Unmitigated Slaugher in Congo - World Condemns Israel

jbg

This Board and the world at large show great concern and weeping for the "victims" of Israeli racism and retaliation. In the active topics of the International Politics>Rest of the World Thread grouping there are these two multipage threads opened in last two weeks alone:

1. Current Knesset is the most racist in Israeli history
  2. Israel continues to spit in the face of international law

But when is someone going to help, for humanitarian reasons those truly desparate people in the Congo (link)? Excerpts below:

Fleeing Rebels Kill Hundreds of Congolese

March 27, 2010

Fleeing Rebels Kill Hundreds of Congolese

By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN

TAPILI, Congo - Depleted by an American-backed offensive and seemingly desperate for new conscripts, the Lord's Resistance Army, one of the most infamous armed groups in Africa, has killed hundreds of villagers in this remote corner of Congo and kidnapped hundreds more, marching them off in a vast human chain, witnesses say.

The massacre and abductions are a major setback to the effort to stamp out the remnants of the group, a primarily Ugandan rebel force that fielded thousands of soldiers in the 1980s and '90s. But in recent years it has degenerated into a band of several hundred predators living deep in the bush in Congo, Sudan and the Central African Republic with child brides and military-grade weaponry.

They also kidnapped nurses from hospitals, witnesses said, and stripped blood-splattered clothes off corpses for themselves, a sign they are increasingly desperate.

Human Rights Watch, which sent a team to investigate the killings in February, said the L.R.A. killed at least 320 people in this area, calling the massacre one of the worst in the group's 23-year, atrocity-filled history.

Witnesses said that the number of dead could be several hundred more, and that most victims had been taken from their villages, tied at the waist and forced into the jungle, often with enormous loads of looted food balanced on their heads. Along the way, fighters randomly selected captives to kill, usually by an ax blow to the back of the head.

"They only scream once," said Jean-Claude Singbatile, a high school student who said that he spent 14 days in captivity and witnessed dozens of killings.

And there is lots of urgency about criticizing Netanyahu, granted. But what about someone taking up the cudgels for these victims?

Naomi..........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...no "Jew bashing fun" in that. SubSaharan Africans can rot by the millions as far as they are concerned.

Of course, while I don't carry a flag for Pik Botha, the apartheidists were not nearly as brutal as these people are. And where are the campus rallies?

Sorry...no "Jew bashing fun" in that. SubSaharan Africans can rot by the millions as far as they are concerned.

well... it's clear your lack of interest/concern draws from your total preoccupation with championing the cause against the fabricated egregious injustices perpetrated upon Coulter.

This Board and the world at large show great concern and weeping for the "victims" of Israeli racism and retaliation. In the active topics of the International Politics>Rest of the World Thread grouping there are these two multipage threads opened in last two weeks alone

But when is someone going to help, for humanitarian reasons those truly desparate people in the Congo (link)?

And there is lots of urgency about criticizing Netanyahu, granted. But what about someone taking up the cudgels for these victims?

Naomi..........

interesting tact! So... because someone chooses to challenge/criticize Israel, yet may not rise to the occasion of another of the world's injustices, that person has no right or legitimacy in challenging or criticizing Israel?

interesting tact! So... because someone chooses to challenge/criticize Israel, yet may not rise to the occasion of another of the world's injustices, that person has no right or legitimacy in challenging or criticizing Israel?

No but it shows that the person in question has an agenda. They are criticizing Israel not out of concern for the alleged suffering of people that Israel supposedly mistreats, but because they have an axe to grind with Israel. If their motivation was to condemn and expose nations and organizations that commit terrible crimes, then examples like the Congo should be much higher on their list. Knowing that a person has this type of biased agenda instantly casts a shadow on their arguments and statements. It does not automatically invalidate their statements, but it certainly discourages one from taking them at face value.

Edited by Bonam

well... it's clear your lack of interest/concern draws from your total preoccupation with championing the cause against the fabricated egregious injustices perpetrated upon Coulter.

...and your interests are focused on saving the poor starving bastards by arresting "global warming"....LOL!

No one here is supporting or excusing Lord's Resistance Army's slaughter in Congo. Unfortunately, some here support Israel's discriminating and illegal actions against the Palestinians. There is a difference.

