Mexicans coming to Canada

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are caveats surrounding the catch all "we need immigrants"

There is a qualitative difference between say, a computer science graduate from Mumbai and a day laborer from Chiapet. Now it is understood that in the global race for competitiveness, we have to compete against cheao labour from places like Mexico and China, but competing Mexico doesn't mean we are forced to import cheap labour from mexico......

I think there are caveats surrounding the catch all "we need immigrants"

There is a qualitative difference between say, a computer science graduate from Mumbai and a day laborer from Chiapet. Now it is understood that in the global race for competitiveness, we have to compete against cheao labour from places like Mexico and China, but competing Mexico doesn't mean we are forced to import cheap labour from mexico......

If you had been following the thread (or just looked at the title), you would see why we are specifically referring to Mexicans.

Mexicans, even labourers are just as welcome to come to Canada, they have ever right that anyone should, they arent "trouble" thats a bigoted response by very small people with a myopic view of things.

If we need people with particular skills badly then we should be bringing more of them in ...

If you had been following the thread (or just looked at the title), you would see why we are specifically referring to Mexicans.

Mexicans, even labourers are just as welcome to come to Canada, they have ever right that anyone should, they arent "trouble" thats a bigoted response by very small people with a myopic view of things.

If we need people with particular skills badly then we should be bringing more of them in ...

Who says they are just as welcome? Yoiu may or may not be aware that when someone tries to immigrate here, we don't just let them in no questions asked....they have to fulfill certain requirements.

The mexicans in question are cue jumpers, people falsely claiming refugee status. In this case, they are not as welcome as others...they do not have every right as others and no, we are not in short supply of half literate labourers.....

Who says they are just as welcome? Yoiu may or may not be aware that when someone tries to immigrate here, we don't just let them in no questions asked....they have to fulfill certain requirements.

The mexicans in question are cue jumpers, people falsely claiming refugee status. In this case, they are not as welcome as others...they do not have every right as others and no, we are not in short supply of half literate labourers.....

Of course they are just as welcome as anyone, they need to go through a process like everyone but people are ultimately free to decide where they want to move to, bigotry and racism should never be part of our decision making process ...

Edited by Agaric

Some of the more right wing ppl here should be investigating this closer ...

noii-header-background-6.jpg

No One is Illegal-Vancouver is a grassroots anti-colonial immigrant and refugee rights collective with leadership from members of migrant and/or racialized backgrounds. Our collective is predominantly people of colour and women. We are an all-volunteer group; none of our organizers are paid.

The No One is Illegal campaign has two goals: to attain concrete victories for immigrants and refugees and to develop the communities’ own capacity to attain justice and dignity for themselves and their families. We strive and struggle for a world in which no one is forced to migrate against their will. We also strive and struggle for a world where people can move freely in order to live and flourish in justice and dignity.

http://noii-van.resist.ca/?page_id=15

You must wonder at the core values and intelligence of a group whose name implies that no immigrant or refugee is illegal when clearly 100's of illegal immigrants are deported legally every month.

First and foremost illigal immigration is a crime, the act steals a place from someone who is willing to play by the rules, legally. As well illegal immigrants often avoid the proper routes pricesly because they are underground individuals who must remain anonymous in orderto work in crime. They don't pay taxes yet they are a burden.

Illigals for the most part should be deported after they have either paid a fine or served time in jail.

You must wonder at the core values and intelligence of a group whose name implies that no immigrant or refugee is illegal when clearly 100's of illegal immigrants are deported legally every month.

First and foremost illigal immigration is a crime, the act steals a place from someone who is willing to play by the rules, legally. As well illegal immigrants often avoid the proper routes pricesly because they are underground individuals who must remain anonymous in orderto work in crime. They don't pay taxes yet they are a burden.

Illigals for the most part should be deported after they have either paid a fine or served time in jail.

If you lived in Mexico and could make 3 times the amount of money doing slave labour in the u.s. and u had a family and all u had to do was cross that border, u would do the same thing ...

BTW american businesses LOVE the illegal immigrant, they work like slaves, they cant complain and u can pay them shit for their work, they reason there are so many in southern u.s. is because ur businesses are beyond greedy and would love to pay average americans $2 an hour !

If you lived in Mexico and could make 3 times the amount of money doing slave labour in the u.s. and u had a family and all u had to do was cross that border, u would do the same thing ...

No I wouldn't...I would crash the Canadian border and live on welfare.

BTW american businesses LOVE the illegal immigrant, they work like slaves, they cant complain and u can pay them shit for their work, they reason there are so many in southern u.s. is because ur businesses are beyond greedy and would love to pay average americans $2 an hour !

But they keep on coming, don't they? They would trample you and your ideas about "greedy".

No I wouldn't...I would crash the Canadian border and live on welfare.

