My Vision Of Canada

Here is my vision of what Canada should be guided by in the 21st century.

I would say that we need to look at our past, and ask ourselves what we did right, and what we did wrong.

-On the family, our society should be based on the nuclear family, and it should be seen as the building block of any nation. A family unit is where the next generation gets their values, and work ethic, in order to be successful in the future. In order to protect the family, and for the family unit to be successful the following should be put in place.

* a 3000$ tax break for every child born

* we should keep the family as a unit between a man and woman and nothing else, we should restrict adoption to heterosexual couples. This is not based on bigotry but on the fact that a child needs a female and male influence in their life, and this would provide a positive home life.

We as a society should value human life, and should also value responsibility, and encourage responsible and healthy lifestyles in society.

* make physical fitness a core subject in schools, forcing students to be as physically fit as possible.

* encourage competitive sports among children, I did not play any sports, however I now am doing alot of jogging, and working out.

*We should not legalize any drugs, and we should also fund programs to help prevent drug use by students.

* On gay rights, we should allow gays to do their thing, however we should not put sexual orientation in the charter, and we should get rid of gay positive programs, due to the fact that they create hostility towards religous groups.

Our freedoms are necessary for this country to prosper, however measures must be enacted to protect our freedoms from special interest groups.

* we must enact bills, and laws, which would do away with human rights commissions, who are turning into a thought police. Christians have recently been discriminated against, for their beliefs on homosexuality this is unacceptable. No matter what your religous beliefs, you should be protected under law. So far, feminists, multiculturalists, and gay rights activists have done whatever they can to make politically incorrect views illegal.

Democracy must prevail in Canada, however the decision making has been taken away from elected representatives, and the courts are making decisions on social issues this must stop.

* Canada should make major democratic reforms which would see the house of commons make decisions on social issues, not the courts, and human rights commissions.

* The senate should be elected, the seat distribution should be as follows

40-west

40-central

20-Atlantic

The reason behind this is that if the west and central Canada ever disagree on an issue, atlantic canada would be the ones to make the final decision, and could also act as a peacemaker.

* We must allow democracy, and debate on all issues. For example

-if Larry Spencer believes that homosexual relations should be illegal, allow him to make his case to the people of Canada, and he should be free to do this without being called a bigot or homophobe. And the people of Canada should make a decision based on what they think is right for the country. The same would go for Svend Robinson, let him speak his mind, and let the people make a decision.

Canada should protect our enviroment, in order to do this we should start to have larger areas where the natural enviroment is protected, we should keep this countries natural beauty.

Fiscal Issues

We should have alot of fiscal responsibility in government. We should have smaller government, and let people take control of their own affairs economically. At the same time the government should protect small businesses from large corporations who are trying destroy small businesses. In my community we had alot of small community businesses, however wal mart came in, and most of their businesses began to shut down. We should tax foriegn corporations who come into this country and build stores.

Feel free to put your vision of Canada as well. I will probably add on to my vision of Canada. Recently I have been visiting Howard Dean's site, its seems that he moved more to the left since he first became a candidate. Howard Dean I believe would have had a great vision of America, however he started to pander to more leftist groups along the way.

-On the family, our society should be based on the nuclear family, and it should be seen as the building block of any nation.

A nation has no right to impose on the type of family unit of its people. It should be an individual [family] choice, not one dictated by any outside party. I don't personally have a view on which system is better, as both have their merits and detracting points.

I do agree on a per-head tax break in addition to existing tax benefits for having children, because population growth is going to be one of the most important factors in the future of this country. And I'm not against immigration, but I'd rather have a home-grown population than a mostly immigrant one.

* we should keep the family as a unit between a man and woman and nothing else, we should restrict adoption to heterosexual couples. This is not based on bigotry but on the fact that a child needs a female and male influence in their life, and this would provide a positive home life.

An interesting point, but not necessarily valid. Do children who grow up in one-parent families end up severely messed because of the missing element? There is no reason to believe that normal family roles cannot exist in a family with gay parents. I'd rather not prohibit gays from having families, because while I don't believe in extra rights and privileges for minority groups, equal rights are fine.

Political correctness HAS been taken too far, but being politically incorrect also has its risks. Most things that are considered politically incorrect border on bigotry. Having your own opinion is fine, but if you use these views to insult a group or to try to minimize their rights, you find yourself alot closer to Nazism than you might be comfortable with.

