Doom and Gloom forecast for Canada

You could run yourself.

You see, it is hard to take complaints on policy seriously when people don't actually plan on voting against that policy.

Exactly!

But Canadians have been Liberal conditioned and many don't know which way is up any more.

When a federal government dwells for years and years on language policies, cultural policies, foreign third world immigration and with the Constitution being tinkered with in a cultural sense screws up the political mentality of many Canadians who do not know what standing up for their own cultural rights means anymore.

Federal parties have been culturally Liberal hogtied.

Outside of a revolution, I simply don't knoe what the answer is.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!

But Canadians have been Liberal conditioned and many don't know which way is up any more.

When a federal government dwells for years and years on language policies, cultural policies, foreign third world immigration and with the Constitution being tinkered with in a cultural sense screws up the political mentality of many Canadians who do not know what standing up for their own cultural rights means anymore.

Ball is in Harper's court now. He seems pretty sincere on the immigration issue. If that is the case, why reward him with a majority? Vote against him.

So screw Albertas needs? We can't get people to come here and work, you acknowledge this problem and still tell us too bad so sad but bugger off?

To repeat: I do not believe a shortage of workers is that big a problem. Who is it hurting? A shortage of jobs is quite different.

And also to repeat, we can direct the next 100,000 refugees straight to Alberta if you like.

So screw Albertas needs? We can't get people to come here and work, you acknowledge this problem and still tell us too bad so sad but bugger off?

To repeat: I do not believe a shortage of workers is that big a problem. Who is it hurting? A shortage of jobs is quite different.

And also to repeat, we can direct the next 100,000 refugees straight to Alberta if you like.

If you believe it is something that Ottawa is reponsible for, then you have no choice but to lobby Harper.

He seems set on immigration so you should vote against him.

If you believe it is something that Ottawa is reponsible for, then you have no choice but to lobby Harper.

He seems set on immigration so you should vote against him.

We KNOW without question that voting Liberal or NDP means big immigration. We don't yet know about the Tories, and what they might do or want to do about immigration. We won't know until they have a majority, and even then they have to move slowly. As the original writer said, Trudeau could cut immigration by 25% and not draw any accusations. But if Harper does it the howls will ring out, and he and his party are particularly vulnerable to racism charges. That's why I don't expect a lot in a minority.

We KNOW without question that voting Liberal or NDP means big immigration. We don't yet know about the Tories, and what they might do or want to do about immigration. We won't know until they have a majority, and even then they have to move slowly. As the original writer said, Trudeau could cut immigration by 25% and not draw any accusations. But if Harper does it the howls will ring out, and he and his party are particularly vulnerable to racism charges. That's why I don't expect a lot in a minority.

Harper said in his speech recently that he will continue with immigration as it stands. And yet you will vote for him. And you will vote for him even if he doesn't do what you want years from now.

Why don't you vote for someone else? Your complaints on immigration are not that important to you that you will put up with years of the same policy? Why don't you run yourself?

Toronto the Good

By

James Bredin

Half the people in Toronto are working day and night,

The other half are stuck in gridlock traffic out of sight,

The politicians at City Hall are up to their necks,

Counting homeless criminals which could be complex.

As they tax, travel, spend and pompously pretend,

Though gun shots in the night they still can’t comprehend,

They said they’d fix these problems with the nightly guns fights,

And everyone could claim Trudeau-Chretien Charter Rights.

And just for that they periodically doubled their pay,

No recall, no referendums and they never go away,

They cater to their ethnic power base so they stay,

Have an answer to every question because of their survey.

So they made a declaration that they were the best,

Add soft-on-crime judges and don’t get too depressed,

And if you happen to get shot on the street at night,

You should not have been there and you’re not very bright.

The routine nightly murders are listed daily on page eight,

Never on page one and there’s no need for debate,

The mayor is probably in Paris being busy over there,

He carries a cell phone so he’s never unaware.

No air of desperation and no changes in sight,

The street people have taken over with all their might,

Panhandlers by the dozen at every bend in the street,

No peace and tranquility and no need to be discreet.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Toronto the Good

By

James Bredin

There once was a guy who sucks

at poetry, rhyming and...well, you know

He wrote such terrible prose

For which we hold our nose

We'd like to run him over with trucks

If this is a rhyme-off, uh, you lose.

If the truth be known I would like to run for office, but not just yet. I have said it before, I am an Alberta separtist. The time to take action will be soon though. Harper must kow tow to eastern Canada to gain a majority. When he does that there will be pressure to tap into Alberta wealth in the form of an NEP2 type of program. If he is dumb enough to sell his soul and take the bait he will loss support out here but still gain a majority overall. At that point Albertans will be seriously looking at their options.

Meanwhile back at the ranch King Ralph has bailed, thank God! Whatever partisan lackie they install into that job this fall will determine which direction Alberta will take with respect to the feds. The guy that takes a hard line on provincial rights will likely be the winner in this contest. Fed bashing is a favorite pastime over here.

It's kind of like a one party state in Alberta. Is there room for an independent candidate?

To quote the Who:

The party on the left, is now parting on the right...