And JBG: What is your excuse for never posting about the hardship in Africa, yet having numerous anti-Muslim threads?

No but it shows that the person in question has an agenda. They are criticizing Israel not out of concern for the alleged suffering of people that Israel supposedly mistreats, but because they have an axe to grind with Israel. If their motivation was to condemn and expose nations and organizations that commit terrible crimes, then examples like the Congo should be much higher on their list. Knowing that a person has this type of biased agenda instantly casts a shadow on their arguments and statements. It does not automatically invalidate their statements, but it certainly discourages one from taking them at face value.

or... their motivation is to condemn and expose a single nation for the alleged suffering of people supposedly mistreated. It's a ridiculous assertion that there should be some type of equal rationing... some form of quota maintenance on the distribution of one's motivation and application therein. I did a quick cursory review of thread titles in this 'Rest of the World' forum from it's inception - apparently, as I can tell from titles, this is the first thread that speaks to "a slaughter in the Congo"... and, of course, it's not even being raised over actual concerns for those being "slaughtered in the Congo". Where's the raised concerns for the Congo from every other MLW member? Clearly, the singled out MLW member has rankled a few and has probably realized an intended result.

...and your interests are focused on saving the poor starving bastards by arresting "global warming"....LOL!

I see you have your hate phasor on high tonight, hey? Yup, your Jew bashers desire Congolese to rot... by the millions, you say! Whatever my interests, I certainly would never suggest the need for you to diversify your hatred across a multi-thread portfolio. In fact... it's a rather moot point since you already do that anyway.

or... their motivation is to condemn and expose a single nation for the alleged suffering of people supposedly mistreated.

Right, but why are they motivated to do so? Why is their concern entirely with the supposed misdeeds of one specific nation, and not the misdeeds of so many other nations? They may claim that it is because no one would bother defending the deeds of other nations (as dub/naomi does above), but that is not the case, there are many nations whose misdeeds are a source of some debate, whether it is, say, China, or Turkey (in regards to the Armenian genocide) or even Canada and the US (in regards to treatment of natives), or many others.

The fact is, certain posters have an almost exclusive anti-Israeli agenda, as that is the topic of almost all their posts. That indicates that they have an agenda, a bias, you could even call it an obsession. And that certainly colors their statements.

Right, but why are they motivated to do so? Why is their concern entirely with the supposed misdeeds of one specific nation, and not the misdeeds of so many other nations? They may claim that it is because no one would bother defending the deeds of other nations (as dub/naomi does above), but that is not the case, there are many nations whose misdeeds are a source of some debate, whether it is, say, China, or Turkey (in regards to the Armenian genocide) or even Canada and the US (in regards to treatment of natives), or many others.

The fact is, certain posters have an almost exclusive anti-Israeli agenda, as that is the topic of almost all their posts. That indicates that they have an agenda, a bias, you could even call it an obsession. And that certainly colors their statements.

to challenge on the merits of exclusivity of interest? What's the remedy for perceived coloured statements in the face of a perceived biased agenda? To me this OP reeks of an attempt to marginalize the targeted MLW member.

to challenge on the merits of exclusivity of interest? What's the remedy for perceived coloured statements in the face of a perceived biased agenda? To me this OP reeks of an attempt to marginalize the targeted MLW member.

And the problem with that is? You certainly have no qualms about attempting to "marginalize" certain other MLW members, who you routinely call "morons", "idiots", "deniers" and other derogatory descriptions, when discussing the topic of climate change.

And the problem with that is? You certainly have no qualms about attempting to "marginalize" certain other MLW members, who you routinely call "morons", "idiots", "deniers" and other derogatory descriptions, when discussing the topic of climate change.

is there a problem? ... and thanks for acknowledging that this thread's intent is to marginalize the targeted MLW member. As for your personalization, I'm quite comfortable in directing an occasional slag towards AGW climate change deniers... but really, not to derail this thread, you can't seriously infer the label "denier" is derogatory - right? It's simply a matter-of-fact classification

Oh yes.

