Doom and Gloom forecast for Canada

I felt no need to apologise as I was merely returning your spurious insults.

Nice. Calling people moronic even when they disagree with you isn't instigating?

Anyone can look back on this thread and see that there was a reasonable discussion until July 16th when you and Kindred started calling me racist - and in your case, a white supremecist and a member of the KKK, so dry up. The same two who are now whining were the ones instigating. I admit I was wrong to respond in kind. I should have just reported you both.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can look back on this thread and see that there was a reasonable discussion until July 16th when you and Kindred started calling me racist - and in your case, a white supremecist and a member of the KKK, so dry up. The same two who are now whining were the ones instigating. I admit I was wrong to respond in kind. I should have just reported you both.

Your comments were based on racism. I went overboard and have apologized for that but I certainly have never called anyone a pedophile. But please don't act innocent and say that your remarks were not based on race. They were inflammatory and when I asked for some evidence to support your claims, you said you couldn't find any.

Your comments were based on racism. I went overboard and have apologized for that but I certainly have never called anyone a pedophile. But please don't act innocent and say that your remarks were not based on race. They were inflammatory and when I asked for some evidence to support your claims, you said you couldn't find any.

The comments which sent you into self-righteous fits were, I believe, about the number of immigrants making use of social services? You didn't ask for evidence. You asked for government provided statistics, which you apparently believed were the only acceptable evidence that immigrants abused social services.

What I said was I was not going to waste two hours or more trying to sift through government web sites to find statistics when I'm not even sure how or in what way they're kept. Especially since the word "immigration" in a search engine will lead to zillions of responses. I can see public housing projects filed with immigrants and refugees. I can see the crime reports daily (even if we deliberately don't keep any stats)

But being against immigration for any reason other than a presumed genetic superiority to immigrants, or a particular immigrant group, is not racist. Bob Rae once complained to the federal government about the tremendous cost to Ontario of providing social services to immigrants and refugees, and nobody called him a racist.

We bring in 250,000 odd immigrants and refugees a year and no one has been able to offer up a good reason for this beyond feel-good emotional bullshit.

The comments which sent you into self-righteous fits were, I believe, about the number of immigrants making use of social services? You didn't ask for evidence. You asked for government provided statistics, which you apparently believed were the only acceptable evidence that immigrants abused social services.

What I said was I was not going to waste two hours or more trying to sift through government web sites to find statistics when I'm not even sure how or in what way they're kept. Especially since the word "immigration" in a search engine will lead to zillions of responses.

But being against immigration for any reason other than a presumed genetic superiority to immigrants, or a particular immigrant group, is not racist. Bob Rae once complained to the federal government about the tremendous cost to Ontario of providing social services to immigrants and refugees, and nobody called him a racist.

We bring in 250,000 odd immigrants and refugees a year and no one has been able to offer up a good reason for this beyond feel-good emotional bullshit.

You know which comments you said where inflammatory. Go back and look them up yourself. You were not aruging against the policy but against the people. And those were the remarks that pushed it right into racist type statements.

But whatever. Let the moderator decide if your reponse to this was the wisest course. I'll take my lumps. You can take yours.

I have reported the exchange to the moderator. I'll take my reponsibility for my remarks. You can take yours.

So three days after the exchange, after you had apologised and the insults stopped, you're going to nobly report it to Greg?

Why do I suspect you're bored here, having arrived not much over a week ago, and not finding yourself especially comfortable with people who disagree with you, and are more than willing to get suspended if you can get someone else suspended with you?

I have reported the exchange to the moderator. I'll take my reponsibility for my remarks. You can take yours.

So three days after the exchange, after you had apologised and the insults stopped, you're going to nobly report it to Greg?

Why do I suspect you're bored here, having arrived not much over a week ago, and not finding yourself especially comfortable with people who disagree with you, and are more than willing to get suspended if you can get someone else suspended with you?

I have no problems with people who disagree with me. I apologized for my part in this and was waiting to see if it would diffuse somewhat from infammatory remarks. But you have no apologies and no regrets. And if this was an isolated incident, I'd probably forget about it. But I've observed a few other threads and have seen what amounts to standard operating procedure for you. You've been warned by others to settle down and granted, you've had it out with a few people but the common factor in a lot of this is you.