The world looks just the same, and history ain't changed...

We won't get fooled again, no no.

Exactly!

Ball is in Harper's court now. He seems pretty sincere on the immigration issue. If that is the case, why reward him with a majority? Vote against him.

In favor of what alternative?

You could run independently.

If it is that important and you don't think Harper will do it, do it yourself. Otherwise, the complaining here isn't really sincere.

Repeatedly, some have said this is all Ottawa's doing. Well, Harper's in charge. He has said he is continuing the policy. Vote him out.

You could run independently.

If it is that important and you don't think Harper will do it, do it yourself. Otherwise, the complaining here isn't really sincere.

Repeatedly, some have said this is all Ottawa's doing. Well, Harper's in charge. He has said he is continuing the policy. Vote him out.

If that were Canada's only important issue, and if others would do a better job, sure. I don't think either is true.

If that were Canada's only important issue, and if others would do a better job, sure. I don't think either is true.

You're not a single issue voter. From some of the comments here, you would think it was the only issue.

But it does make you think when people complain incessantly about it. Go to Harper, I say. Run for office. Don't try to convince us here. Some people won't follow their own convictions.

Yes, now for only half a million dollars you can buy a two bedroom shack a mere hour and a half commute from Vancouver! BC is crowded, dirty and crime-ridden, its schools overrun with foreigners who don't speak English. Canadian kids are now foreigners in their own land, surrounded by a sea of Cantonese and Mandarin speaking kids.
10 April 2006: The Swiss cities of Geneva and Zurich offer the best quality of life according to research published by Mercer Consulting in April 2006. Vancouver (Canada) is placed third, followed by Vienna (Austria), Auckland (New Zealand) and Düsseldorf (Germany). Baghdad, not surprisingly, is the lowest ranking city in the survey.

Those damn immigrants have really ruined Vancouver and all of BC all right .......... you get some erratic thought in your head and just run with it ....... no research, no facts, nothing to back it up ........ I cant find real numbers of immgrants or refugees on social assistance. I did find one report that gave the overall number as 8% but it isnt what I would consider a "solid stat".

Those damn immigrants have really ruined Vancouver and all of BC all right .......... you get some erratic thought in your head and just run with it ....... no research, no facts, nothing to back it up ........ I cant find real numbers of immgrants or refugees on social assistance. I did find one report that gave the overall number as 8% but it isnt what I would consider a "solid stat".

And then the critics can't bring themselves to vote for someone other than Harper. Makes you wonder.

You're not a single issue voter. From some of the comments here, you would think it was the only issue.

But it does make you think when people complain incessantly about it. Go to Harper, I say. Run for office. Don't try to convince us here. Some people won't follow their own convictions.

You give me too much credit. I'm not a Canadian, hence not a "voter" in any sense when it comes to Harper.

You give me too much credit. I'm not a Canadian, hence not a "voter" in any sense when it comes to Harper.

I was not referring to you on this particular thread. I was referring to the people who have been making this a prime issue in Canada who did vote for Harper last time.

Back to square one. Canadians vote against things, not for them. Remember how much Mulroney was hated? It got so bad he decided to retire, and left Kim Campbell in charge. She gets to hold the bag for reducing a majority government down to less than party status in the Commons. She didn'even get elected herself as the sitting Prime Minister and the party couldn't overflow a love seat!

Canadians vote against things. In other words we are docile enough to allow our politicians to have a free hand in governing until a breaking point is reached and the politicians are surprised and removed. In some ways this is good, but in some it is bad. The entire design of the parlimentary system embodies the centralization of power and authority. Parliment is a place of patronage and partisan cant. There is little democracy within the House of Commons 99% of the time partisan rule is the means of government. More power is concentrated in a Prime Ministers Office than there is in the office of a President. From the basic foundations the representative parlimentary system is about the consolidation of political power. By design the government in its legislative efforts must be opposed in order to alter its chosen path of pubic policy. The citizens of the country simply reflect this political structure in their own efforts and vote against things.

Until public attitudes are changed into supporting things instead of opposing things there will be little improvement in our interactive democracy. At the moment only special interest groups choose to support and lobby for specific political endeavors. The public gathers against policy, and special interest groups gather for legislative effort. Guess who wins mist of the time? We are being leveraged by special interest groups and partisan efforts, but that is not true democracy by any definition.

All of this occurs because we lack sufficient national political will to effect beneficial change. That is a result of ineffective leadership being unable to bring adequate demographics to bear in a specific direction. In this nation there is a concentrated effort to engage efforts in the political centre because this is the largest demographic according to the spin doctors and strategists. However, these so called experts are wrong. The largest demographic in this nation, and in many others if the truth be known, is the apathetic voter. There are numerous political parties in Canada all competing for public support but many citizens are so fed up with the progress of political efforts they simply give up in a democratic sense and stop voting. These numbers have been growing for years and have now reached their current levels which now represent a majority percentage of all potential voters.

The first leader to promote democratic change based on the empowerment of the individual will be able to convert the apathetic voter into a supporter of their cause. The apathetic voter will not be democratically inspired until that time and will continue to detract from political efforts of others, and allow the system of voting against something dominate the political landscape. Canada needs a leader.

