I'll have to recheck...

Every one wants to be famous - seems that this clown wants to carve out a name for himself by using every opportunity to embarss law enforcement - the government and First Nations - why don't we just jail the creep? Take the trouble maker out of circulation - I wonder who is supporting him from the sidelines - we don't need more cut throat opportunist here taking advantage of a frozen and seized system - our system is at a stand still and this provoceteur is feasting on the static corpse that is the system..lock the bastard up..and clean up this mess, for the betterment of all concerned - and fire all the lawyers involved and bring in some young idealist legalist with a sense of law who not only practice law but also obey it.

Are you asking for bloodshed?

As for disobeying the law, despite their claims to being sovereign if they take federal money then they have to take all the strings that come with it, like Canadian law. Personally, if they chose to refuse Canadian law, I would support them. As long as they understood that it would work both ways and they would no longer have any right to federal money.

Nobody asks for bloodshed, least of all the Natives. But they got it anyways, did they not?

I can understand the motivations behind your insistence that federal money ought to equal legal obedience, but I still disagree. Let's say I walk into your house, take it over and force you to live in the basement. I then offer to give you some of your food back to you. Are you therefore obligated to listen to what I say just because you accept the food?

I personally don't think so.

It's an interesting assertion in a first post after an eight month hiatus.

Point?

Nobody asks for bloodshed, least of all the Natives. But they got it anyways, did they not?

I can understand the motivations behind your insistence that federal money ought to equal legal obedience, but I still disagree. Let's say I walk into your house, take it over and force you to live in the basement. I then offer to give you some of your food back to you. Are you therefore obligated to listen to what I say just because you accept the food?

Point?

So, you would be in favour of natives granted sovereignty over their land, federal monies cut off and they be treated no differently than Canada would treat Belgium. that is, just any old foreign country?

Yup, here we go again...

The interesting thing about http://www.numberswatchdog.com is that there's a definite "money trail" from INAC for the past few years anyway...recipient names and amounts. Want to know how much your band received since 1995-96? watchdog.com is the exclusive place to find out.....

Or you can download the Public Accounts and add up hundreds of pages.... there's a hard way and an easy way to find out. I prefer the easy way... and I still don't see how the watchdog website even resembles the one maintained by mchale.

So, you would be in favour of natives granted sovereignty over their land, federal monies cut off and they be treated no differently than Canada would treat Belgium. that is, just any old foreign country?

Absolutely.

They get what they want (sovereignty), and we get what we want (the ability to defend our property and laws). A Native person living in Canada has every reason in the world to break the law, ranging from past atrocities to the generally abysmal treatment of Natives by the present day Federal Government.

Giving them their own land and government would end a brutal system of co-dependence and allow them to develop the best chance for themselves, as they see it...

Absolutely.

They get what they want (sovereignty), and we get what we want (the ability to defend our property and laws). A Native person living in Canada has every reason in the world to break the law, ranging from past atrocities to the generally abysmal treatment of Natives by the present day Federal Government.

Giving them their own land and government would end a brutal system of co-dependence and allow them to develop the best chance for themselves, as they see it...

And that way we wouldn't have to listen to the whining. Trouble is, it would be about ten minutes before they starved to death, or froze to death, or started showing up at our hospitals in poor shape, and their leadership, like recovering amnesiacs, started remembering other treaties carried down by "oral tradition"...

No they don't, actually. No one has the right to flagrantly break the law, interfere with the lives of other Canadians in order to push a political agenda. That's not how it works in Canada. Moreover, characterizing the treatment of Indians now as "abysmal" is ridiculous considering how much of a sincere effort there has been on the part of society and government to rectify past problems, and considering how much money has been dumped into programs for Indian culture, rehabilitation, economic development. Much of the problem does rest on the individual bands and how they are mismanaged, or the manner in which backward and defeatest attitudes imposed on youth by their elders. There's only one solution to many of the problems that Indians face: education. And when I read Indians complaining about education being a "white man's" tool for oppression and genocide, it's difficult to feel much sympathy. People who want to live in ignorance only have themselves to blame, and Canada should have to pay for it when a bunch of under-educated people feel that they need to be compensated for being disenfranchised.

No they don't, actually. No one has the right to flagrantly break the law, interfere with the lives of other Canadians in order to push a political agenda. That's not how it works in Canada. Moreover, characterizing the treatment of Indians now as "abysmal" is ridiculous considering how much of a sincere effort there has been on the part of society and government to rectify past problems, and considering how much money has been dumped into programs for Indian culture, rehabilitation, economic development. Much of the problem does rest on the individual bands and how they are mismanaged, or the manner in which backward and defeatest attitudes imposed on youth by their elders. There's only one solution to many of the problems that Indians face: education. And when I read Indians complaining about education being a "white man's" tool for oppression and genocide, it's difficult to feel much sympathy. People who want to live in ignorance only have themselves to blame, and Canada should have to pay for it when a bunch of under-educated people feel that they need to be compensated for being disenfranchised.

What laws were broken? I did an inet search and from what I can tell any laws there were broken there were charges laid and sent to court. Some of them have been found not guilty and the rest received reasonable sentences. So really, what laws are you talking about that have been flagrantly broken?

Yet...that McHale fella is interfering with the lives of other Canadians, in and around Caledonia in order to push his personal political agenda, despite being told by many Caledonians publicly that he is not wanted there. As well, now McHale has been banned from Caledonia because the OPP made a deal with him which I understand he now wants to renege on. So I wonder what goes through a guy's mind that says he wants the police to enforce the law, yet who quickly refuses to abide by the law. I also understand that there may be an assault charge coming and it seems McHale is a bit of a hypocrite in saying he didn't assault the woman while there is credible video evidence that proves he did. Do you suppose McHale doctored that video on his own website to edit out the actual assault? And don't you think it a bit ironic that the guy lied in the public forum while trying to show the OPP are being truthful?

Lots of questions come out of this affair in my perspective. McHale's lack of credibility is no longer unanswered.

What laws were broken? I did an inet search and from what I can tell any laws there were broken there were charges laid and sent to court. Some of them have been found not guilty and the rest received reasonable sentences. So really, what laws are you talking about that have been flagrantly broken?

Yet...that McHale fella is interfering with the lives of other Canadians, in and around Caledonia in order to push his personal political agenda, despite being told by many Caledonians publicly that he is not wanted there. As well, now McHale has been banned from Caledonia because the OPP made a deal with him which I understand he now wants to renege on. So I wonder what goes through a guy's mind that says he wants the police to enforce the law, yet who quickly refuses to abide by the law. I also understand that there may be an assault charge coming and it seems McHale is a bit of a hypocrite in saying he didn't assault the woman while there is credible video evidence that proves he did. Do you suppose McHale doctored that video on his own website to edit out the actual assault? And don't you think it a bit ironic that the guy lied in the public forum while trying to show the OPP are being truthful?

Lots of questions come out of this affair in my perspective. McHale's lack of credibility is no longer unanswered.

Well well well. Here she is again.