Tasered Polish Man

shavluk

If you were a cop - would you have shot him? Yes or no?

I would have had no issue tasering him.

The alternatives would be pepper spray so he'd suffer everytime he washed his hair for a week, or clubbing him until he gives up, which would probably do some serious permenant damage, or you could always choke him until he passes out, which could kill him too.

Yup, the taser sounds like a great option.

Unfortunate that the guy died, let's keep in mind we have no idea if the taser even caused this yet.

Some crazy guy running around an airport throwing things is a serious threat to public safety. He needed to be controlled very quickly.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure want to and seem to need to justify tyranny.
No I simply have no patience for people that are not capable of setting aside their prejudices and looking at the facts.
You say they are not a lethal weapon - evidently they are in some cases.
But so is anything else the police might use. People have died when the police take them down 'by hand'. Does that mean that we should call a head lock deadly force?
All I was suggesting was grabbing the man and holding him if all else failed
A man that large could easily injure the police officers. Why should police officers risk personal injury because people like you are unable to understand the difference between a taser and a gun? Edited by Riverwind

But so is anything else the police might use. People have died when the police take them down 'by hand'. Does that mean that we should call a head lock deadly force?

A man that large could easily injure the police officers. Why should police officers risk personal injury because people like you are unable to understand the difference between a taser and a gun.

So what you are saying is all big men are scarey to you. Boy.....do I detect someone who grew up in a very quiet and genteel neighbourhood...where all the males weighted 140 wet? Come on - where are the real men these days ----- oh yah ...being disposed of for sport in Afghanistan..."personal injury"? They are cops not concert violin players making sure they don't bruise a finger!

So what you are saying is all big men are scarey to you. Boy.....do I detect someone who grew up in a very quiet and genteel neighbourhood...where all the males weighted 140 wet? Come on - where are the real men these days ----- oh yah ...being disposed of for sport in Afghanistan..."personal injury"? They are cops not concert violin players making sure they don't bruise a finger!

I don't expect anyone to risk serious personal injury when avoidable at work. If they can use non-lethal force to subdue someone, by all means.

I know the Canadian public would have reacted far more harshly (and even more irrationally) if the officers beat him with their batons until he stopped resisting... even if he might not have died. Pepper spray may have been a reasonable option, but it's just as 'potentially deadly' as a taser and not nearly as effective.

They are cops not concert violin players making sure they don't bruise a finger!
They interviewed a cop on the radio with a permanent disability. Injured his back trying to take down someone by hand. You have no business telling cops that they should risk personal injury so you can feel better. Edited by Riverwind

They interviewed a cop on the radio with a permanent disability. Injured his back trying to take down someone by hand. You have no business telling cops that they should risk personal injury so you can feel better.

Cops are soldiers - they are the private standing army you fool - soldiers do battle and risk injury - they are not neurosurgeons - what the hell is wrong with you...you are totally disconnected and a stupified elitist attempting to justfiy manslaughter because you can not hire intelligent people to do you law enforcement - I guess intelligent people really don't want anything to do with the likes of you - a fool.

Cops are soldiers - they are the private standing army you fool - soldiers do battle and risk injury - they are not neurosurgeons - what the hell is wrong with you...you are totally disconnected and a stupified elitist.
Sorry bud - you are describing yourself - an arrogant pansy who seems to think that others should be sacrificed so your sensibilities don't get disturbed. You also seem to be incapable of seperating fact from your opinion and go on at great length about what happened when you have not even watched video in question. Edited by Riverwind

Cops are soldiers - they are the private standing army you fool - soldiers do battle and risk injury - they are not neurosurgeons - what the hell is wrong with you...you are totally disconnected and a stupified elitist attempting to justfiy manslaughter because you can not hire intelligent people to do you law enforcement - I guess intelligent people really don't want anything to do with the likes of you - a fool.

You're a raving loony.

You're a raving loony.

