Harper to Shuffle Cabinet

Indeed you are right, you make a good point.

Thanks! :)

(others take note of his above comment)

But hasn't all this propaganda by the obviously left CBC made Canadians believe this is a hot issue?

Yes they have. The majority of voters vote on the economy and healtchare. Healtchare actually was polled as voters #1 issue (fact).

Stephan Dion in typical dictatorship style of the Liberal party is ruling due to his personal agenda, not on behalf of Canadians.

The difference is, when Dion from the Liberal party says that something is important, then the CBC will make it important and it will become prophacy.

Imagine the tables were turned and the CPC leadership was won by Harper and Harper said the environment was important. No one would care of listen. There probably wouldn't even by a headline.

They have continually tried to talk about the environment on talk radio. People just don't phone in, they aren't interested becuase we have far more greater problems then GHG emmisions.

This is all Dions agenda becuase, suprise, he was the environment minsiter. Maybe he should think outside the box and listen to what voters think is important, rather than what he thinks is important.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is fair to say Rona had a great plan...while meeting the Kyoto protocol is absolutely impossible in any practical sense at this time, I am certain that there could have been some realistic short term goals set...and given that such goals were pushed aside to 2050, I think categorizing this plan as great is a bit of a stretch.

Do you think that possibly there are reasons and truth to why it should be 2050? If you attack business over GHG emmisions too fast, you are going to cost Canadian jobs and hurt our economy.

The last thing we need is an accelerated loss to the full time jobs that we are already seing.

Also, this should not in any way, shape, or form burden the tax payer. Thus, a long term goal is acceptable with steady benchmarks along the way.

I've heard the right wing say this a few times. I can't recall hearing Margaret Trudeau saying it though. Do you have a citation confirming she was hit?

G & M:

1977: March 4: Margaret Trudeau spends her sixth wedding anniversary at a Rolling Stones concert in Toronto. A few days later, she jets to New York, where she tells People magazine that Mr. Trudeau's body is “like that of a 25-year-old.” She also discusses their fondness for garter belts and the effect her nipples have on state visitors. Shortly after her return home, she appears to have a black eye.

To say the event was well-publicised at the time is an understatement. Margaret returned to Ottawa from New York, had a conversation with Trudeau and then was seen in public with a black eye or a bruised face. Of course she never admitted anything. This was the 1970s when wife-beating was still a taboo topic. In fact, some viewed Trudeau as a "real man" because he could show his wife who was boss. Joe Clark, on the other hand, was clearly not a tough guy since he let his wife keep her maiden name.

To say the event was well-publicised at the time is an understatement. Margaret returned to Ottawa from New York, had a conversation with Trudeau and then was seen in public with a black eye or a bruised face. Of course she never admitted anything. This was the 1970s when wife-beating was still a taboo topic. In fact, some viewed Trudeau as a "real man" because he could show his wife who was boss. Joe Clark, on the other hand, was clearly not a tough guy since he let his wife keep her maiden name.

I found Treudau an his wife's escapades to be absolutely disgusting and an emberessment on our country.

And our next Priminster, Truedae jr, girlfriend today gave birth to their baby on Montreal out of wedlock in typical montreal fashion.

He 'plans' on getting married this summer.

Or, let me rephrase this - do you think unelected (and thereby unaccountable to the voters) persons should be given responsibilities intended for (in our parliamentary system) elected by the people, for the people MP's.

You said:

AND, AND ....... another unaccountable Senator in the Cabinet. How democratic.

There are as many Senator's in the Cabinet today as there were on Friday.

Your statement was wrong.

I've heard the right wing say this a few times. I can't recall hearing Margaret Trudeau saying it though. Do you have a citation confirming she was hit?

G & M:

1977: March 4: Margaret Trudeau spends her sixth wedding anniversary at a Rolling Stones concert in Toronto. A few days later, she jets to New York, where she tells People magazine that Mr. Trudeau's body is “like that of a 25-year-old.” She also discusses their fondness for garter belts and the effect her nipples have on state visitors. Shortly after her return home, she appears to have a black eye.

Sounds like scurilous innuendo to me.

