Political Tactics

Just asking  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are. Rod Love, right?

You are Jane Stewart, right?

Waster of other people's money, proponent of crooked Liberal values, defender of the faith. Right?

Something tells me it is more likely that Jane Stewart is posting on some random message board than Rod Love.

Love's too busy being a good capitalist and gettin' rich. :lol:

From what I can see, Dion is a pretty good man. Stephen Harper is, however, a very skillful politician, perhaps the most skillful politician in Canada.

Dion has simply risen to the level of his incomptence. It happens all the time in organizations around the world. Happened with Stockwell Day and Paul Martin. Hopefully the Liberals make the same mistake three times.

I think that's an embarassingly false choice.

Just goes to show how desperate the Liberals are that all their supporters can do is post such a weak poll.

If the Liberals are so weak (maybe they are) then why does the CPC feel the need to bash them in a TV ad every few weeks?

Because the Liberals can't mount a coherent defence, so it's fun. What are they supposed to say in rebuttal? "You're almost as bad"? "I know I am but so are you"?

Because the Liberals can't mount a coherent defence, so it's fun. What are they supposed to say in rebuttal? "You're almost as bad"? "I know I am but so are you"?

Actually it should be "You are just as bad." But we're splitting hairs here. Why shouldn't they be saying it though?

The CPC's biggest defense of anything unethical, wasteful or just plain stupid is "B-b-b-but we're not as bad as theLiberals." A Statement which is fast becoming BS.

The CPC's biggest defense of anything unethical, wasteful or just plain stupid is "B-b-b-but we're not as bad as theLiberals." A Statement which is fast becoming BS.

What are the unethical things the Liberals did?

We need a baseline to understand the comparison you are making.

Let's just start with appointing unelected officials, and the mis-use of military aircraft. Didn't the CPC consider enticing members to cross the floor unethical? *cough*Emerson*cough*

That ok with you Ricki?

I know in your eyes your beloved CPC led by your Saintly Mr. Harper can do no wrong but I am sorry my child the facts show otherwise.

I know in your eyes your beloved CPC led by your Saintly Mr. Harper can do no wrong but I am sorry my child the facts show otherwise.

Do show us what the Liberals did wrong, in your eyes. Then we can compare it to the Conservatives actions in Government.

I guess that comprehension problem of yours is rearing it's ugly head again. I already stated three things both parties have done wrong.

I have no love for the Liberals and was calling them corrupt in the mid 90's. What I can't stand is attitudes of some CPC supporters, like yours, which are so outright offensive and spiteful, it makes me want to puke.

A statement which says more than enough, actually. I know it must be frustrating when every bit of mud one wants to throw at the Conservatives is already dripping off the Liberal carcass, but suck it up. Liberal supporters even seem to have trouble recognizing what is mud and what is not: "So the Liberals got in a little bit of shady trouble with a few million taxpayer dollars, but what about Emerson"?!? Not only is "Emerson" covered by Belinda, but it's not a crime to "appoint unelected officials".

What gets me is you dare to trot out "misuse of military aircraft" in the face of billions upon billions of dollars scammed and gone from 13 years of Liberal asininity. Harper would have to transport himself around Canada in a fleet of main battle tanks, 18 divisions of accompanying infantry and the CAF circling overhead for twenty years before he ended up costing Canada what Chretien did.

Of course it's a valid countercriticism to say the Liberals were worse. What's your response, that the Liberals were only a little worse than the CPC? That oughta be a good campaign slogan.

Of course it's a valid countercriticism to say the Liberals were worse. What's your response, that the Liberals were only a little worse than the CPC? That oughta be a good campaign slogan.

Sorta like the Liberal supporters before the 2004 election saying it was only $1.14 Million that was misapporpriated in Adscam.

Of course it's a valid countercriticism to say the Liberals were worse.

What possible definition of 'valid' would lead you to utter such a whopper?

When a citizen says 'I think the government cheated.' it is in no way a sensible counter to respond that a prior government also cheated. Whoopee if prior governments also cheated. It neither corrects nor addresses the point.

Frankly it makes me highly skeptical of your credibility that you would allow such nonsense to appear under your nick.

When a citizen says 'I think the government cheated.' it is in no way a sensible counter to respond that a prior government also cheated. Whoopee if prior governments also cheated. It neither corrects nor addresses the point.

Frankly it makes me highly skeptical of your credibility that you would allow such nonsense to appear under your nick.

It's a matter of recognizing that nothing is perfect in life.

All your unproven allegations about the Conservatives pale to what the Liberals actually did and were proven to do. Do you get the difference now?

It's a matter of recognizing that nothing is perfect in life.

Agreed. The problem is when people use it to rationalize corruption by the Conservatives.

Consider these two statements:

"The Conservatives did something bad, and it was wrong of them to do so. They have no excuse. However, given that they are better than the other parties, I will still vote for them"

"The Conservatives did something bad, but that's OK because the Liberals also did something bad"

I can respect the first statement, but sometimes it would appear that certain posters actually believe that statement #2 is acceptable.