Yep - I held back as long as I could...and you my friend are....just someone that does not want to work...and as the man in the movie said - "you just can't handle the truth" - you see my dear...as I continued to evolve as a person and truely take a good long look at things and actually learn something - I wrongfully thought that others must be doing the same thing...improving themselves - awakening - becoming enlightened at any risk or cost..seeking wisdom - well by the time I returned from my quest and got back here - you remained the same as if caught in some freezing time warp...I would rather be a loony than be you...my dear old mum use to say - "stroke them - they are underdeveloped people - common...and this is the common wealth is it not - and I really do not see any real wealth here - just poverty.

Yep - I held back as long as I could...and you my friend are....just someone that does not want to work...and as the man in the movie said - "you just can't handle the truth" - you see my dear...as I continued to evolve as a person and truely take a good long look at things and actually learn something - I wrongfully thought that others must be doing the same thing...improving themselves - awakening - becoming enlightened at any risk or cost..seeking wisdom - well by the time I returned from my quest and got back here - you remained the same as if caught in some freezing time warp...I would rather be a loony than be you...my dear old mum use to say - "stroke them - they are underdeveloped people - common...and this is the common wealth is it not - and I really do not see any real wealth here - just poverty.

Don't forget to take your medication... heaven forbid you wake up with remorse or guilt...or a pang of regret for institutional cowardice that seems to be the norm in this back water of a nation...this country stinks...If this is representational of a Canadian forum - you sure have a long way to go...primatives. - should have never stuck my nose in this place ...reminds me to much of the highschool I never attended.

Oleg, you're answering your own post. Now you're scaring me. :wacko:

Well - get out the taser...Really guys..the attitude seems to be that the population are cattle..and when you have a writer state that a cop should not "risk personal injury" doing what he is paid to do and that is the work of a civil soldier...just smacks of a sick elitism..as if how we are moving into an era where cops are like banking machines..

..providing no real service but just expedient action - why not just hook up wires to the unwashed masses and shock them in their beds to get them to go to work - or to quell disident dreaming at night...what is scarey is the mentality - that when a person is percieved as an annoyance - you ZAP them to shut them up - what about the student in the states who was annoying and they shocked him like a bull proding at the fence a little to hard. So don't give me that classic liberal conservative reverse in realty and say that I am scarey - it is you that frightens me.

I'm willing to wait and see what comes out of this as long as it is not just cops investigating cops. I don't trust them to tell the truth when they can get away with covering their behinds and no one will be the wiser. Their initial story was the beginning of a cover up and if it weren't for the video we would have bought it all.

I do think though that our police are too quick to use force instead of trying to calm a situation down, negotiate - even listen. I don't think this was always the way.

Well - get out the taser...Really guys..the attitude seems to be that the population are cattle..and when you have a writer state that a cop should not "risk personal injury" doing what he is paid to do and that is the work of a civil soldier...just smacks of a sick elitism..as if how we are moving into an era where cops are like banking machines..

..providing no real service but just expedient action - why not just hook up wires to the unwashed masses and shock them in their beds to get them to go to work - or to quell disident dreaming at night...what is scarey is the mentality - that when a person is percieved as an annoyance - you ZAP them to shut them up - what about the student in the states who was annoying and they shocked him like a bull proding at the fence a little to hard. So don't give me that classic liberal conservative reverse in realty and say that I am scarey - it is you that frightens me.

AND I am not answering my own posts - I am extending them....I like some action and some passion...seems you people are the polite canadians that they talk about...boring - what's wrong with provocative action...a bit of a dance - some FUN - don't you guys have fun - or are you caught up in some silly idea of self importance as if someone of relevance will read your drollish crap..none of you are creating any progress - just pouring water from one glass into the other then back again...lets get some debate going here - some rough play - some results some earned re-solution and solution - this place is a time waster.

AND I am not answering my own posts - I am extending them....I like some action and some passion...seems you people are the polite canadians that they talk about...boring - what's wrong with provocative action...a bit of a dance - some FUN - don't you guys have fun - or are you caught up in some silly idea of self importance as if someone of relevance will read your drollish crap..none of you are creating any progress - just pouring water from one glass into the other then back again...lets get some debate going here - some rough play - some results some earned re-solution and solution - this place is a time waster.

What debate, everyone who disagrees with you is "stupid" or an "idiot" and anything they have to say is "drollish crap".