Your statement was wrong.

My statement was technically wrong.

Now please answer the questions. Do you think that we should have unelected people responsible for portfolios attributed to the HoC parliamentary system wherein we traditionally have had elected, responsible by being accountable, MPs?

Do you agree with unelected senators sitting in portfolios normally managed by elected representatives?

I'm afraid that is just not acceptable as an answer.

I know all about this report and never gave it the credence the right wing does.

The fact that you are using it today to make a political point is both appalling and perhaps one of these worst examples of trolling that I have ever seen you make.

Ricki Bobbi

You have failed to answer these questions (enquiring minds want to know):

Do you think that we should have unelected people responsible for portfolios attributed to the HoC parliamentary system wherein we traditionally have had elected, responsible-by-being-accountable, MPs?

Do you agree with unelected senators sitting in portfolios normally managed by elected representatives?

As Government House Leader in the Senate Marjorie LeBreton was already in Cabinet. Pesky things those facts...

Being Senate government leader is not exactly the same as being put into a normally elected representative cabinet role. But being secretary of state for seniors is exactly what we expect elected MPs to do. Don't you think there is a difference?

Marjorie LeBreton is probably pretty close to one of the hardest working and most respected people in either house. Really, one day the left will get over symbolism and optics and find out that reality waits for them somewhere. She's highly capable of the job, what exactly is your problem?

Trudeau was a wife beater and gave Margaret a black eye.

Is there a contest among the right-wingers on this forum as to who can come up with the most unsubstantiated, wing-nut bullshit?

Even your beloved CBC portrayed him as a wife beater in the "Trudeau" series.

Even your beloved CBC portrayed him as a wife beater in the "Trudeau" series.

The fact that it is being used as a political point here is just breathtakingly the worst type of political trolling.

I have never seen any official response on this at all from any Trudeau or any actual eyewitness. The media doesn't bother to ask directly and uses innuendo. Guilty until proven innocent. And the fact that people here take it as a fact when they usually doubt everything the media says is astonishing.

Marjorie LeBreton is probably pretty close to one of the hardest working and most respected people in either house. Really, one day the left will get over symbolism and optics and find out that reality waits for them somewhere. She's highly capable of the job, what exactly is your problem?

Really, one day the right will get over reading "left" into every post that ever criticizes the Conservatives.

What exactly is my problem?

Unelected people in cabinet posts. That is my problem. How is that so hard to understand from my posts?

Do you think that we should have unelected people responsible for portfolios attributed to the HoC parliamentary system wherein we traditionally have had elected, responsible-by-being-accountable, MPs?

One issue with your argument is your claims of 'tradition' and 'normalcy'.

The post of Secretary of State for Seniors has only ever been filled by an unelected Senator.

Don't belive me, look it up.

G & M:

I remember that also, but what I remember most was a pic of Margaret after a Jagger encounter in New York, with reporters saying that Margaret had done drugs and gone "commando", al-a-Britney Spears. At that point most in Canada were totally em-bare-assed.

Marjorie LeBreton is Mulroney's legacy attack-dog. If anyone (other than tory hacks) respects her I'd like to know who.

As Senator Lebreton is the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of MADD I am guessing that there are many people who aren't especially partisan who respect her.

Unless you consider people fighting against drunk driving are Tory hacks by definition. :lol:

http://www.madd.ca/english/about/boardofdirectors.html

Marjorie LeBreton is Mulroney's legacy attack-dog. If anyone (other than tory hacks) respects her I'd like to know who.

As Senator Lebreton is the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of MADD I am guessing that there are many people who aren't especially partisan who respect her.

Unless you consider people fighting against drunk driving are Tory hacks by definition. :lol:

:lol:

MADD was recently implicated in a serious fundraising scandal.

http://news.google.ca/nwshp?hl=en&lr=&ie=I...D%20fundraising

So, where was Lebreton when those decisions were made?

:D

So you think overall MADD is a bad thing for society in Canada? What is wrong with the people who still support the organization? Go ahead, we know you can't do anything but attack, so turn it on...

Seems to be a rash of fundraising problems.