Yes, now for only half a million dollars you can buy a two bedroom shack a mere hour and a half commute from Vancouver! BC is crowded, dirty and crime-ridden, its schools overrun with foreigners who don't speak English. Canadian kids are now foreigners in their own land, surrounded by a sea of Cantonese and Mandarin speaking kids.
10 April 2006: The Swiss cities of Geneva and Zurich offer the best quality of life according to research published by Mercer Consulting in April 2006. Vancouver (Canada) is placed third, followed by Vienna (Austria), Auckland (New Zealand) and Düsseldorf (Germany). Baghdad, not surprisingly, is the lowest ranking city in the survey.

Those damn immigrants have really ruined Vancouver and all of BC all right .......... you get some erratic thought in your head and just run with it ....... no research, no facts, nothing to back it up ........

Just having been there, and having friends and family living there. But what do I know compared to a survey conducted by an executive headhunting firm, most of whose clients will make use of private schools, private health care, and limosine services.

Crappy little house

Really Crappy House

Until public attitudes are changed into supporting things instead of opposing things there will be little improvement in our interactive democracy.

Canadian are their own worst enemies, because of their complete apathy concerning anything other then themselves we have a Medical System that is killing people, we have a Government that RAISED taxes on low income earners and cut the GST (big deal) which ONLY benefits the wealthy making big ticket purchases, yah if you save 1% on a yacht its a big deal, or on a $100,000.00 vehicle or plane ....... for the rest of us it means f**k all - ALL the changes since Harper got in have been to benefit the wealthy and penalize the low to middle income earners.

But hey we're Canadians, we will just roll over and take it and not say a word .......

All the money scandals and partonisim and we dont say a word ........

Wages are dropping for low to mid income earners and we dont say a word ......

Union busting, we are losing our benefits and we dont say a word ......

One of the worst Social Assistance and Disability pensions in the world, and we dont say a word .....

Our soldiers, who enlisted thinking they would be Peace Keepers, didnt enlist knowing Canada was going to become part of a war over oil, didnt know they would be supporting Bush's war of terror - and we dont say a word, even though they are coming home in body bags, ....... silence ..........

In Canada its every man, woman and child for themselves ..... we have no collective consciousness ......

Canadians arent peaceful, easy going, nice people, they just dont give a damn about anyone other then themselves ...............their own personal situation .........

Argus you just really come across as a very bitter person who, as I said, hasnt had the life you think you should have had, and you and your friends are all "marginalized".

Just having been there, and having friends and family living there
Its really sad that you and your friends and family live in ghettos and are forced to associate with visible minorities, given your racist rants and prejudices that must be very hard for you having a "goat herder" living next door ....

I lived at the coast for a year, and it was great, never saw any of the crap you want everyone to believe is everywhere, out of control, epidemic, but then I didnt haunt "the ghettos" either, if they exist ....

And heres something you might think of, if you are shopping for a house and want a "deal" dont look at houses in areas that have been rezoned for multiple housing development such as the two examples you posted here -

I dont know why the things you post always amaze me ! You would think I would be used to the fact by now thats its going to contain ignorance, and this time its ignorance over the price of multiple housing development zones and the value of the land, not the house itself ......... :blink: $289.000.00 in an areas rezoned for multiple housing is NOT a lot of money - it looks like a damn good deal in fact. B)

You really are just kind of floundering through life arent you, looking for someone to blame and hate for your situation ........... You should be spending all the time you spend on line getting an education and improving your situation.

Vote for change ! Instead of getting up a mad for whoever is our Governing party and voting AGAINST them to "pay them back" for whatever you think they did to you ............

One of the biggest stumbling blocks to "facilitating" Immigrants into Canadian society is people like you, Argus, racists who hate everyone who isnt white ...... who blame their own problems on the most visible target.

Employers who exploit Immigrants and Refugees are also to blame.

A Settlement Program that selects and floods an area with new arrivals. Yes it happens and the Government should NOT be selecting landlords who come to them and say "I have 45 apartments to rent, fill 'em up for me".

A Government that cuts funding for ESL programs, Employment programs and Settlement programs.

It comes down to two things, (1) a Government that sees new arrivals as being "less equal" in terms of housing and employment, wages and benefits and floods selected residential areas with them. And also cuts funding to Settlement and Language programs.

(2) And racist jerks and individuals who are hostile and exploitive of new arrivals.

An Immigrant with a degree is usually paid less than a Canadian with the same degree, and the length of time in Canada has no impact on this discrepency. Imagine how "equal" minimum wage refugees are treated by employers. :blink:

Too many people see Immigration and Refugee claimants as "slave labour". Wahoo ! If they complain we will tell them we can "send them back", they dont know an employer cant do that :angry:

The most common threat to Immigrants and Refugess, by "nice" Canadians, "if you dont do as I say, shut up and accept what I pay you, I will see that you are "sent back" to where ever the hell you came from"

Why do they want to come to Canada? They think Canadians are "nice" and "non-racist" - SURPRISE !