Dumbledore's Gay

kengs333

This is so sad and disturbing. So basically JKR creates a series of books that gets children hooked and then in then end slams them with a revelation that one of the characters is gay, thus forcing young--some very young--children to accept notions of sexual deviance that they shouldn't have to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7...000/7054074.stm

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so sad and disturbing. So basically JKR creates a series of books that gets children hooked and then in then end slams them with a revelation that one of the characters is gay, thus forcing young--some very young--children to accept notions of sexual deviance that they shouldn't have to.

First of all the work is fiction. As was "The Da Vinci Code" that so many got up in arms about. And furthermore so some guy's gay. It's a reality in today's world.

Guest American Woman

What you refer to as sexual deviance is actually sexual reality.

So is pedophilia, but that doesn't make it normal, and it doesn't mean we should assault kids with it.

First of all it's only your opinion that it's not "normal". Many would disagree with you. And one character is hardly "assaulting kids".

Didn't two gay Ontario politicians just get married? Are we supposed to keep that from kids?

Let's not confuse legality with legitimacy. There are a lot of things that are legal that some people object to - abortion, birth control, divorce, tobacco, alcohol, homosexuality. But we can't hide from them. They are real.

Some of you on this board are so sad. Not surprisingly unfortunately.

I think it's a positive plot shift, young children reading and asking their PARENTS questions on homosexuality is how I prefer children learn about SEX. Homosexuality is a reconized life style in Canada and deserves representation in litercy.

Oh, is that what it leads to? Children posing thoughful questions to their parents? Hardly. Instilling children with negative, self-destructive, morally corrupt attitudes at a young age is what evil is all about. The Nazis used it effectively, and sexual deviance rights groups have done so as well. Can we not have a society where children can grow up INNOCENT????

For what, disliking immorality and sexual deviance????

Whats immoral? There are gay people in this world, accept it. Who cares if a fictional person is declared gay? In fact lets go a step further, who cares if someone is really gay? We teach in schools that its not acceptable to denegrate someone because of their race, as we do with sexual orientation. The idea that there is some conspiracy to gain acceptance for gays by declaring a fictional character says a lot about your credibilty, or lack thereof.

Ok, here is the truth, the fact that Rowlings says a character is gay is not an attempt to make you or yours gay.

Get over it.

and why drag pedophelia in to the discussion? Another half assed attempt to link the two I'm afraid.

who cares if dumbledore is gay?

Great books, good story, good movies.

My kiddo started reading 'em when she was younger from the 1st book, through to the last, all those yrs later.

BTW: we live in a neighbourhood, with at one time two 'gay' couples, 2 males and 2 females.

Wow, if kids don't read it in a book, it's real-life, so what?

and furthermore, the 'gay' couples in the neighbourhood, hasn't ruined my marriage, nor influenced my kid in a negative way.

Much ado over nothing, IMO.

First of all it's only your opinion that it's not "normal". Many would disagree with you. And one character is hardly "assaulting kids".

One character still infuses the who story with a pro-sexual deviance undertone, is enough to misguide and corrupt children.

As for "many would disagree with you," well, let's say when it comes to sexual deviance it doesn't come down to what the majority thinks, but what is right and wrong. What's right and wrong is absolute, whether you care to admit it or not. If a large percentage or even the majority of people in Canada felt that pedophelia is normal, would you therefore feel that there no reason whay it can't be considered normal? The reality is--as sick and disgusting as it is--that many people in Canada do feel that it is normal. It was common place in the ancient world, ancient Greece and Rome, the foundations of our modern democracy, is practiced in many countries throughout the world. By your criteria this mankes it normal. But morally, of course, it is not.

Whats immoral? There are gay people in this world, accept it. Who cares if a fictional person is declared gay? In fact lets go a step further, who cares if someone is really gay? We teach in schools that its not acceptable to denegrate someone because of their race, as we do with sexual orientation. The idea that there is some conspiracy to gain acceptance for gays by declaring a fictional character says a lot about your credibilty, or lack thereof.

Oh, I see, is that how it's supposed to be? So when someone is a sexual deviant it's just "who cares" or just "accept it". There's no right or wrong in you opinion anymore?

Ok, here is the truth, the fact that Rowlings says a character is gay is not an attempt to make you or yours gay.

It isn't? Normalizing homosexual behaviour hasn't led to its increased frequency?

Get over it.

I suppose it is easier to give into something than to stand up for what is right. You're a perfect example.

and why drag pedophelia in to the discussion? Another half assed attempt to link the two I'm afraid.

Because it's sexually deviant behaviour and has perfect relevance to the discussion. The two are closely linked. Many pedophile are homosexuals.

Sorry but I don't consider homosexuality to be immoral or deviant.

Pedophilia is a crime in Canada, being a homosexual is not.