So, as I said, I will take my lumps if that is what is decided by the moderator. But certainly, you will too. Your remarks were inexcusable and you continue to justify them.

I have no problems with people who disagree with me. I apologized for my part in this and was waiting to see if it would diffuse somewhat from infammatory remarks.

And it did.

But you have no apologies and no regrets. And if this was an isolated incident, I'd probably forget about it. But I've observed a few other threads and have seen what amounts to standard operating procedure for you.

I do not mask my contempt for idiots well? I have a distressing tendency to tell people what I think of them after they call me names? Guilty on both counts.

You've been warned by others to settle down and granted, you've had it out with a few people but the common factor in a lot of this is you.

Nope. The common factor is that here, I don't have to bother looking for the proper politically correct words when I describe a situation. I don't have to worry about hurting someone's feelings or making them indignant when I refer to things. I don't need to offer up broad apologies and excuse first such as "I don't mean to imply that all.." Or "I wouldn't want you to think I meant to say... " I just say whatever I feel like saying. And if that offends someone, or they choose to twist it into something worse, well, too bad. Our media masks or hides all such complaints so thoroughly that a certain kind of mind gets apoplectic and hyper indignant to see me using unflattering words like "goat herder" to describe refugees (for example), or putting brackets around "canadian" to express my doubts about just how legimiate such claims are. Impolite? Sure it's impolite. But so what? The point is that people like you get into a towering rage over my not being more careful about the words I use and start calling me names. I sometimes just mock this, and sometimes I call them names back. look at Gerryhatrick. I actually went to the bother of further clarifying my words on Lebanese and citizenship, and it's like water off a duck's back. He's still in a towering indignant rage about my "hate" of Lebanese, just as you are of my "problem" with Africans.

So, as I said, I will take my lumps if that is what is decided by the moderator. But certainly, you will too. Your remarks were inexcusable and you continue to justify them.

Well, I suspect if Greg had seen things on the 16th he might well have suspended all three of us. But several days later, with things having settled down, you complaining after you had apologised and after I admited I shouldn't respond in kind to insults and after the conversation had returned to topic - well.... I see the complaint as self-serving, and perhaps akin to suicide bombings. You'll be happy to die if you can just take me with you.

You gave me the same advice and suggested I run myself.

I think you have must have some idea recognizing there is no legal way a country can deal with corrupt politicians and policies.

So why are you continually dispensing the same illogical advice when you must KNOW what you are saying simply will not achieve anything.

What does any other country do when they are not satisfied being ruled by a corrupt dictatorship?

I give that advice because of the endless complaining by some people who won't change their vote from the party they think is going to change things but doesn't.

And are you suggesting you are about to go on an armed conflict with the government because it is corrupt?

I am not suggesting anything. I am asking what you would suggest rather than repeat your senseless parrot type responses regarding not voting for Stephen Harper?

To keep repeating yourself illogically you know there is a problem and that problem cannot be resolved by conventional politics.

All I am saying is if you cannot offer alternative solutions please stop posting your repetitious illogical nonsense as you could then be considered the master and instigator of your own fate concerning insults directed at you.

Well, I suspect if Greg had seen things on the 16th he might well have suspended all three of us. But several days later, with things having settled down, you complaining after you had apologised and after I admited I shouldn't respond in kind to insults and after the conversation had returned to topic - well.... I see the complaint as self-serving, and perhaps akin to suicide bombings. You'll be happy to die if you can just take me with you.

I must have missed the part where you showed regret for your behavior.

And your analogies are just as inflammatory as ever. At any rate, it's academic. The moderator will do what he think is best for the boards. If he doesn't this time, I'm sure there'll be others where you'll get out of control again.

I am not suggesting anything. I am asking what you would suggest rather than repeat your senseless parrot type responses regarding not voting for Stephen Harper?

To keep repeating yourself illogically you know there is a problem and that problem cannot be resolved by conventional politics.

All I am saying is if you cannot offer alternative solutions please stop posting your repetitious illogical nonsense as you could then be considered the master and instigator of your own fate concerning insults directed at you.

I could not make heads of tails of your previous post about corrupt government because you said there was no legal way to deal with it. ? Elections are not a way to deal with it? Who is being illogical here? And who isn't offering alternative legal suggestions?

