Harper's political life

Topaz

Have any of you read Harper's bio.? I just read it and it seems Harper started his political view as a LIBERAL and changed it when Trudeau brought in measures on the energy industry and Harper then thought it would hurt the oil and gas industry which he was a part of. Then he turned his back on Mulroney and went to the reform and then alliance and then to Conservative , because this was the ONLY way he could become PM. I thought Bush was alittle mixed up in the head. The only party this guy hasn't tried is the NDP and I'm sure he'll becomes one after he leaves the PM and tries again for leadership.

Have any of you read Harper's bio.? I just read it and it seems Harper started his political view as a LIBERAL and changed it when Trudeau brought in measures on the energy industry and Harper then thought it would hurt the oil and gas industry which he was a part of. Then he turned his back on Mulroney and went to the reform and then alliance and then to Conservative , because this was the ONLY way he could become PM. I thought Bush was alittle mixed up in the head. The only party this guy hasn't tried is the NDP and I'm sure he'll becomes one after he leaves the PM and tries again for leadership.

Harper's bio.......a one paragraph book?

Have any of you read Harper's bio.? I just read it and it seems Harper started his political view as a LIBERAL and changed.....

Horrors. In the US the following have changed from being relatively liberal Democrats to being Republicans (all but Mike Bloomberg being relatively conservative, Bloomberg being mostly "good government"):

1. Ronald Reagan;
  2. Paul Wolfowitz;
  3. Jeanne Kirkpatrick;
  4. Rudolph Giuliani;
  5. Michael Bloomberg; and
  6. Bennett Williams.

We should remember the fire in the Reichstag (sp) it was very convenient to give Hiltler an enemy to fight.

Most Germans supported Hitler, he put the country back on the path to prosperity, he was good for Germany.

Ten years later it was a destroyed country. I think we have to be very careful who we trust in this world. It appears to me that Harper is taking liberites with his supposed powers. There is a strong undercurrent here blaming anyone of the Islamic faith or colour.

I am not condoning Islam, there is an element of belief there that they should rule the world but is that any different from the Fundamentalist beliefs that so call born again Christians should rule the world?

Take two people I know in our little community, one works very hard for the food bank believing that Canada has been good to them and they owe something back to it. The other believes that people who use the food bank are getting exactly what they deserve, they are lazy and stupid and should not be supported in any way.

Where do you stand on these beliefs?

Huh, how was Harper part of the oil industry please explain I'm listening. LOL

He was a computer programmer, which of course, gives him tons of pull. He was da Policy Man!!! :lol:

Oh forget that one guess he was doing all of this while teaching at the university :D

I hope that everyone gets a chance to read the book. It's written by William Johnson. For the most part, Mr. Johnson has worked for the Globe and Mail. To my knowledge, he is nothing more than an acquaintance of Harper's so is not noticably biased. He's also writing a book about Stephane Dion that should be available by end-of-year. If you like politics - you'll like the Harper book. It's facinating reading. To be honest, I'm only about two thirds through it right now - I've been doing a chapter a night.

We should remember the fire in the Reichstag (sp) it was very convenient to give Hiltler an enemy to fight.

Most Germans supported Hitler, he put the country back on the path to prosperity, he was good for Germany.

Dude, do you know what Hitler and the Nazis DID? I'm assuming your making a comparison between Harper and Hitler, which is simply inane and juvenile to say the least. People who make such comments are willfully ignorant of history, or simply twist it to suit their own ideology. I haven't seen any laws similar to Nazi Germany, and the security certificates were brought in by the previous LIBERAL government.

Ten years later it was a destroyed country. I think we have to be very careful who we trust in this world. It appears to me that Harper is taking liberites with his supposed powers. There is a strong undercurrent here blaming anyone of the Islamic faith or colour.

What, security certificates were brought in under the previous government, the current one only wishes to extend them. If that's the case then both the Liberal's and Conservatives are somehow akin to Nazism.

Take two people I know in our little community, one works very hard for the food bank believing that Canada has been good to them and they owe something back to it. The other believes that people who use the food bank are getting exactly what they deserve, they are lazy and stupid and should not be supported in any way.

Where do you stand on these beliefs?

I know alot of evangelical Christian's, who happen to be Conservative party members who work at the food bank. I also know various other people who do as well. I'm not sure what your trying to get at here.