Tory MP accused of emailing 'denigrating' joke

I didn't bash Little Mosque on the Prairie...

But I think most people probably would say after seeing that show that it's an utter waste of time. It's no Kids in the Hall.

I didn't bash it either. But apparently it is the writers of the show who have no sense of humour.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: ROFLOL! Those who produced 20 pages of bashing Little Mosque on the Prairie before it even aired are now criticizing others for not having a sense of humour! :D

I know, what is even more amazing is that they do not realize that there is nothing humourful about denigrating "others" for ones own personal benefit. They did not like the "red neck" character in LMoTP as it stereotyped, but it is all good to actually bash FN's to get a laugh.

Slavik44

Well technically he didn't send the joke, he recieved the joke. And technically the joke wasn't poking fun at natives, it was poking fun at government officials, using a stock native charachter. I can think of worse things seen and sent over e-mail by government officials.

If you did not understand the joke, then you need to read the above. After 6 pages of comments, this and a couple others actually understood the funny. The denigrating part of that is on the government itself for being a fat bureocratic sloth like entity that accomplishes very little with the oh so short time they are in office actually doing something. Look a little deeper into the joke y'all.

:lol: ROFLOL! Those who produced 20 pages of bashing Little Mosque on the Prairie before it even aired are now criticizing others for not having a sense of humour! :D

I know, what is even more amazing is that they do not realize that there is nothing humourful about denigrating "others" for ones own personal benefit. They did not like the "red neck" character in LMoTP as it stereotyped, but it is all good to actually bash FN's to get a laugh.

How did the joke bash anyone?

When did you lose your sense of humour - or did you ever have one?

How did the joke bash anyone?

When did you lose your sense of humour - or did you ever have one?

The joke was just stupid.

Typical response Saturn, good work.

1. You falsely misprepresented the issue with Little Mosque. It is terrible. I bashed it because I knew it would be terrible. Had any of the redneck jokes on that show been about natives you would have gone on and on and on.

2. You missed the main argument of the thread, i.e. waste of taxpayer dollars....

After reading the joke, I find it says nothing negative about Natives, but PLENTY negative about politicians.

After all, it's the politicians who are identified as the ones who "Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, and disappear for rest of day."

Personally, I'd vote for that particular native based on his honesty, if nothing else.

After reading the joke, I find it says nothing negative about Natives, but PLENTY negative about politicians.

After all, it's the politicians who are identified as the ones who "Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, and disappear for rest of day."

Personally, I'd vote for that particular native based on his honesty, if nothing else.

I'll give you that...

Well seeing as it is all the white guys that think nothing is wrong with it, I find it laughable that I am accused of being white and thinking it was wrong. And how nice of all the white people to say FN's don';t mind they 've heard worse. :rolleyes:

Are you an FN person?

No, WASP, my husband is Miq' mah, as is my daughter. And we do belong to the Assembly of First Nations.

Do you mean Miq Maq? As in an Indian tribe from the maritimes? Is this another lie like your service in the armed forces? I fiond it hard to believe you can't even spell the name of your husband's tribe correcty. Now THAT'S insulting to Miq Maq's everywhere.

for shame

I thought the joke was very funny, and directed towards the bureaucracy of government. The Indian, was just an Indian, it could of been a Polish guy or an Italian. Or anyone for that matter. I think the politically correct types are just overacting (as per usually).

This is a truly minor minor ......minor, minor incident. Hey.....why do we even have a thread on this issue in the first place?

PROUD TO BE A REFORMER, BUY A GUN AND PO A LIBERAL! :angry:

Do you mean Miq Maq? As in an Indian tribe from the maritimes? Is this another lie like your service in the armed forces? I fiond it hard to believe you can't even spell the name of your husband's tribe correcty. Now THAT'S insulting to Miq Maq's everywhere.

for shame

Hmmmm

I didn't find the joke racist, thought it was more political and thats fair game.