You're a raving loony.

You're free to leave anytime.

Banish me... :P Go head make my day...I have been booted out of grander places than this. And just to make you feel better - you are amusing me and I am chuckling..you are truely ineffective here and you know it...why don't you go for it and speak freely - like the Americans do..? What a waste of electronic media. Jabbering about First Nations and having a difficult time accepting the fact that the mess continues to this day because you have a corrupt and cowardly judicary...

Or avoiding the fact that some creeps in China can have you shut down a CBC documentary about human rights abuse - because some freak on bay street has sold our asses to other crimminals?

Talk about something real - either fix this tattered nation before it is swallowed up by that silly pan american union that is simply mexican mafia formalizing a situation with the creeps in Washington and Toronto and Montreal..talk about those things - the fact that there is already a pan american mafia union...and to announce it formally - is just to feed the massive egos of some lunitic corporates who love power for powers sake - talk about that - not about if Harper's non-reputation will be damaged by that has been Malroney who should just go and retire and play golf at Magna with that other second rate front man Harris - need I say more...

Canada is the shits and if someone wants to ban me - let them send me to a place that is not run by cowards and spoiled aging over privledged brats who pretend they are men...it's just so tedious trying to survive in a place where I am not wanted..Canada is a great disappointment for me...and I feel like an immigrant with the same rights to improvement - none.. it's been a long time coming - but I finally am retiring from this non-paying job of watcher of idots and delluded egotists.

This from a guy who averages 30 posts per day. :lol: :lol:

OK OK so you caught me being a drama king...and a hypocrite - more of a script writer and maniplator may be more accurate - I really enjoy pumping on on the key board and jogging around the block...as you can see - I have time on my hands but not on my side....awwh...it's sport - and once you get to know me - you may even understand and like me - I do hope that I have been entertaining and disruptive...thanks - time to take a bath ------oh.......don't tell anyone that I am not a lunitic - I like the title.....so......lets get some tazers and have a duel.....ten paces turn and zap - trust me I will not cheat..........or maybe I will.

Well as I am not in the group you describe not by a long shot.

As a cop ,something I joined Canada's Armed Forces to be and as a previous Federal Revenue Canada Tax Cop I can tell you all that I would have raised my own hands and lowered them in a calming way ,,,diffused the situation and removed the risk ,,don't forget I have 3 drooling neanderthals hiding behind me in case this guy was able to produce a weapon when I know he is in a place that even lighters are confiscated anyhooo had he some how managed to produce a so called weapon like a ""stapler"",,well I am smarter than that and still would not taser him.

Some of you say it doesn't kill yet it has killed over 286 i think

17 in Canada

Lazy ill trained cowards that only because of a video are now reassigned and examined.

Stupid cowards tried to hide the truth,,,,""""In custody death syndrome ""???

give me a fcking break !!!!

how stupid do you think even these red necks are?

Leave this new member Oleg Bach alone.

He is worth more than you long time stupid ones.

So he doesn't have lying eye's like some of you and is new superior DNA of the smarter human,,quit just being jealous as you are irrelevant and soon will be in real life based on your ignorance.

I cant see any point to any more here as we have the same spin doctors and the sane side voicing remorse.

I don't plan on going in circles

My prayers go out to this country and this poor mother and as I said I am ashamed of people like stockwell day who I believe is a pompous asshole.

I thank all of you smart people and curse you stupid ones.

I am going to be pressing for a law just like in the states that allows average citizens to carry tasers and then we will soon see better mannered police and less mouthy white trash.

Edited by shavluk

Well as I am not in the group you describe not by a long shot.

As a cop ,something I joined Canada's Armed Forces to be and as a previous Federal Revenue Canada Tax Cop I can tell you all that I would have raised my own hands and lowered them in a calming way ,,,diffused the situation and removed the risk ,,don't forget I have 3 drooling neanderthals hiding behind me in case this guy was able to produce a weapon when I know he is in a place that even lighters are confiscated anyhooo had he some how managed to produce a so called weapon like a ""stapler"",,well I am smarter than that and still would not taser him.