The reason political correctness has taken such a firm hold is that minority groups cannot seem to differentiate between a simple opinion, and ulteriorly motivated comments. So they simply complain about every comment, which makes it very difficult to even have a simple discussion on the subject.

okay

-make physical fitness a core subject in school

Here is my ptoblem with that, people don't start getting fat in grade 11 when P.E is no longer mandatory. Plus in P.E 8,9, and 10 you get stuck with peopel who don't want to be there, who don't try and who do not get any exercise becuase it is not there thing. The fact is by grade 11 peopel are already fat and morbidly obese. Now yes alot of people like the Idea and due to this government officials may implement it, becuase it will buy them votes just like the Gun registry bough the liberals votes. The fact is not only would you ahve to make P.E mandatory, you woudl have to make puttign in a solid effort mandatory...and that is something you can't enforce.

Your better off, in elementry school starting grade 1, encorportating health and fitness into science, jsut teach kids soem information when they are at a young age. Continue to increase the informaiton beign given to kids all the way ot grade 7. When they go to high school...instead of sticking an exacto knife in a Cows eye. have a 2 week health and fitness lesson in Science and continue to do this until grade 10. The least we can do is equip children with knowledge, the most we can expect is that they will do soemthing with this knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

other then that I agree with all of you points in whole or in part.

I agree with Slavik44. You must start at a younger age. To put into example: The Hitler Youth were among the most well trained group of people when the war ended, they were some of the last strongholds of the war in 1945. Hitler's idea was to train the youth of Germany into believing in the Nazi way of thinking and to start them off at a younger age. They would go through training in military operation, Nazi party objectives and other Nazi related education. By the end of the war, all of the children that were in the youth movement in the 30's were put into service and fought with vengeance, because of their prior education this is what they believed and fought for it.

Now I'm not saying that we go to the lengths of Hitler, but starting at a younger age, and implementing positive beliefs is something that can make our children better. There is also the point of educating families to educate their children into having a positive mind set and encouraging, for example, physical active lifestyles. Having a parent encourage that, would also re-enforce the schooling that they would receive.

In Saskatchewan, there is a unit in phys ed/health classes, from grade 10 on, where the students have to research, formulate, then execute an "action plan". This can take the form of almost any physical activity (weighlifting, running, swimming, team sports, etc). The idea is to have students get used to an active lifestyle early.

Problem is, these phys ed/health combo classes are only required up to grade 10, so students only have to do one year with the action plan. Many of the target students, the obese or potentially obese, simply don't do the execution part of it, take their lower mark, and don't care.

How do you make students care? How do you make people in general WANT to live a healthier life? Young people don't really care about living longer, they think they'll live forever. Even if they think they're overweight or not healthy, many are too self-consious to do something about it.

So the way I see it, mandatory phys ed is a step in the right direction, but as slavik points out, you can't make people give a solid effort.

I agree with Slavik44. You must start at a younger age. To put into example: The Hitler Youth were among the most well trained group of people when the war ended, they were some of the last strongholds of the war in 1945.

So what do you want, should children start goose stepping in kindergarten?

One goes to school to develop their brain not their brawn. Or do you want your child to be dumb like Hitler Youth, not even knowing when to give up?

Show them all the sports and they will naturally pursue the one they have a talent for, but don't force them to participate if they don't.

Let them compete with others in their own way, i.e. by using their brain to even the score with the jocks brawn.

Did you ever see a jock genius?

Didn't think so. Thus I rest my case!

One goes to school to develop their brain not their brawn.

I disagree with Galahad. School is not just about developing the brain, school is about preparing children for the rest of their lives. And while I don't expect all kids to be Olympic contenders, I see no reason why every young person cannot live an active life.

Wouldn't want our geniuses dying at 45 of a heart attack, would we?

I disagree with Galahad. School is not just about developing the brain, school is about preparing children for the rest of their lives. And while I don't expect all kids to be Olympic contenders, I see no reason why every young person cannot live an active life.

Wouldn't want our geniuses dying at 45 of a heart attack, would we?

Smart people KNOW about the great benefits of aerobic exercize.

And the rest? Most will live to 65 just by not overeating and the exercize they get from performing menial jobs.

And after retirement I don't see ANY reason why we should worry about whether they live or die.

They're quite useless by this time, don't you think?

I'll be sure to let your caretakers know when you get old and useless that you no longer see any point in living.

And because smart people know about aerobic exercise, I guess they just don't care... no jock geniuses, you know.

Let the stupid ones be incited by their caretakers into exercise, I have no problem with that....they can horsewhip them if they have to.

