User's Guide to Assist in Finding Anti-Harper Commentary

jbg

Yes, they hate him enough to attack his appearance/weight, but when it matters they have to face up to the reality that he has the support of most Canadians, so they can't vote him down. But Harper is patient and sooner or later the Liberals will do something they'll regret in the morning.
What do you expect?

Never go into a fight unless you have a chance of winning. Why bother otherwise. Libs know they would be roundly defeated, perhaps even a death knell.

One defends ones honour (<-spelling jbg) against a known bigger opponent, but not political fights.Too much to lose and make no mistake..............

Like no one made fun of Chretiens facial tic....

Good points both. I was at a Blue Rodeo concert tonight in New York City, and was talking to a visitor from Toronto. I asked if she though there'd be elections soon. She said "I hope not", and I asked why. She said that she feared that Harper would get a majority and that he would do "terrible things". I asked if he was "too American" and she said "exactly".
I believe honor is spelled this way in the U.S. We're not going to spell check each other now, are we?

"Honor" is the correct spelling.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points both. I was at a Blue Rodeo concert tonight in New York City, and was talking to a visitor from Toronto. I asked if she though there'd be elections soon. She said "I hope not", and I asked why. She said that she feared that Harper would get a majority and that he would do "terrible things". I asked if he was "too American" and she said "exactly".

"Honor" is the correct spelling.

Unbelievable. First a "27ish" woman from Winnipeg who had no idea who Louis Riel was and now .... a woman from Toronto who thinks Harper would do "terrible things" if an election was held now and the Cons got a majority government?

Oh right, What about those two women school teachers, in several different stories were from somewhere in Ontario and in the several other stories were from somewhere else in Ontario ... who had never ever heard of Wolfe/Montcalm and the Plains of Abraham --- were they at the Blue Rodeo concert too?

Like, who would ask anyone at a concert (two separate women, one from Winnipeg and one from Toronto?) about Riel or Canadian elections?

If any of this did take place what is the point .... other than to insinuate how dumb Canadian women are and how devilishly clever some NY guy is? None of which took place in MO. in any event.

`

If any of this did take place what is the point .... other than to insinuate how dumb Canadian women are and how devilishly clever some NY guy is? None of which took place in MO. in any event.

`

I will ignore the personal attack nature of this post and take it as a compliment that you have followed posts I've made over the years. I am not implying or stating that anyone is dumb; just that the historical education is a bit lacking. As for how the various subjects came up, I did not transcribe the conversation for you.

It does not matter the exactness of the stories but rather that they are fables with oth meanings. I have seen complete lack of understanding by both American and Canadians in many things over my years. Both sides do have their own moments to recall. But it really is silly to take any part of the story , as anythingother then making a point.

The issue of the spelling of honour, is stupid as the english spell it our, and our American friends or. It does not mean that we can not understand what was said, only that the Americans do not follow what is called the Kings english standards.

The same can be said for the stories, we know that many Canadians did have some problems with Harper at first, being he was really a new entity. But now they have seen him as a man who does what he says and is also not afraid to bend when he has to and yake the hard course if events dictate it. That is what many people want in a government. Others take a total opposition to anything Harper, and will twist and turn everything he does as something bad. The recent polls show this has now not been successful. But I am sure that these same people who are paid to be here and do much of this, will not stop the mission, even when they are really shown to be wrong headed. That is what makes some of this interesting to some.

It does not matter the exactness of the stories but rather that they are fables with oth meanings. I have seen complete lack of understanding by both American and Canadians in many things over my years. Both sides do have their own moments to recall. But it really is silly to take any part of the story , as anythingother then making a point.
The stories happen to be 100%, literally true. The conversaionts start when some less bright Canadians assume I know nothing about Canada. I indulge them for a while and leave them feeling as dumb as they are after.
The issue of the spelling of honour, is stupid as the english spell it our, and our American friends or. It does not mean that we can not understand what was said, only that the Americans do not follow what is called the Kings english standards.
Bill Gates' Windows tells me I'm right.
The same can be said for the stories, we know that many Canadians did have some problems with Harper at first, being he was really a new entity. But now they have seen him as a man who does what he says and is also not afraid to bend when he has to and yake the hard course if events dictate it. That is what many people want in a government. Others take a total opposition to anything Harper, and will twist and turn everything he does as something bad. The recent polls show this has now not been successful. But I am sure that these same people who are paid to be here and do much of this, will not stop the mission, even when they are really shown to be wrong headed. That is what makes some of this interesting to some.
The idea of a politician doing what he says he'll do is anathema to some. Trust me, it's a great kind of leader to have. They are a lot easier to figure out than congenital liars like Trudeau, Chretien or Martin. Edited by jbg