Happy Anniversary

I offer my condolences to those victims and their families that were murdered in New York on this day, 2 years ago.

I also offer my condolences to those people murdered on this day 30 years ago, in Chile. The US helped murder a democratically elected leader and aided and abetted the takeover by a brutal dictator to control that country for more than 20 years, by the name of Augusto Pinochet.

All murder is wrong.

Going to say this as nicely as possible. If you are going to mention 911 today and offer condolences try to either do it with genuine feelings or not at all. To use it simply as a prop or a lead in for your second para - anti US bashing is a slap in the face to all who died and their heartbroken families. I know the point you were tryng to make but won't dignify it with a response on this thread.

Quite. To entitle the thread "Happy Anniversary" is quite possibly the most crass, insensitive and offensive thing you could have done here. Please remind me to come to the funerals of your children and dishonour their memories by casting aspersions on their character.

Dear all,

My condolences to the victims is sincere. I will apologize for the reference to 'Happy'.

It is my contention that the US, and 'the 'American Way', can be directly attributed credit for, or implicated in, all those deaths mentioned above.

I guess I am becoming too 'Americanized', for I have used 'shock value' with no regard for morality to profit for myself.

while its certainly not polite, i dont think its unfair to compare americans assisting General pinochet to overthrow a democratically elected gov and kill tens of thousands of innocents with 9/11.

if saudi arabia toppled my government and helped to kill my family and terrorize my nation, i would be tempted to suicide bomb them too.

the grief that america feels is felt 10 fold by its victims, and on this very sad day, nothing more valuable can be gained then insight. all life is precious. americans are not more human then the Chileans were. that fact that the CIA helped to draw up lists thousands and thousands of possible resistance leaders who were all executed by death squads should ring as loudly as the services at ground zero.

SirRiff

3,016 died needlessly. While around 2,700 were Americans, few of those deaceased were responsible for the feelings of hate those hijackers acted on.

However, never place an American life above another.

We should be mourning the loss of life in Kashmir.

We should be mourning the Rwandian Genocide.

We should be mourning the thousands that die everyday.

I just glanced back at this thread expecting maybe somebody was saying something like RIP, or reflecting on how sad it was but then I see people using this as a vehicle to spew fault. Is there not enough Pro/Anti America threads on this board where we can argue blame, fault, political agenda that we have to use a mistitled one? Today? Give it a rest on this one here, these people were victims, let them have some slack on this thread.