But, like Scrooge said ... "If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population!"

Smart people DO do aerobics! Six hours of powerwalking a week will do it. That doesn't exactly give you "jock" status, but you will be aerobically fit as a fiddle.

okay so of you peopel are really goign overboard here....

What you are all missing is...

THE TARGET GROUP WAS FAT BEFORE GRADE 11 WHEN P.E IS NO LONGER MANDATORY. I NEVER SAID GET LITTLE GRADE 1 KIDS TO START DOING CURLS FOR THE GURLS, BUT TO EDUCATE THEM ON THE BASICS OF NUTRITION AS A PART OF SCIENCE AND CONTINUE TO DO THIS, ALL THE WAY TO GRADE 10...AND IF POSSIBLE ALL THE WAY THROUGH GRADE 12. MAKING P.E MANDATORY FOR GRADE 11 AND GRADE 12 DOES NOTHIGN BECUASE P.E IS MANDATORY IN K-10 AND KIDS STILL GET FAT. YOUR PLAN IS FLAWED FROM THE START MAKING IT UTTERLY REIDICULOUS AND JSUT ANOTHER FIALURE BEFORE IT STARTS.

THE BEST WAY TO WIN A WAR IS TO ROB YOUR ENEMY OF SUPPLIES, SO EDUCATE KIDS, TEAHC THEM FITNESS BASICS SO THE DON'T GET FAT INT HE FIRST PLACE.

FOR INSTANCE GALAHAD:

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW EDUCATING KIDS ABOUT HEALTH AND FITNESS IS NOT DEVELOPING THERE BRAIN. THERE IS ALREADY P.E IN GRADES K-10...SO WHY NOT MAKE IT MORE EFFECTIVE BY TEACHIGN KIDS ABOUT NUTRION.

YOU ALSO HAVE THE AUDACITY AND IGNORANCE TO COMPARE TEAHCIGN KIDS ABOUT HEALTH AND FITNESS TO HITLER'S YOUTH, NOT SO MUCH IN HOW WE CAN USE TEACHIGN KIDS AOBUT THE IMPORTANCE OF FITNESS AT A YOUNG AGE, BUT HOW WE WOULD MAKE ARE KIDS DUMB BY EDUCATING THEM.

YOU GUYS ALSO SAY MAKIGN P.E MANDATORY IS A STEP INT HE RIGHT DIRECTION, THE PROBLEM IS IT ALREADY IS..YOUR MISSIGN THE POINT IT IS MANDATORY FORM GRADES K-10, SO ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING IT MANDATORY IN GRADES 11 AND 12...LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING...I HONESTLY HAVE NOT NOTICTED PEOPLE STOP TAKING P.E IN GRADE 10 AND GET FAT IN GRADE 11 AND 12, MENAING WE SHOULD EDUCATE KIDS FOR LIFE.

YOU GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE HAS FOOD FOR A DAY, YOU TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE HAS FOOD FOR LIFE.

LET'S TEACH THEM AND EMPOWER THEM WITH KNOWLEDGE NOT TREAT THEM LIEK LITTLE MINIONS ENFORCING A COURSE LIKE P.E IN 2 MORE GRADES.

YOU ALSO SHOW YOUR INGNORANCE BY SAYING HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A SMART JOCK.

1) TEACHING KIDS ABOUT HELATH AND FITNESS DOES NOT MAKE THEM A JOCK.

2)YES I HAVE, MAYBE YOU DON'T PERCIEVE ME AS SMART BUT I AM REGULARLY AT THE TOP OF MY CLASSES IN MARKS, MY OLDER BORTHER WOUDL HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED A JOCK AS WELL AND HE GOT STRAIGHT A'S AS WELL.

trying to prevent gays from having normal familes has nothign to do with with wanting a better canada. its just conforming to some preconceived notion of religious or "traditional" thinking. nobody ever questions where this whole idea of gays being less functional then heteros came from, and whether its valid.

if you really wanted a better canada, you would want people to live happy and safe lives in any form. the object should be to maximize happiness and contentment. by letting some gay guys in toronto get married, no quality of life is lost in alberta, there is no reason to disallow it. live and let live.

I just hope Martin has the brains to raise our military capability to the level that would be expected of a supposed world-leader such as Canada. As much as peace is desirable, I would like a military that would hold out for longer than an hour in case of an unlikely invasion.

And where the hell are those helicopters we've been promised for 10 years.