Racism and Calgary

bradco

The most powerful and ubiquitous streetgang in Canada is the Hell's Angels and their associates. Are they Asians, Blacks, or Aboriginal? I can't tell with all that facial hair and leather.

The hells aren't a street gang anymore than the mafia are.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that the three gang types are Asians(Vietnamese specifically), First Nations and Hells Angels. There are also smaller Southeast Asian (Indian) bunches, that are starting to make their weight known.

No doubt it is racism or at best profiling to not let your friends into the bar.

It is explicable in an odd way though..... Hells Angels are much more likely to own the bar than stand in line outside.

The First Nations guys don't operate in those circles.

The Vietnamese are easily identified and standing right in front of the bouncer.

Easy decision, though not the right one.

• 3 weeks later...
The most powerful and ubiquitous streetgang in Canada is the Hell's Angels and their associates. Are they Asians, Blacks, or Aboriginal? I can't tell with all that facial hair and leather.

As long as we are denoucing stereo types let me put another one to rest . My next door neighbor is a higher up in the Hells Angels here in Ontario . He has no facial hair and does not wear leather of any type except when he rides his bike on weekends in the summer . When you see him monday to friday he is more likely to be wearing a Armani suit and is always clean shaven . My neighbor is quiet and he and his wife tend to keep to themselves but are always polite when you see them around . This is an up market waterfront neighborhood with zero crime and unless you knew who my neighbor is you would think he is just one of the many professionals that live here.

Bradco is another of the hysterical fear mongers.

My city alderman and soon to be PC MLA are both Asian and I live in a 90% affluent White neighborhood. I don't see much racism in Calgary..then gain, I only live here. In fact, there's less here than in any other place I've lived. Folks in Calagary are the best educated in Canada and racism declines with education.

There is definitely discrimination against natives. Most of that is experience related and one can debate forever the legitimacy of it or not. Would I, as a landlord, rent to a native family without knowing their full background? No. Would I rent to a family arriving from Newfoundland with just a short questionaire..yes, I would. Natives here have a lot of financial advantages and a lot of social disadvantages.

You don't know what you are talking about again.

The Hells Angels is an American motorcycle gang with chapters in Canada.

It is obvious you are attempting to link the illegal and sometimes violent activities of the Hells Angels to condone the violent actions of Canadian Asian, Black and Aboriginal gangs in Canada.

Shame on you!

Edited by Leafless

You don't know what you are talking about again.

Dude, I'm the verging on 30-year chronic stoner, remember? You think one can smoke weed every day and not come into contact with this element?

Actually, fortunately, nowadays you can.

But here in Wpg, there are puppet clubs of the Hell's Angels (such as "the Zig Zag Crew) that are composed of generally white trash lads. There are also asian and african and aboriginal gangs, but they're mostly punks without such a strong central organization like the Angels.

It is obvious you are attempting to link the illegal and sometimes violent activities of the Hells Angels to condone the violent actions of Canadian Asian, Black and Aboriginal gangs in Canada.

Shame on you!

Actually, shame on you for making unfounded, insulting allegations once again. I consider the violent actions of street gangs equally reprehensible, no matter what their race. I am able to look at street gang hoodlums with equal disdain no matter what their ethnic background. And I would never try to soften the violent actions of one race by saying they only happen "sometimes" like you just did.

I was merely pointing out that the many of the most successful, powerful, and violent street gangs are composed of white guys because, for political or racist reasons, many on this board would deny it.

There are also asian and african and aboriginal gangs, but they're mostly punks without such a strong central organization like the Angels.

But that what the difference is.

The Angels appear to be involved in organized illegal activities but are not continuously violent in nature unlike the disorganized Asian, African and Aboriginal gangs are, who thrive on violence.

So in saying this what is the risk factor to average Canadians of being injured or killed relating to gangs and violent offences?

Although there are no statistics available on this subject and from what I have personally observed from years of media reports, pictures and video, I would say the Hells Angles pose little risk while the Asian, African and Aboriginal gangs pose the highest incidence of violence towards law abiding Canadian citizens.

I was merely pointing out that the many of the most successful, powerful, and violent street gangs are composed of white guys because, for political or racist reasons, many on this board would deny it.

I would not characterize the mainly White Angels or any larger mainly White motorcycle gangs as a street gang. Many don't drive motorcycles but drive expensive automobiles and invest money in legitimate concerns.

It is relatively common knowledge larger motorcycle gangs have discarded black leather jackets for business suits from any reports I have read.

Actually I don't think there are to many White street gangs left and appears mostly, are the punks you describe.

But that what the difference is.

The Angels appear to be involved in organized illegal activities but are not continuously violent in nature unlike the disorganized Asian, African and Aboriginal gangs are, who thrive on violence.

So in saying this what is the risk factor to average Canadians of being injured or killed relating to gangs and violent offences?

Although there are no statistics available on this subject and from what I have personally observed from years of media reports, pictures and video, I would say the Hells Angles pose little risk while the Asian, African and Aboriginal gangs pose the highest incidence of violence towards law abiding Canadian citizens.

No stats?

What were the biker bomb wars of the 90's then?

Kids were killed, business' bombed, murders commited.

Mom Boucher was found guilty of murdering two prison guards. PLenty others found guilty of offences such as kidnapping, extortion, gansterism, comspiracy to murder, drugs....

I would not characterize the mainly White Angels or any larger mainly White motorcycle gangs as a street gang. Many don't drive motorcycles but drive expensive automobiles and invest money in legitimate concerns.

It is relatively common knowledge larger motorcycle gangs have discarded black leather jackets for business suits from any reports I have read.