Coulter has massacred lots of people. </sarcasm>

And JBG: What is your excuse for never posting about the hardship in Africa, yet having numerous anti-Muslim threads?

As you can see I just did post about Africa, and I'm sure I have.

I'm really focusing more on the obsessive anti-Israel agenda of the U.N., university professors, and mass media and not Naomi. I just thought she might have some good reasons to defend the selective, anti-Israel approach of these other groups.

Naomi..........

Oh yes.

Coulter has massacred lots of people. </sarcasm>

your premise was/is that certain persons on this board spend a disproportionate amount of their time... not... providing, in your estimation, a balanced presentation of their raised concerns towards locales across the world where injustices are being perpetrated. As your comparison reference point was Israel, that was followed up by the one-quip artist, Bush_Cheney, whose hate phasor targeted his described Jew bashers, who he claimed had a desire for Congolese to rot... by the millions, he said! Now, as the one-quip artist, Bush_Cheney, hasn't himself raised concerns for the Congolese, and chose to disparage another group, it was pointed out that the one-quip artist had, himself, been spending his time, disproportionately, "championing the cause against the fabricated egregious injustices perpetrated upon Coulter". Ergo, I agree with you directing your sarcasm towards Bush_Cheney... obviously the disproportionate amount of time Bush_Cheney spends advocating for Coulter does not fit with the degree of Coulter vs. Congolese massacre... at least on the physical level.

This Board and the world at large show great concern and weeping for the "victims" of Israeli racism and retaliation. In the active topics of the International Politics>Rest of the World Thread grouping there are these two multipage threads opened in last two weeks alone:

1. Current Knesset is the most racist in Israeli history
  2. Israel continues to spit in the face of international law

But when is someone going to help, for humanitarian reasons those truly desparate people in the Congo (link)? Excerpts below:

Naomi..........

It's really not that complicated to understand why people focus more on Israel than on the Lord's Resistance Army.

The LRA does not have a seat at the table of respectability. They do not get foreign aid from the US or Canada.

They also do not have an electronic army out there, propagating myths and half-truths on behalf of Israel.

They do not have a very strong effective voice in Canadian or US politics, lobbying on behalf of the LRA.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, in order for internet debate to work, you usually need someone to take the other side.

So, unless someone is going to pop up and defend the LRA, a debate isn't really going to work.

It's a pretty sure sign of guilt, when you have to point to a greater atrocity, in order to deflect blame from your own, hoping that it will get missed.

I'm really focusing more on the obsessive anti-Israel agenda of the U.N., university professors, and mass media and not Naomi. I just thought she might have some good reasons to defend the selective, anti-Israel approach of these other groups.

interesting... your first 2 words in your OP are "This board", you specifically target one MLW member and you link to threads initiated by that MLW member. You say nothing specific to the U.N., to university professors or to the mass media... in highlighting the 'Congolese slaughter', you assert there is a lack of humanitarian response concern to the plight of the Congolese. You offer suggestion that there is disproportionate critical attention towards Israel, critical attention that you suggest is out of balance in relation to your perceived lack of raised concerns for injustices being perpetrated across other parts of the world, in particular, the Congo.

now, whether intended or not (you now say, not) your OP resulted in immediate responses targeting the same MLW member you highlighted. I suggested you were attempting to marginalize the MLW member you highlighted... whether intended, or not, the result remains.

As you can see I just did post about Africa, and I'm sure I have.

Here are some posts where I've raised the African atrocities previously. Ther are definitely more.

1. http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=13487&st=0&p=393882entry393882
  2. http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=11034&st=0&p=300238entry300238
  3. http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=11026&view=findpost&p=299673 (thread, not just post)

interesting... your first 2 words in your OP are "This board", you specifically target one MLW member and you link to threads initiated by that MLW member. *********now, whether intended or not (you now say, not) your OP resulted in immediate responses targeting the same MLW member you highlighted. I suggested you were attempting to marginalize the MLW member you highlighted... whether intended, or not, the result remains.

Actually, Waldo, I was mentioning her more to draw a response on an issue of obvious concern to her. People will often write, if something concerns either law, Judaism or Canadian-American relations "we'd like JBG's input" or something to that effect. I intended nothing unconstructive.