That's because that's what you've been conditioned to believe by persistant propagandization by the "gay rights" movement. Homosexuality used to be a crime, but that was changed because of pressure from gay rights groups, among other things. That's the one sure way of reducing crime rates; if too many people become involved in a form of crime, make the laws more lenient or get rid of them altogether. It's the same approach that the people who want to decriminalize marijuana take, and likely will be the same one that pedophiles will take eventually as well.

Because it's sexually deviant behaviour and has perfect relevance to the discussion. The two are closely linked. Many pedophile are homosexuals.

Many pedophiles are heterosexuals. Does that make heterosexuality deviant sexual behaviour? The flaws in your thinking are gigantic.

You think homosexuality is immoral. Fine. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. But let other people live their lives in peace. Some people think drinking alcohol is immoral. Does that mean all references to alcohol should be removed from books, television, etc.?

Homosexuality is a fact of life and it has a perfectly acceptable place in literature. Trying to hide from reality is ridiculous. As is thinking that reading that a character is gay will somehow turn children everywhere into homosexuals.

As for protecting the innocence of children... the characters faced tough situations, including the deaths of several main characters, throughout the books. "Protecting children's innocence" does not mean that we place our children in a bubble until they are 18.

Homosexuality used to be a crime, but that was changed because of pressure from gay rights groups, among other things.

Homosexuality used to be a crime because of homophobes like you. Full stop.

Homosexuality isn't a crime anymore because, well, it shouldn't be a crime for people to be themselves. Thank God we've become more enlightened and aren't afraid of the gay boogeyman, well most of us anyway.

Homosexuality used to be a crime, but that was changed because of pressure from gay rights groups, among other things.

So homosexuality is wrong because it used to be a crime? Is allowing women to vote wrong because it used to be that only men could vote? Your argument here is flawed.

It's the same approach that the people who want to decriminalize marijuana take, and likely will be the same one that pedophiles will take eventually as well.

Doubtful. There are more acts of theft in Canada than pedophilia. Does that mean theft is about to become legal?

That's because that's what you've been conditioned to believe by persistant propagandization by the "gay rights" movement. Homosexuality used to be a crime, but that was changed because of pressure from gay rights groups, among other things. That's the one sure way of reducing crime rates; if too many people become involved in a form of crime, make the laws more lenient or get rid of them altogether. It's the same approach that the people who want to decriminalize marijuana take, and likely will be the same one that pedophiles will take eventually as well.

I was raised in a devoted religious enviroment, my family lived and breathed the doctorine of homosexuality was evil. My father hated blacks and thought Gays were the devil himself. Because of his bigoted fears I questioned his beliefs, later in life so did he. He came to believe that the color of one's skin was not an issue the person within that skin was the issue. He befriended and groomed a gay male to replace him when he retired. I was not conditioned to believe in gay rights, I watched men I worked with die from aides. I don't care who has sex with whom, I care about the person.

Pedophilia will never be acceptable, ever-- they are preditors of children. Homosexuals have consenting sex with consenting partners. Comparing pedophila with homosexuality is a fear tactic that isn't going to work on conservatives that straddle the center line.

The old hardcore NeoCons aren't representive of the new Conservative movement. That's why they are so bitter. Harper ( I still don't like him) isn't going to ban abortion or make homosexuality illigal to appease those that want to go back to the 19 hundreds in rural England because their religion hasn't evolved enough for tolerance.

These bigots have much in common with Wahhabi Islam, one kills homosexuals the other would like to. The line of demarcation is non-existant. How's that for Irony????????????

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books and I won't - solely because I'm not interested in witches and hobgoblins. I wouldn't know Dumbledore if I met him on the street. The only thing I'm glad about is that the author decided he is gay rather than, for example, a Muslim that might cause some adverse comment.

Edited by maldon_road

Many pedophiles are heterosexuals. Does that make heterosexuality deviant sexual behaviour? The flaws in your thinking are gigantic.

You think homosexuality is immoral. Fine. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. But let other people live their lives in peace. Some people think drinking alcohol is immoral. Does that mean all references to alcohol should be removed from books, television, etc.?

Homosexuality is a fact of life and it has a perfectly acceptable place in literature. Trying to hide from reality is ridiculous. As is thinking that reading that a character is gay will somehow turn children everywhere into homosexuals.

As for protecting the innocence of children... the characters faced tough situations, including the deaths of several main characters, throughout the books. "Protecting children's innocence" does not mean that we place our children in a bubble until they are 18.

I enjoyed your post bk and agree. I would amend your first sentence to read "Most pedophiles are heterosexuals."

We must not keep our children in a bubble as they would be ill equipped to make it on their own in the real world.

Oh, is that what it leads to? Children posing thoughful questions to their parents? Hardly. Instilling children with negative, self-destructive, morally corrupt attitudes at a young age is what evil is all about. The Nazis used it effectively, and sexual deviance rights groups have done so as well. Can we not have a society where children can grow up INNOCENT????

kengs, speaking of children posing questions, ask yourself this question. What would I do if my child confessed to me that he/she is homosexual? What would be your reaction?