CBC chooses it's 'Canada' page wisely...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/

Look at the three pictures in the middle of the page and tell me what these photos and stories have to do with Canada.

Maybe the CBC should create a 'India' section on it's menu to the left. I'm sure it will.

Why does my tax dollars pay for all this political spin?

I'm sure the problem lies in your head....what does News have to do with Canada? Come on...are you an idiot or just acting one?

Look at the three pictures in the middle of the page and tell me what these photos and stories have to do with Canada.

Maybe the CBC should create a 'India' section on it's menu to the left. I'm sure it will.

You're right! How dare the CBC create a Canada web page that has links on it to other sections of their site! Outrageous I say!

Thanks for the laugh though. I didn't realize that a picture of spices (leading to an article about their potential medicinal uses) could have a political spin to it.

What exactly is your objection? A story about an Indian author on the Canada page is "political spin"?

How?

If you're going to complain about the CBC at least find something legitimate and interesting. This is sad.

If you're going to complain about the CBC at least find something legitimate and interesting. This is sad.

How come your complaints are all so lame and uninteresting?

You are the only one here defending the CBC. Your defences are weak and purely personal. You'd think a man of your abilities could come up with better! :lol:

The three featured stories? You mean the graphical-link stories half way down the page?

That's right. Not that I really care, just pointing out the comedy in the situation really.

If the CBC wants to talk about India and not appeal to anyone, they'll lose more ad spots and become a bigger cost to the government. Eventually someone will have to cast them free.

The three featured stories? You mean the graphical-link stories half way down the page?

That's right. Not that I really care, just pointing out the comedy in the situation really.

If the CBC wants to talk about India and not appeal to anyone, they'll lose more ad spots and become a bigger cost to the government. Eventually someone will have to cast them free.

Do you think that it's noteworthy or indicitive of bias/political whatever to have some links that aren't soley about Canada on a Canada page of a website?

How stupid can a topic be? This one has answered that question in stunning fashion.

Do you think that it's noteworthy or indicitive of bias/political whatever to have some links that aren't soley about Canada on a Canada page of a website?

How stupid can a topic be? This one has answered that question in stunning fashion.

Maybe a pro-India stance? Or maybe CBC is advocating the very NDP sponsored spice trade? :lol:

I don't like CBC because of it's cheesy attempt at being alot of things it's not. But this concern in particular is rather silly.

How rude, ignorant and condescending can a post be?

You post answered that question an an utterly stunning fashion. :lol:

You missed it this morning. The three featured stories were all about India things.

What you guys are missing is those panels are static but the content changes randomnly. Those panels are there for the Canada News. Those panels are there for the International News. They are there for the Health, entertainment and sports news. When I looked....they have the world in Pictures (which had an indian fellow) a health story on the value of spices and that British author 9who now lives in the US) how is an ethnic indian......when I looked again latter, there were two different stories......and later still the author was back and there wasa 3rd different story...Today I click and their is a borat review, photo gallery featuring toys and the health spice story

Everyone is getting their panties in a knot because mikedavid00 ( anyone who puts their IQ after their name must be okay....) is pulling your collective chains

How rude, ignorant and condescending can a post be?

You post answered that question an an utterly stunning fashion. :lol:

Hey weren't you asked to stop stalking people?

What are you people on about....

More than 1,500 people heard harrowing stories of domestic beatings of women in the Indo-Canadian community at a forum in Surrey, B.C., on Thursday night

Canadian women are being beaten by their Canadian husbands. The community is getting together to discuss the problem and seek solutions. What exactly, is the issue with reporting this?

From the link this is the only "Indian" story I saw.

What are you people on about....
More than 1,500 people heard harrowing stories of domestic beatings of women in the Indo-Canadian community at a forum in Surrey, B.C., on Thursday night

Canadian women are being beaten by their Canadian husbands. The community is getting together to discuss the problem and seek solutions. What exactly, is the issue with reporting this?

From the link this is the only "Indian" story I saw.

Exactly...the stories in the panels change randomly.....they might feature 5 or more tories that pop up...you might even get 3 that have east asian faces....one of those east asians may be a true blue canadian