Some of you say it doesn't kill yet it has killed over 286 i think

17 in Canada

Lazy ill trained cowards that only because of a video are now reassigned and examined.

Stupid cowards tried to hide the truth,,,,""""In custody death syndrome ""???

give me a fcking break !!!!

how stupid do you think even these red necks are?

Leave this new member Oleg Bach alone.

He is worth more than you long time stupid ones.

So he doesn't have lying eye's like some of you and is new superior DNA of the smarter human,,quit just being jealous as you are irrelevant and soon will be in real life based on your ignorance.

I cant see any point to any more here as we have the same spin doctors and the sane side voicing remorse.

I don't plan on going in circles

My prayers go out to this country and this poor mother and as I said I am ashamed of people like stockwell day who I believe is a pompous asshole.

I thank all of you smart people and curse you stupid ones.

I am going to be pressing for a law just like in the states that allows average citizens to carry tasers and then we will soon see better mannered police and less mouthy white trash.

I was a bit worried that I brow beat these members a little to much - should have been more patient - it is as if I started tasering wildly...sorry guys...maybe it's the primaitive Ukrainian blood that flows in hot droplets in my veins. If this type of auto-el-lazyo apprehension becomes exceptable to the public - then welcome to the "brave new world" where in time humans will have shut down switches and wake up in soviet style re-education centres.

I feel that some of the members that were supportive of these types of subdueings of citizens and odd acting people from abroad are just afraid..they cuddle up to what they believe are the authorities - much like an abused child clings to it's abuser - hoping to stay close so as not to give rise to another strike to the head. You have to remember that you must be brave and YOU are in authorship in this leaderless nation. Just this morning I heard of another police related death..some officers are hunters and there is a pack mentality much like wolves...the quality of law enforcement has gone down..You really can not have an effective and generously kind law enforcement staffed by people that are 5 feet 3 inches tall weighing in at 120 lbs.

What happened to the day of the benevolent traditional Canadian Scottish cop - who would gain your trust and protect you from other and from yourself if need be..this is a problem - that we have choosen to create a standing army of police officers - and don't deny that cops are the only force that politicals have on a daily basis. Same as the judicary - they are just hot air without cops - so you must have qualtiy cops....I can tell you right now - even though my Russian is that of a five year old not having spoke it for 50 years - I could have calmed this Slavic farm boy down..I would have made friends with him instantly. That is the sophisticated way of dealing with odd behaviour that some fear needlessly.

I was just thinking how much his mother is weeping and beside herself - a day full of hope for a new life and the comfort of having her son with her in Canada - are gone - have any of you thought what this does for grass roots - Polish - Canadian relations? Word on the street will be "don't go to Canada - if you so much as twitch or raise and eye brow they will kill you" - that is one of the things that Canadian authorities will have to live with.

Much like the American example of winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqs - you don't do it by kicking in their door like they are black slaves in a hovel..and you are the plantation owner hoping to show your superiourity. Tasering has to be brought under control immediately...it's barbaric and smacks of the worst and most brutal begining of Orwellianism....other than that - lets build a better nation - and law enforcement is key - as is law giving.

I was a bit worried that I brow beat these members a little to much - should have been more patient - it is as if I started tasering wildly...sorry guys...maybe it's the primaitive Ukrainian blood that flows in hot droplets in my veins. If this type of auto-el-lazyo apprehension becomes exceptable to the public - then welcome to the "brave new world" where in time humans will have shut down switches and wake up in soviet style re-education centres.

Don't worry. I'm not tazed by your posts.

Much like the American example of winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqs - you don't do it by kicking in their door like they are black slaves in a hovel..and you are the plantation owner hoping to show your superiourity. Tasering has to be brought under control immediately...it's barbaric and smacks of the worst and most brutal begining of Orwellianism....other than that - lets build a better nation - and law enforcement is key - as is law giving.
Another off-topic cheap shot at GWB.

Don't worry. I'm not tazed by your posts.

Another off-topic cheap shot at GWB.

Am I allowed to ask what a mentally ill person who cannot speak English was doing wandering into Canada out of an air port?

Just curious.

Maybe that could have avoided this accident and we wouldn't be talking about this in the first place.