OntarioLiberal Party

I think my post in another thread sums up my feelings towards the Ontario liberal party...

This Ontario Liberal government makes me wish for the sweet surrender of death...yay vote for me we won't raise taxes....oops sorry I raised your taxes by a large amount...yay vote for me i'll stop a construction project near toronto that is being built in a 'cherished natural area'....oops there are already buildings going up and i can't stop it aren't i red in the face....yay vote for me we'll clean up the environment....oops didn't think shutting down powerplants without power to replace them would be a problem, guess i was wrong again!

We're paying more and getting less literally in the case of the health premiums...he imposed that tax, then he took away chriropractic coverage, and basic eye care coverage! What I don't need sight to work!! That isn't a necessity? If my back was totally out somehow I am not entitled to a little chiropractic coverage to get me back to work to provide for my family/be productive in the economy? What is the point of this health care system if it isn't covering the necessities!?

I love that no one even tried to defned the party after i posted that a while back...could it be that no one here is FOR the current party in power in Ontario?

I think my post in another thread sums up my feelings towards the Ontario liberal party...
This Ontario Liberal government makes me wish for the sweet surrender of death...yay vote for me we won't raise taxes....oops sorry I raised your taxes by a large amount...yay vote for me i'll stop a construction project near toronto that is being built in a 'cherished natural area'....oops there are already buildings going up and i can't stop it aren't i red in the face....yay vote for me we'll clean up the environment....oops didn't think shutting down powerplants without power to replace them would be a problem, guess i was wrong again!

We're paying more and getting less literally in the case of the health premiums...he imposed that tax, then he took away chriropractic coverage, and basic eye care coverage! What I don't need sight to work!! That isn't a necessity? If my back was totally out somehow I am not entitled to a little chiropractic coverage to get me back to work to provide for my family/be productive in the economy? What is the point of this health care system if it isn't covering the necessities!?

I love that no one even tried to defned the party after i posted that a while back...could it be that no one here is FOR the current party in power in Ontario?

I agree with every word you said.

May I add how he promised not to unfreeze tuition fees and then unfroze them anyway? The only promise he kept was to raise minimum wage which resulted in lots of shifts and jobs getting cut. Not to mention young entrants to the labour force who cannot find any kind of job.

Thanks a lot, McGuinty.

I generally support McGuinty and what he has done, except for the fact that he is running deficits in a time of strong global growth, and that he hasn't lowered any taxes. Things like the tuition hikes, subway extension, and delayed closure of coal power plants needed to be done, and I'm glad he did take action on those fronts. IMV, eyecare has no place being under the public healthcare system, because it isn't "life dependant". If you extend public financing to optometrists, then the argument comes forth for public dental, and then on and on.

I generally support McGuinty and what he has done, except for the fact that he is running deficits in a time of strong global growth, and that he hasn't lowered any taxes. Things like the tuition hikes, subway extension, and delayed closure of coal power plants needed to be done, and I'm glad he did take action on those fronts. IMV, eyecare has no place being under the public healthcare system, because it isn't "life dependant". If you extend public financing to optometrists, then the argument comes forth for public dental, and then on and on.

regarding running deficits - it is quite clear that this government is running a deficit when it needen't be..look at the latest budget with the windfalls of cash going to the municipalities, and all the other "good news" :rolleyes:

hasn't lowered taxes???!!! - he raised them by a large sum infact, and in turn we recieved reduced services...need i say more...

Tuition hikes... -ok not a big deal I realize how well students in Ontario have it we basically only pay for a 1/4 the cost of our actual education, and bear in mind this is coming from a student. However these hikes are coming at a time when there needen't be a deficit!

subway extension - if you live in T.O. yay...if not who cares.

delayed closure of coal powerplants - ya they are shutting down the 'evil' coal fired power plants and replacing the reduced output with...? Why not keep the low cost coal plants running, and set a timeframe for implementation of zero emission scrubbers on those plants...still be less i would imagine than constructing new nuclear plants, and suffering in the short term with insufficient power generation. Texas is currently experimenting with such scrubbers by the way...as well as another canadian province in partnership with texas (can't remember which province)

your argument regarding eyecare, and imv VS. dental for example is interesting. However an argument that dental is differnet that the former two examples could also be waged, and waged quite successfully....however i don't have the time..must go..

Ever try and cross the street while nearsighted without glasses? It's pretty damned life dependant, fellah.

I've always disliked McGuinty. I thought he was a pathetic schmuck years ago before he "reinvented" himself with the help of pricy American spin doctors. He got a new haircut, lost the glasses, and actually changed his voice, his manner of speaking. For a long while, until he got the act down pat, he sounded like a pint sized John Wayne immitator every time he talked into a camera. He always had this scowl - apparently because they told him it made him look less weak, and his jaw was stuck out beligerantly.

I don't think I ever saw a politician after that who could match the level of pure phoneyness of Dalton McGuinty. Everything about him is fake, including, apparently, all of his promises. I will be a very happy man when he goes.