GOD MADE MARRIAGE

fcgv

GOD MADE MARRIAGE

"And God created man to His own image: to the image of God He created him: male and female He created them. And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it.'" (Genesis 1:27-28)

Who made marriage?

God made marriage and the laws concerning marriage.

When did God make marriage?

When He created Adam and Eve.

Why did God make marriage?

For two purposes:

1. For bringing children into the world and rearing them...

2. For the mutual help of the husband and wife.

How do you know the first purpose of marriage is children?

The Bible says so:

"Increase and multiply." (Gen. 1:28) "I will therefore that the younger should marry, bear children, be mistresses of families." (1 Timothy 5:14)

Does not common sense show that the first purpose of marriage is children?

Yes, the very differences, both physical and mental, between man and woman show the first purpose of marriage to be the bringing of children into the world. A woman's body is made for the bearing and nursing of children; whereas, a man's body is stronger so that he can protect his family and give them food and shelter. A woman is kinder, more sympathetic, more emotional than man. She needs these qualities to care for and instruct her children.

How do you know that mutual love and help are the second purpose of marriage?

The Bible says so:

"And the Lord God said: It is not good for man to be alone: let us make him a help like unto himself... Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. And the Lord God build the rib which he took from Adam into a woman: and brought her to Adam." (Gen. 2:18, 21-22)

Does not common sense indicate this too?

Yes, common sense shows that men and women are incomplete without one another but find their physical and spiritual completion in marriage.

What is the purpose of sexual pleasure?

To attract husband and wife to have children and to foster love for each other.

Who are the only ones that may enjoy sexual pleasure?

Husband and wife who are validly married to each other.

"but I say to the unmarried, and to the widows: It is good for them if they so continue, even as I. But if they do not contain themselves, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to be burnt." (1 Corinthians 7:8-9)

How many wives did God create for Adam?

Only one wife; God wanted this marriage to be the model for all marriages -- one man and one woman.

"Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

How long does God intend husband and wife to stay together?

Until the death of one of the partners.

"A woman is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband die, she is at liberty: let her marry to whom she will; only in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 7:39)

Why does God command husband and wife to stay together until death?

Because the lifetime welfare of the children and of the married couple themselves requires that they be permanently united. Divine law requires the couple to stay together until death, even if they have no children. In special cases separation is permitted, but the bond of marriage remains.

What is a valid marriage?

A union that is a real marriage in the eyes of God and therefore can be broken only by death. No power on earth, therefore, can break a valid marriage.

"What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder." (Mark 10:9).

This includes the civil government.

What is an invalid marriage?

A union that was never a marriage in the eyes of God. A couple invalidly married must either separate or have the marriage made valid. Otherwise they are living in adultery or fornication.

"Neither fornicators... nor adulterers... shall possess the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

What is necessary for a valid marriage?

1. A single man and a single woman

2. Who are of age

3. Free to marry

4. Capable of sexual intercourse

5. Who intend to live together

6. Who intend to be faithful to each other until the death of one of them

7. Who intend to have a family

8. Who are in no other way prohibited by the law of God from marrying. For example, it is forbidden to marry close relatives, such as uncles, aunts, nieces or nephews.

Did God make these laws only for Catholics?

No, all human beings have to obey these laws. However, Catholics are also bound by Church laws. For example, a Catholic cannot marry validly except in the presence of a priest and two witnesses (unless there is a special dispensation from the local bishop for a particular case and that for a sufficiently grave reason).

Does the state have authority to change God's laws?

No. God's law comes before man's law. But the State can make laws requiring a license and registration, and concerning health, property rights, and so on, as long as these laws are not against God's laws.

Can men and women find real happiness in marriage?

Yes, if they follow God's plan for marriage.

"Happy is the husband of a good wife: for the number of his years is double. A virtuous woman rejoiceth her husband and shall fulfill the years of his life in peace. A good wife is a good portion, she shall be given in the portion of them that fear God, to a man for his good deeds. Rich or poor, if his heart is good, his countenance shall be cheerful at all times." (Ecclesiasticus 26:1-4)

What is the greatest source of happiness in marriage?

Raising children in the fear and love of God. Court records show fewer marriage breakups among couples with large families.

PRACTICAL POINTS:

All laws, both human and divine, are made for the good of society. Once in a while, a law will work a hardship on an individual, and this is sometimes true of God's laws on marriage. But you marry "for better or for worse." Therefore, if through no fault of yours, your married life is unhappy, or if your partner has left you, or if you find God's laws hard to observe, ask God for the strength to do His will; ask your crucified Savior for the courage to carry your cross. The Sacrament of Matrimony gives married people special graces to live their lives according to God's laws. In any case, God made no exceptions to His laws on marriage; to break them for any reason is a serious sin.