Now, if only the Conservatives would point to Liberal mistakes that weren't committed by FORMER members. I mean, I don't blame Harper for the fact that John A. was an alcoholic.

A statement which says more than enough, actually. I know it must be frustrating when every bit of mud one wants to throw at the Conservatives is already dripping off the Liberal carcass, but suck it up. Liberal supporters even seem to have trouble recognizing what is mud and what is not: "So the Liberals got in a little bit of shady trouble with a few million taxpayer dollars, but what about Emerson"?!? Not only is "Emerson" covered by Belinda, but it's not a crime to "appoint unelected officials".

What gets me is you dare to trot out "misuse of military aircraft" in the face of billions upon billions of dollars scammed and gone from 13 years of Liberal asininity. Harper would have to transport himself around Canada in a fleet of main battle tanks, 18 divisions of accompanying infantry and the CAF circling overhead for twenty years before he ended up costing Canada what Chretien did.

That post is a perfect example of classic CPC denial. You even believe that political actions cancell each other out. lmao

Do you not remember the outrage Harper had at the thought of the Liberals flying around in Canadian military aircraft?

Do you deny the CPC was furious at one of their party members crossing the floor to join the liberals?

Do you deny that the CPC thought it terrible that the Liberals appointed unelected officials?

Do you deny that the CPC ran a campaign trumpeting the idea that they were morally superior to the corrupt liberals and would bring integrity, transparency and accountablity to Canadian Govt.?

Do you not see the conflict between those statements and what has actually happened under this Govt.?

The CPC flew around in the same aircraft.

The CPC enticed Liberal members to cross the floor.

The CPC appointed an unelected official.

The CPC has shown no integrity, by doing the three things listed above after railing against such behaviour in the past. They have shown no transparency as members are not even allowed to speak freely. Whenever the other political parties are trying to hold the CPC accountable for anything the CPC begins personally attacking opposition members, or simply repeats their "But we're not as bad as the Liberals" mantra.

So the CPC isn't as bad as the Liberals. They are sure on their way. Given another decade( ya right! lmao) they would be just as bad or worse.

"But we're not as bad as the Liberals" mantra.

They use it because it has legs. They're not as bad as the Liberals. Everyone knows it. It's not surprising they use it. Nor is it surprising that Liberal supporters gnash their teeth at it, because, well, what can ya say? The absolute lamest thing to say is "but the Cons ought to be held to a different standard", because that underscores the cynicism of the Liberal supporter while accentuating the slime covering the Liberals. Mind you, I don't KNOW what I'd say in defence of the Libs if I were a Lib supporter. Glad I don't have that task on my plate.

They use it because it has legs. They're not as bad as the Liberals. Everyone knows it. It's not surprising they use it. Nor is it surprising that Liberal supporters gnash their teeth at it, because, well, what can ya say? The absolute lamest thing to say is "but the Cons ought to be held to a different standard", because that underscores the cynicism of the Liberal supporter while accentuating the slime covering the Liberals. Mind you, I don't KNOW what I'd say in defence of the Libs if I were a Lib supporter. Glad I don't have that task on my plate.

Sigh. Look, just more of the same CPC crap.

CPC supporters seem to see the world in total polarity. The can't understand that everyone who mentions a criticism of the tory government is not a "Liberal supporter". Most are actually regular citizens who are simply making an observation about their government. To then be answered as if we are not concerned citizens but instead we're Ignatieff's exec aide is (a] not the proper sort of response and (b] a bit insulting.

The Tories need to get their heads out of the ass of Ottawa and recognize that there's a whole, real country of people concerned with their governance.

"But we're not as bad as the Liberals" mantra.

uh .....Hello, Mr. Blind CPC Supporter, I have some news for you.

THe CPC do deserve to be held to a higher standard because that is EXACTLY what they promised Canadians during their election campaign.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

They promised integrity and accountability.

So far they have shown no accountability for the lack of integrity they have demonstrated.

uh .....Hello, Mr. Blind CPC Supporter, I have some news for you.

THe CPC do deserve to be held to a higher standard because that is EXACTLY what they promised Canadians during their election campaign.

So far they have shown no accountability for the lack of integrity they have demonstrated.

So somebody who doesn't paint everything the CPC does in the worst possible light is a blind supporter?

They did pass the Accountability Act.

They have shown more integrity than the Liberals.

Nothing the CPC would do would ever be good enough for you.

So somebody who doesn't paint everything the CPC does in the worst possible light is a blind supporter?

Why not? According to you anyone who is not a blind CPC follower is a Liberal hack.

But in all seriousness you as well as the person I was responding to have shown yourselves to be a true keeper of the faith regardless of what the CPC does. Blind faith. Blind Follower.

Ehh whatever.

They did pass the Accountability Act.
And have ignored it's existance since.
They have shown more integrity than the Liberals.
LMFAO Now just where have I heard that one before?

You guys really are having trouble grasping this concept aren't you?

Nothing the CPC would do would ever be good enough for you.

Not true. But coming from you I would expect you truly believe that with every fibre of your being.