Stockwell Day

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read post #80, above.
A Liberal MP is calling on Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day to step aside until the RCMP decides whether to investigate his election to Parliament seven years ago.

Because Officer Holland Doright wants him to?

Be patient Figleaf,when the proper RCMP officers decide,and make a decision on whether to investigate, I'm sure you'll let all of us know, in the mean time everything stays as it it.

Be patient Figleaf,when the proper RCMP officers decide,and make a decision on whether to investigate, I'm sure you'll let all of us know, in the mean time everything stays as it it.

Yeah, should the Conservatives just appoint Mark Holland as their ethics comissioner?

...but you know enough to join in on the personal attacks.

Another dead RickiBobbi giveaway... the whinging about non-existent 'personal attacks'. Hmmm that suggests a Search...

I'm assuming this is directed at me. I can't see Bluth's posts but I certainly can read other people's posts in response to him. I hadn't given much thought on Ricki after I blocked him. I wasn't responsible for him being banned as far I can tell. I wasn't even aware of it till today.

Since I blocked Bluth, I have seen him post after my posts pretty much every day. I have not looked at those posts nor have I responded to them so I don't know how I could personally attack. My question to gc was what made him think it was the same person. I had no idea that it would be regarded as an attack on someone who was not the person in question.

Please read post #80, above.

A Liberal MP is calling on Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day to step aside until the RCMP decides whether to investigate his election to Parliament seven years ago.

No, because the implications of the fax are obvious. Stockwell needs to step aside until the RCMP either clears him or not. If he stays and they clear him, he will never be really clear.

So they have announced they are going to investigate?

Ah, I can't seem to find any kind of confirmation about this presumption your talking about.Your saying the RCMP has accepted these documents as being worthy of an investigation and were going to start an investigation by investigators in the investigations department.

I want to read all about Officer Doright making the announcement,where is it?

Help me out here.

Do you write fiction for a living?

What else did Stockwell do?

Was this all done in the dead of night behind the Parliament buildings?

It's obvious a crime was committed and presumably the RCMP will investigate it.

Is the rule of law onl apply to parties other than the Conservatives?

My question to gc was what made him think it was the same person.

Dobbin,

Usually I can pick up on a re-poster, I have to admit there are some similarities.

A lot of times the giveaway is when the guilty party doesn't respond to the accusations.

Maybe best have it checked out by Gregg,that usually ends it one way or the other.

-CES

Is the rule of law onl apply to parties other than the Conservatives?

As I already noted above, Ricki, Greg Sorbara, finance minister of Ontario did the right thing and stepped aside when he faced this kind of conflict of interest. I know you tories love pissing on institutions like Parliament, but it's traditions have gotten us quite far after all.

Dobbin,

Usually I can pick up on a re-poster, I have to admit there are some similarities.

A lot of times the giveaway is when the guilty party doesn't respond to the accusations.

Maybe best have it checked out by Gregg,that usually ends it one way or the other.

-CES

I'll reply to this because Stan implied I'm guilty by not responding.

I am from Alberta and I am a Conservative supporter ... like 60% of Alberta.

I just think it's pretty sad that my posts have brought out such a harsh response. Is it really because I am a Conservative?

Figleaf tried to get this going once and I didn't engage him that time because he's got an issue with my being a Conservative supporter. I just brushed it off because he is not reasonable and adds nothing to the debate.

This is the third time jdobbin has made an issue of "not being able to read" my email messages. There is no reason for me to respond to somebody like him. I embarrassed him about his lack of knowledge on Japan so he behaves in such a manner. I do appreciate the maturity in posting over and over and over again how you have somebody blocked. Taking the time to level criticisms at somebody while repeatng ad nauseum how you have them blocked is as mature as sticking fingers in your ears and yelling "I can't hear you."

I have no reason to reply anymore.

If my posts are that offensive that Figleaf and jdobbin are going to insist upon comparing me to some former poster so be it. Shouldn't a poltiical message board be about encouraging debate instead of trying to bully people off the board?

No, because the implications of the fax are obvious. Stockwell needs to step aside until the RCMP either clears him or not. If he stays and they clear him, he will never be really clear.

So according to you,everytime an MP is accused they must step aside until the RCMP decide whether it should be investigated.

So you say Harper bribed Quebec. therefore he should step aside until a decision has been made by the RCMP whether to investigate your charge or not.

I accuse Dion of being involved in the Ad Scam business and I got some toilet paper to prove it, therefore he should step aside as leader of the Opposition until the RCMP decide whether to investigate.

Figleaf, Parliament would be empty with your logic.

If he stays and they clear him, he will never be really clear

Huh?

Figleaf tried to get this going once and I didn't engage him that time because he's got an issue with my being a Conservative supporter. I just brushed it off because he is not reasonable and adds nothing to the debate.

Okay Mr. Bluth, let's have a reasoned discussion regarding your support for the Conservatives. Where do you stand on the destruction of wealth Harper inflicted on investors when he reneged on his income trust promise?

I accuse Dion of being involved in the Ad Scam business and I got some toilet paper to prove it, therefore he should step aside as leader of the Opposition until the RCMP decide whether to investigate.

Figleaf, Parliament would be empty with your logic.

Oh Christ. Read the goddam thread, wouldya.

Okay Mr. Bluth, let's have a reasoned discussion regarding your support for the Conservatives. Where do you stand on the destruction of wealth Harper inflicted on investors when he reneged on his income trust promise?

I believe that those unit holders had the opportunity to take their gains at any point. The rush to convert to Income Trust status, highlighted by BCE and Telus announcing their intention to convert, were a clear signal to the market that the Income Trust exemption wasn't going to last very long.

It's the old adage. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Reasoned enough for you?

Same IP address?

I don't know? But I know Ricki's posts when I see them. Why, is he denying he changed his name?
Why not focus on the substance of the posts rather than playing nicky-nicky-nine-nine? Whoever this poster is, it's nothing like Baylee or its incarnations.

-CES

Thanks, Canuck. I wasn't responsible for Ricki being banned and have no idea what the policy is simply re-upping under a new identity. I opted for ignore and didn't make the connection until it was mentioned today.

I'm sure if the behaviour is anything like Ricki's, it will end up in a banning again.

Why not focus on the substance of the posts rather than playing nicky-nicky-nine-nine? Whoever this poster is, it's nothing like Baylee or its incarnations.

I'm not focusing on anything other than the substance of the posts. I welcomed back an old poster, in a friendly manner (someone who I enjoy debating with), and it snowballed from there. I didn't realize it would become such an issue.