Do not try to judge whether your marriage or anybody else's is valid or invalid. That can be done only by one who is skilled in the knowledge of these laws. The priest who is instructing you will tell you whether your marriage is valid or not. An "annulment" is not the dissolving of an existing marriage, but rather a declaration that a real marriage never existed in the eyes of God on account of some dire defect or impediment that was present at the time the couple exchanged their vows. For example, if one of the two parties did not intend to enter a permanent union until death, no marriage would take place, despite the appearances. An annulment is more properly termed a "declaration of nullity."

Fr. C. Vaillancourt

LMAO.

Go tell your god there are people getting slaughtered in Africa, drug dealers and gangs are killing our youth in our streets, that the human sex trade is stealing young people from the streets across the globe to be sold into debauchery and that those things might be a bit more important to concern itself with than who is marrying who.

Good, now we can blame all the failed marriages on the guy with the big "G" on his sweatshirt.

Apostle:

Way to go Big G. You really f***ed up on that idea. Look at all the good little earth people pissing on the sanctity of marriage !! Cheaters, fornicators , abuse, all in your name and marriage!

Geez big G, you look like Fred Sanford , is there something wrong with your chest ?

Pssst...big G, men can marry men, and women can marry women down there on earth now.

>>>>>>>>>>THUNK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

GOD MADE MARRIAGE

"And God created man to His own image: to the image of God He created him: male and female He created them. And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it.'" (Genesis 1:27-28)

Who made marriage?

Well, one thing I can tell you... marriage is not even mentioned in the passage you quoted above.

That's something I've always gotten a real chuckle from ... God-lovers quoting non sequitur passages from the Bible. They do it all the time. It's like they can't read what the thing actuallly says.

Not in this country. Here our laws are made by Parliament and the provincial legislatures.

Have you got any source that supports that allegation? (Even within your religious game-rules.)

Why did God make marriage? ...

Oh, do please tell us what's in the mind of God! (If you want to be outrageously presumptuous.)

Common sense? I thought you said the Bible said that. Are you elevating mere human 'common sense' to a status equivalent with the HOLY WORD OF GOD???

A woman is kinder, more sympathetic, more emotional than man.

Sexism.

"And the Lord God said: It is not good for man to be alone: let us make him a help like unto himself... Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. And the Lord God build the rib which he took from Adam into a woman: and brought her to Adam." (Gen. 2:18, 21-22)

I see no mention of marriage in that passage.

"And the Lord God said: It is not good for man to be alone: let us make him a help like unto himself... Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. And the Lord God build the rib which he took from Adam into a woman: and brought her to Adam." (Gen. 2:18, 21-22

Aw crap !

You mean I spent all those hours going to bars and social events spending untolds on the off chance some honey would take me home for a bout of chesterfield rugby?

I could have just slept and had him make me one from an extra rib?

I should have got the memo.

Dear God

Hope you got the letter and...

I pray you can make it better down here

I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer

But all the people that you made in your image

See them starving on their feet

Cause they don't get enough to eat

From God

I can't believe in you

Dear God

Sorry to disturb you but...

I feel that I should be hear loud and clear

We all need a big reduction

In the amount of tears

And all the people that you made in your image

See them fighting in the street

Cause they can't make opinions meet about God

I can't believe in you

Did you make disease

and the diamond blue?

Did you make mankind

after we made you?

And the devil too?

Dear God,

Don't know if you noticed but...

Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book

And as crazy humans wrote it

you should take a look

And all the people that you made in your image

Still believeing that junk is true

Well I know it ain't and so do you, dear God

I can't believe in

I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell

no saints no sinners no devil as well

no pearly gate no thorny crown

you're always letting us humans down

the wars you bring

the babes you drown

those lost at sea and never found

and it's all the same the whole world round

the hurt I see helps to compound

That Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

is just somebody's unholy hoax

And if you're up there you'd perceive

That my heart's here upon my sleeve

If there's one thing I don't believe in...

It's you, dear God.

copyright XTC

GOD MADE MARRIAGE

Who made marriage?

Why did God make marriage?

For two purposes:

1. For bringing children into the world and rearing them...

2. For the mutual help of the husband and wife.

How do you know the first purpose of marriage is children?