As for insults flying around, I'm taking responisbility for my part. I'm just confused by your post as to what legal and responsible means there are to provide a system that reflects your values.

You know which comments you said where inflammatory. Go back and look them up yourself. You were not aruging against the policy but against the people. And those were the remarks that pushed it right into racist type statements.

Is on this message board proposing to kill someone? No.

Is he on this message board admitting to to molesting children? No.

He's giving an opinion on a group of people that he doesn't like - WHO CARES! It's HIS OPINION AND FREEDOM TO FEEL HOW HE LIKES! This is what makes our Country free!!

And because you don't agree with it, it doesn't mean you need to go complaining to the authorities.

If you want authorities to censor people who don't agree with your viewpoints, then go to any mosque and you can have the Imam's will be sure to kick out anyone that doesn't go with the grain.

He has a right to be against immigrants and the people that come here for whatever reason he likes. It's his opinion and freedom of expression as a Canadian. If he's racist than so be it. It's his life.

Put things in presepective of who we all are and the country that we're in.

Few people are real racists. All people stereostype.. stereotyping is based of truth - that's why we do it.

The Liberals and CBC have programmed you to here a stereotype and label it as racism. You're wrong there my friend. You are just a brainwashed victim of the CBC, Liberals and modern Universities.

The Liberals and CBC have programmed you to here a stereotype and label it as racism. You're wrong there my friend. You are just a brainwashed victim of the CBC, Liberals and modern Universities.

How stereotypical!

If you are a liberal or enjoy the CBC you must be brainwashed. If you hate the liberals and wouldn't be caught dead watching the CBC you are a freethinker. :blink:

It was his responses that are in violation of these boards. You can check back on the boards to see what those are.

It was his responses that are in violation of these boards. You can check back on the boards to see what those are.

I'm beginning to sense a pattern of anal-rententiveness in your posts which is not the most adorable of personality traits.

I'm beginning to sense a pattern of anal-rententiveness in your posts which is not the most adorable of personality traits.

You're tendency to personal attacks that cross lines is one of your traits.

I was insulting your posts, not you.

Though I don't discount the possibility you also possess many unpleasant traits.

have a distressing tendency to tell people what I think of them after they call me names
he might well have suspended all three of us.
I noticed you including me in this name calling, personal insults thing and I object ...........

Sorry to dissapoint Argus but I have read every single post I have made on this thread and I dont see any that contain name calling or personal insults to you, or anyone.

I have pointed out that you appear woefully ignorant of the facts, and once quoted your remark about people being "pig ignorant" or "ignorant pigs" and "goat herders and pedophiles" back at you - but I didnt call you a moron, or a whore, or a pedophile, or whatever .........

Oh wait I said you come across as a bitter little man who life has dissapointed, because of the content of your posts, and yes I did call your a racist I think, because of the "Goat Herder" and other such name calling that I consider to be racist ........ Is THAT the horrible insult and name calling you refer to?

I reserve the right to object that saying someone using racial slurs is a racist is insulting them or calling them names. Not when the proof is there .......and they seem proud of being a racist.

You are way off base and out of line accusing others of having insulted you and called you names. To use a common phrase of yours ............... I believe "you are mistaken"

Though I don't discount the possibility you also possess many unpleasant traits.

In your responses, you were making personal attacks that clearly crossed lines. Why don't you admit it, apologize and (if you aren't banned anyways by the moderator), move on?

jeeze if being a reasonable, intellectual person who examines many sides of an issue before posting, and does their research so they dont appear to be ignorant is being "anal retentive" Then three cheers for all the anal retentive posters. Better to be anal than runaway oral with no connection between the brain and the keyboard or the mouth that spews without thought or reference -- ;)

Disclaimer: This post is a general observation on the merits of being anal retentive and addressed to no one in particular

In your responses, you were making personal attacks that clearly crossed lines. Why don't you admit it,

Already did.

apologize

Don't feel like it.

and (if you aren't banned anyways by the moderator), move on?

Are you stalking me? Do I need to close my curtains when I undress?

jeeze if being a reasonable, intellectual person who examines many sides of an issue before posting, and does their research so they dont appear to be ignorant is being "anal retentive"

No, that would be being ME.

You two on the other hand.... :rolleyes: