act of terrorism

Isn't messing with our hydro service an act of terrorism? I live in Simcoe, my power was out from Monday at 3Pm Till Wed at 3:55 Am. My fridge and frezzer products are now curbside for garbage collection. My Place of Employment was also closed so I have lost wages on top of that. This is a peaceful protest? Who will compensate my family?

sahara:

"Who will compensate my family?"

geez....is money all you think about? The first time the slightest thing goes wrong and its "where is my money"?

Did you send in a demand for cash back in August of 2004? My power was out for a full week. Lost my food and everything.

.....and the reason was that someone in the States didn't follow proper procedure.

The Sun says power is back on in Kaledonia, so yours should be on soon.

...and watchout for terrorists. I understand they were acting poorly with the police on monday, as evidenced by this from today's Sun:

"Haldimand County OPP Const. Paula Wright confirmed police arrested one man Monday night for breach of peace. The man, who was protesting with the townspeople, was later released. Police are also investigating incidents of looting on the Douglas Creek estates, Wright said. Several police officers received minor injuries from residents who volleyed projectiles like rocks, eggs, fireworks and a hockey stick during Monday's tense face-off, Wright said.

Townspeople were livid that OPP formed lines facing only their camp and tempers ignited when police shone two floodlights on the residents while the natives were unsupervised.

"Projectiles were being thrown at the officers so it was important for the officers to see what was going on," Wright said, insisting the OPP acted professionally. "

If you kept the freezer and fridge door closed, it could have lasted a few hours, the freezer especialy. To bad you wasted all your food. But you chucked it out after an hour? I am calling bull on this one.

An hour, two days....

It is terrorism, the people there have a right to be ticked off.

How the heck did your ancestors ever survive?

They obviously weren't city folk.

When the power goes off around here we consider that a blessing in the summer and a mere inconvenience in the winter. For one thing, it's a lot quieter without the tv blaring and my wife is a lot friendlier at night when it's a bit cold.

Quit whining.....

If you kept the freezer and fridge door closed, it could have lasted a few hours, the freezer especialy. To bad you wasted all your food. But you chucked it out after an hour? I am calling bull on this one.

It was a alot longer then an hour did you read what I wrote?

How the heck did your ancestors ever survive?

They obviously weren't city folk.

When the power goes off around here we consider that a blessing in the summer and a mere inconvenience in the winter. For one thing, it's a lot quieter without the tv blaring and my wife is a lot friendlier at night when it's a bit cold.

Quit whining.....

I'm sure my ancestors were well prepared for the living conditions to which "THEY WERE ACCUSTOMED" as is my family. There will be quite a few insurance claims on our house insurance policys for loss of food due to power outage. NOt one of my neighbors, friends or coworkers salvalged anything from their freezers. My mother-in-law (retired on a fixed income) lost half a beef she purchased less then a month ago. If it was a "act" of god it wouldn't hurt as much as a act of violence,terrorism and destruction. Come drive down our city streets and see the bags upon bags of garbage(food) local residents are throwing out. Not everyone can afford to restock the larder.

[Did you send in a demand for cash back in August of 2004? My power was out for a full week. Lost my food and everything.

As a matter of fact I did The city of Chatham(where I lived at the time)issued checks to citizens for any bottled water and containers they purchased and I cliamed lost food on my insurance. Didn't you?

Sahara:

My mother-in-law (retired on a fixed income) lost half a beef she purchased less then a month ago.

Do you think she'd be interested in a bunch of bread and cheese (mild cheddar, I believe)?

Quite the funny fellow....but if your offering ...perhaps....as there will be quite a few empty dinner Tables in SImcoe tonight.........

Sahara,

I think there is a class action lawsuit against the provincial government for failing to deal with the problems of the last few months.

I'm not a lawyer, but maybe you should speak to one about suing the six nations for their disruption of your life. The chiefs had supported such action up until yesterday, so they should assume the financial responsibility for their decisions.

Photograph the rotten food and inventory it, keep track of your lost hours. Whether or not there is a legal path, any provincial compensation will require this evidence. In our flooding last year, my grandparents didn't get full compensation because they just chucked out the spoiled food. Keep this in mind.

But before releasing any of your rights to further legal action through any settlement with the government, consult legal advice for sure.