The Bible says so:

"Increase and multiply." (Gen. 1:28) "I will therefore that the younger should marry, bear children, be mistresses of families." (1 Timothy 5:14)

Yes, the very differences, both physical and mental, between man and woman show the first purpose of marriage to be the bringing of children into the world. A woman's body is made for the bearing and nursing of children; whereas, a man's body is stronger so that he can protect his family and give them food and shelter. A woman is kinder, more sympathetic, more emotional than man. She needs these qualities to care for and instruct her children.

How do you know that mutual love and help are the second purpose of marriage?

The Bible says so:

Does not common sense indicate this too?

Yes, common sense shows that men and women are incomplete without one another but find their physical and spiritual completion in marriage.

What is the purpose of sexual pleasure?

To attract husband and wife to have children and to foster love for each other.

Who are the only ones that may enjoy sexual pleasure?

Husband and wife who are validly married to each other.

"but I say to the unmarried, and to the widows: It is good for them if they so continue, even as I. But if they do not contain themselves, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to be burnt." (1 Corinthians 7:8-9)

How many wives did God create for Adam?

Only one wife; God wanted this marriage to be the model for all marriages -- one man and one woman.

"Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

How long does God intend husband and wife to stay together?

Until the death of one of the partners.

"A woman is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband die, she is at liberty: let her marry to whom she will; only in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 7:39)

Why does God command husband and wife to stay together until death?

Because the lifetime welfare of the children and of the married couple themselves requires that they be permanently united. Divine law requires the couple to stay together until death, even if they have no children. In special cases separation is permitted, but the bond of marriage remains.

What is a valid marriage?

A union that is a real marriage in the eyes of God and therefore can be broken only by death. No power on earth, therefore, can break a valid marriage.

"What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder." (Mark 10:9).

This includes the civil government.

What is an invalid marriage?

A union that was never a marriage in the eyes of God. A couple invalidly married must either separate or have the marriage made valid. Otherwise they are living in adultery or fornication.

"Neither fornicators... nor adulterers... shall possess the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

What is necessary for a valid marriage?

1. A single man and a single woman

2. Who are of age

3. Free to marry

4. Capable of sexual intercourse

5. Who intend to live together

6. Who intend to be faithful to each other until the death of one of them

7. Who intend to have a family

8. Who are in no other way prohibited by the law of God from marrying. For example, it is forbidden to marry close relatives, such as uncles, aunts, nieces or nephews.

Did God make these laws only for Catholics?

No, all human beings have to obey these laws. However, Catholics are also bound by Church laws. For example, a Catholic cannot marry validly except in the presence of a priest and two witnesses (unless there is a special dispensation from the local bishop for a particular case and that for a sufficiently grave reason).

Does the state have authority to change God's laws?

No. God's law comes before man's law. But the State can make laws requiring a license and registration, and concerning health, property rights, and so on, as long as these laws are not against God's laws.

Can men and women find real happiness in marriage?

Yes, if they follow God's plan for marriage.

"Happy is the husband of a good wife: for the number of his years is double. A virtuous woman rejoiceth her husband and shall fulfill the years of his life in peace. A good wife is a good portion, she shall be given in the portion of them that fear God, to a man for his good deeds. Rich or poor, if his heart is good, his countenance shall be cheerful at all times." (Ecclesiasticus 26:1-4)

What is the greatest source of happiness in marriage?

Raising children in the fear and love of God. Court records show fewer marriage breakups among couples with large families.

PRACTICAL POINTS:

All laws, both human and divine, are made for the good of society. Once in a while, a law will work a hardship on an individual, and this is sometimes true of God's laws on marriage. But you marry "for better or for worse." Therefore, if through no fault of yours, your married life is unhappy, or if your partner has left you, or if you find God's laws hard to observe, ask God for the strength to do His will; ask your crucified Savior for the courage to carry your cross. The Sacrament of Matrimony gives married people special graces to live their lives according to God's laws. In any case, God made no exceptions to His laws on marriage; to break them for any reason is a serious sin.

Do not try to judge whether your marriage or anybody else's is valid or invalid. That can be done only by one who is skilled in the knowledge of these laws. The priest who is instructing you will tell you whether your marriage is valid or not. An "annulment" is not the dissolving of an existing marriage, but rather a declaration that a real marriage never existed in the eyes of God on account of some dire defect or impediment that was present at the time the couple exchanged their vows. For example, if one of the two parties did not intend to enter a permanent union until death, no marriage would take place, despite the appearances. An annulment is more properly termed a "declaration of nullity."