Actually I don't think there are to many White street gangs left and appears mostly, are the punks you describe.

You are right in that the Hells are not a street gang per se, but they sure as hell control the street and have minions doling out the hurts when it is warranted.

The Hells et al are likely more a blight financially on society than the street gangs mentioned.

Either way, none of us are directly connected to any of the violence , and none of the gangs commit murder for murders sake (rarely it happens) so both are not a threat to our existence in going about our daily lives.

No stats?

What were the biker bomb wars of the 90's then?

Kids were killed, business' bombed, murders commited.

That was an exception to the rule.

It is apparent these wars do erupt time to time but are not continuously the cause of violence like street gangs are.

Either way, none of us are directly connected to any of the violence , and none of the gangs commit murder for murders sake (rarely it happens) so both are not a threat to our existence in going about our daily lives.

What are you talking about.

There are many assaults, home invasions rapes, swarmings, muggings and deaths of citizens, including from the cross fire of unruly violent punk gangs.

No one is immune from possible violence from these punk gangs.

These gangs are a problem and from reports are getting younger every day especially involving 10- 11 year olds in the drug trade.

Gangs are a serious problem in our cities but for unknown reasons, the severity of these gangs are being downplayed by authorities.

I highly suspect these gangs are out of control and there is nothing authorities can do to stop the violence.

Leafless, with the exception of Jamaicans and Natives, non-whites commit less crimes per capita than whites in Canada. There's a few violent White gangs in South Calgary. I would know, I live here.

Are we not talking who commits the majority of violent gang related crimes and not crimes in general?

Feel free to post your stats.

Are we not talking who commits the majority of violent gang related crimes and not crimes in general?

Feel free to post your stats.

I find it reprehensible that someone would defend the Hell's Angels and their associates because they are white. It just goes to show how demented some people get when they are consumed by race. They are the most brutal, violent street gang in the country.

In Winnipeg, where I live, they or their associates have commited numerous drive-by shootings. They have "disappeared" the leadership of other white gangs. When a guy killed one of their associates in the Zig Zag Crew, they patiently waited for the anniversary of his death and assasinated his brother in cold blood in his garage.

http://www.injusticebusters.com/04/Tokarchuk04.shtml

Don't be deceived if some wear Armani. That's just because they bought it with blood money.

I find it reprehensible that someone would defend the Hell's Angels and their associates because they are white.

It is apparent you are prejudiced against the White race.

All I am saying is the Angels are NOT your main gang problem out in Winnipeg where you live.

In fact you cannot even properly identify what type of gangs are the MAIN problem where you live.

Let me do it for you as YOUTH GANGS are the problem in your city as they are ours in Ottawa, but we have a reported smaller number, but they are a problem.

Winnipeg sure sounds like it has a MAJOR problem with youth gangs that number a reported 3,000 gang members.

The study does cite statistics from the Canadian Police Survey of Youth Gangs that suggest there are around 600 gang members in Ottawa, or one of the lowest per capita rates in Canada. It noted that Winnipeg, with a smaller population, has an estimated 3,000 gang members.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008...ang-080211.html

It is apparent you are prejudiced against the White race.

All I am saying is the Angels are NOT your main gang problem out in Winnipeg where you live.

In fact you cannot even properly identify what type of gangs are the MAIN problem where you live.

But I didn’t say youth gangs weren’t a problem, and I am in no way trying to ignore the reality of the multi-ethnic make-up of street gangs in Canada.

But to try to deny that the Angels are a major problem is just bizarre and just shows how your opinions are shaped strictly by the concept of race and nothing else.

As you have noted, Winnipeg has a major youth gang problem. I see them every day and, as I said, many of them are Aboriginal, many are straight out of Africa, and many of them are white.

I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to form a response without some kind of insult, but I am beginning to understand your motives. What better way to deflect attention from one’s own prejudice than to call others prejudiced? What better way to deflect from one’s own lack of patriotism than to call others unpatriotic? And what better way to deflect attention from one’s own anti-Christian principles than to call others anti-Christian?

I'm always more impressed by those who can defend their prejudices.

But that's just me.

So I was visiting Calgary over the weekend...

I head out to some clubs with a friend and some guys he knows from work (3 of us white and 2 asian guys)

First club we go to they let the three of us who are white in no problem....then the two asian guys flash their ids and the bouncer says oh your from out of province you need to show another id. So they flash another and then its oh your under 25 you cant get in. Interesting thing is the three of us who were white were also showing BC drivers licenses and we were also all under 25. In front of us was an asian guy with three white girls. All the girls got in and he didnt.

Next club they were trying to pull the same shit. Only reason I think the two asian guys got in was a cop was standing right beside the bouncer....the asian guys were forced to show three pieces of photo id and we showed one.

Anyone from Calgary know if tyhis happens a lot? What is going on in that city? Is racism and conservatism connected? :P

I dont' know? Are being in a gang and being Asian connected?

I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to form a response without some kind of insult,

You are inventing false statements in your regular troll like fashion:

I find it reprehensible that someone would defend the Hell's Angels and their associates because they are white.

My reply was not an insult but one based on fact, your unfounded racial allegation.

The rest of your post is rubbish.

If you want to make racial allegations, religious allegations, or allegations of being unpatriotic, then use quotes, that will prove you are correct in what you are alleging, troll.

If you want to make racial allegations, religious allegations, or allegations of being unpatriotic, then use quotes, that will prove you are correct in what you are alleging, troll.

Ah yes, someone who would create a thread about how all people on the left are "clinically nuts" would also be the first to call others a troll. :lol: