Blood of a Monster

Remiel

I was watching the Hour, and the topic came up on Hitler's surviving relatives. Maybe most of you already know this, but Hitler's half-brother had a son who after a stint in the German military, ended up moving to the U.S. to enlist in the Navy to fight against his uncle. In turn, he had four sons, who grew up and have normal jobs and live life basically as most people are do. Except, the four brothers made a pact to never have children, to spare anyone else the terrible legacy of their great-uncle Adolf. I imagine there are some exceptionally mean-spirited people who would say, " Good riddance, " but it strikes me as being quite sad that they actually feel it is necessary to forego the joy of having children because of who they are, or rather who they are related to. Four more lives senselessly ruined by the hatred of a madman.

I don't see a problem with them having children. It's not as if Hitler's hatred was purely genetic and his relatives are bound to repeat history. In fact, according to your post, they fought against Hitler. No one can choose who their ancestors/relatives are, I don't see why we should look down on someone just because of who their great uncle is.