Fr. C. Vaillancourt

You're right. Just ignore them They've got nothing important to say. Everything they say comes from within themselves. That's THEIR god.

Quote:You're right. Just ignore them They've got nothing important to say. Everything they say comes from within themselves. That's THEIR god.

Indeed, they prefer to re-define the wheel, to promote immorality as the norm. They mock what they do not understand. They mock God because they are empty.

You're right. Just ignore them They've got nothing important to say. Everything they say comes from within themselves. That's THEIR god.

Versus what you are told in Sunday school ?

Exactly this type of proselytizing that gets flame responses.

Sunday school is a protestant term. :-) I'm Catholic.

Indeed, they prefer to re-define the wheel, to promote immorality as the norm. They mock what they do not understand. They mock God because they are empty.

Personally I mock god because I find it to be an illogical idea. Religion began as an explaination of the unknown and has evolved into a means to control the ignorant, uneducated, scared, and/or easily influenced populace. Oh ya and the church leaders found out they could get rich and at the same time find victims for the sicko pedophile priests aswell.

Versus what you are told in Sunday school ?

Exactly this type of proselytizing that gets flame responses.

I don't mind flames. It only means we're hitting nerves.

Speaking of nerves, are you feeling a little....nervous? LOL!

Do you accuse everyone who questions your biblical citations of 'mocking God'?

It seems to me that someone who knowingly misrepresents the Word of God by saying that a passage from the Bible says something it does not say is the one who really mocks God.

It seems to me that someone who purports to know the mind of God and puts his own common sense on a par with it is the one who really mocks God.

It seems to me that someone who knowingly misrepresents the Word of God by saying that a passage from the Bible says something it does not say is the one who really mocks God.

It seems to me that someone who purports to know the mind of God and puts his own common sense on a par with it is the one who really mocks God.

That is, as it were, my business, to represent and speak on behalf of the Church:-) And I am well versed in the Scriptures, which clearly you are not.

"And the Lord God said: It is not good for man to be alone: let us make him a help like unto himself... Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. And the Lord God build the rib which he took from Adam into a woman: and brought her to Adam." (Gen. 2:18, 21-22

Aw crap !

You mean I spent all those hours going to bars and social events spending untolds on the off chance some honey would take me home for a bout of chesterfield rugby?

I could have just slept and had him make me one from an extra rib?

I should have got the memo.

I am gonna rip out a rib tonight and lay it under my pillow. Suckers.

That is, as it were, my business, to represent and speak on behalf of the Church:-) And I am well versed in the Scriptures, which clearly you are not.

1. You being in the business of 'representing "the" Church' doesn't change one whit that you misrepresented the passages of Genesis. You claimed that god made marriage when he made Adam and Eve, and yet the passages you cited in support (Gen. 1:27-28, and Gen. 2:18, 21-22) say no such thing at all.

You made up a fake representation of the Word of God.

2. Your resort to denigrating my knowledge (when you can obviously know virtually nothing about that fact) does not improve your persuasiveness.

1. You being in the business of 'representing "the" Church' doesn't change one whit that you misrepresented the passages of Genesis. You claimed that god made marriage when he made Adam and Eve, and yet the passages you cited in support (Gen. 1:27-28, and Gen. 2:18, 21-22) say no such thing at all.

You made up a fake representation of the Word of God.

2. Your resort to denigrating my knowledge (when you can obviously know virtually nothing about that fact) does not improve your persuasiveness.

I am not trying to persuade you at all. You are incorrect in your exegesis. The Bible is NOT the Word of God, Jesus is the Word(logos)

Hammurabi's Law Code of Babylon (circa 1760 BC) gives many references to marriage. The Babylonians were polytheists.

This predates the Mosaic-God 'invention of marriage' by at least five centuries... notwithstanding the references to marriage in the Epic of Giligamesh (original circa 3300-3500 BC) - predating the first reference to any monotheist God by literally thousands of years.

I am not trying to persuade you at all. You are incorrect in your exegesis. The Bible is NOT the Word of God, Jesus is the Word(logos)

What then is the bible, in your rubric, and how does this make it amenable to being misrepresented as you did?

The bible s the written part of tradition, and is the book(s) of the Church. do you posses a degree in theology or have you formally studied the Scriptures? I very much doubt it.

My exegesis is not incorrect, despite your claims otherwise. It is compatible to the teaching of Holy Mother Church, who alone determines the doctrines of Scripture as it applies to our community.