Ya, how horrible, we try to help those that need it, just terrible of us ... the reality is we should be doing ten times what we do already, which is ten times more then anything the u.s. does for ppl in need ...

But they keep on coming, don't they? They would trample you and your ideas about "greedy".

Like I said, your businesses encourage them, they want that slave labour, keep hiring ppl and they will keep coming, they want a better life then poverty in Mexico, you would do the same thing, they arent bad for doing it and quoting rules is like calling someone who steals bread because they are starving a worthless thief, it ignores the reality of the haves and the have nots ... in just shows the ignorance of some people and their inability to understand, empathize or care in any way for people other then themselves ...

Like I said, your businesses encourage them, they want that slave labour, keep hiring ppl and they will keep coming, they want a better life then poverty in Mexico, you would do the same thing, they arent bad for doing it and quoting rules is like calling someone who steals bread because they are starving a worthless thief, it ignores the reality of the haves and the have nots ... in just shows the ignorance of some people and their inability to understand, empathize or care in any way for people other then themselves ...

No, it directly addresses the issue of haves and have nots.....that communism thing never worked out, not even in China. A thief is a thief....choices must be made.

Oh, we care allright....care enough not to be played for suckers. A bad day in Mexico is still better than a good day in SubSaharan Africa. I invite millions of Mexicans to Canada in the spirit of multiculturalism...it will also get your minds off of Quebec and speaking French.

No, it directly addresses the issue of haves and have nots.....that communism thing never worked out, not even in China. A thief is a thief....choices must be made.

Oh, we care allright....care enough not to be played for suckers. A bad day in Mexico is still better than a good day in SubSaharan Africa. I invite millions of Mexicans to Canada in the spirit of multiculturalism...it will also get your minds off of Quebec and speaking French.

What are u talking about?

First i would be glad to have Mexicans immigrate here, im not a racist or a bigot like some other ppl here, I dont see them as a problem, they are human beings, with a different culture and language, so Fing what? Im not selfish, theres plenty to share here ...

Hahahaha, sort of like Barbara Bush telling ppl after Katrina that the poor in new orleans are better off because of the disaster *L*

So because Africa in ur mind is worse then Mexico then the Mexicans have no right to want a better life for themselves .... what does 2 + 2 equal in ur world?

Also I have no problem with Quebecers or speaking French, projecting more of ur bigotry I see ...

What are u talking about?

First i would be glad to have Mexicans immigrate here, im not a racist or a bigot like some other ppl here, I dont see them as a problem, they are human beings, with a different culture and language, so Fing what? Im not selfish, theres plenty to share here ...

Doesn't matter what you think about it.....and it won't be "sharing"....LOL!

Also I have no problem with Quebecers or speaking French, projecting more of ur bigotry I see ...

Neither do I...but now you must learn Spanish. Como se dice....

Doesn't matter what you think about it.....and it won't be "sharing"....LOL!

Neither do I...but now you must learn Spanish. Como se dice....

Maybe its part of the NAU, after all the three countries have to come under one doesn't? NO more Canada, US or Mexico, just one large unhappy continent , where the corporations pull all the strings

Maybe its part of the NAU, after all the three countries have to come under one doesn't? NO more Canada, US or Mexico, just one large unhappy continent , where the corporations pull all the strings

Wow, the conspiracy theories are flying thick and fast today. On another thread we have queenslave telling us the queen and her black rod are the puppetmasters and now we hear the corporations are in control behind the scenes. Oh well, I guess it's an improvement on the truthers, but only a slight one.

First i would be glad to have Mexicans immigrate here,

Could you elaborate on that a little? Do you mean legal or illegal? Do you mean all of them perhaps? I have zero problem with legal immigrants who meet the criteria for immigration, it's the illegals I have a problem with.

As I said earlier, why should those who choose to disregard our laws at the very onset be allowed the same privileges as those who follow the rules? Sure we can use the workers, but should we just allow anyone who wants to come wandering in and set up shop do so?

What of the criminals? Don't kid yourself into thinking that no such people exist within the illegal immigrant population. Should they be allowed to circumvent the rules and reside here? Bring in legal types who will contribute and benefit our society in various ways, certainly. Illegals, just give em a well placed boot in the arse and send them on their way.

. I've rarely seen a migrant worker here who wasn't working his tail off to support his family, why not invite them to come here to live and work permanently.

I agree to a small extent.

They are coming here to work the low paying labor jobs that we need them here to work. Many have already moved to Alberta.

What we need to do, is get the point system 'intellectuals' from Asia/South Asia out of our system. The family sponsorship from Jamaica, out of our system, and especially the refugees from Samolia and elsewhere abolished form our system.

I'd glady chose Christian Mexicans here to work our labor jobs over the latter.