Former Conservative candidate to run for Green Party

http://www.greenparty.ca/en/releases/29.10.2007b

OTTAWA – Green Party leader Elizabeth May announced yesterday on CTV’s Question Period that Gary Caldwell, a farmer, academic, municipal councilor and deputy mayor of Ste-Edwidge-de-Clifton, Quebec, will carry the Green banner in the Quebec riding of Compton–Stanstead.

Mr. Caldwell is a former two-time Conservative candidate. In the 2006 election, he was one of 68 candidates asked by the Conservative party to participate in an ad financing scheme where central money was transferred to local campaigns, only to be immediately redirected to national advertising efforts. Only Mr. Caldwell and one other candidate accepted Elections Canada’s ruling that the national advertisements were not legitimate local campaign expenses. His return was resubmitted to reflect only legitimate expenses and was accepted by Elections Canada.

(continued in link)

I have a biased opinion so it shouldn't be posted here in all fairness as all of you know my view by now.

What my goal is trying to increase the total GREEN vote numbers across Canada and the continued move towards proportional representation.

The conservatives started this by their blatant attack on their web page attacking the GREENS call to legalize cannabis.

We will be stealing hundreds of thousands of conservative votes and actually yes I do see us winning seats!

I am polling second here in my riding as many ndp have quit and joined as well as many,many conservatives.

Some people have longer attention spans and are smart and care about Canada above party politics.

Edited by shavluk

Some people have longer attention spans and are smart and care about Canada above party politics.
Though cannabis diminishes the quality and quantity of concentration and attention. I would not want someone high on cannabis flying my plane or driving me.

Though cannabis diminishes the quality and quantity of concentration and attention. I would not want someone high on cannabis flying my plane or driving me.

My best man was the chief pilot of a Canadian Airline Company and was a full blown alcoholic!!

Sugar is the worst drug and only ignorance keeps cannabis illegal.

We are not about the proliferation of drugs.

Far from it.

The drugs are already there.

Its about providing a safe supply and removing billions of gun enabling cash from reaching criminals.

33% (harper) and those like him will never vote for us.

We know that as they also would close the borders ,stop same sex marriage and end abortions.

I am on the winning side not the bully side.

Watch us !

My best man was the chief pilot of a Canadian Airline Company and was a full blown alcoholic!!

Far from it.

Its about providing a safe supply and removing billions of gun enabling cash from reaching criminals.

We know that as they also would close the borders ,stop same sex marriage and end abortions.

Watch us !

TIN FOIL HAT

Far from it.

Watch us !

Good luck to you....but don't quit your day job.

Far from it.

Watch us !

IF the Green party really wants to legalize pot, they will have to wait until the baby boomers and their parents are dead because it can't going to happen!