Massive Immigration

Topic should be Massive Immigration Demonstrations

Since when is the U.S. obligated to allow unchecked immigration and what right do illegal immigrants have to make demands of the U.S. It will take some guts by congress to pass the bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189110,00.html

Thousands Across America Rally for Immigrants' Rights

Sunday, March 26, 2006

LOS ANGELES — Immigration rights advocates more than 500,000 strong marched in downtown Los Angeles, demanding that Congress abandon attempts to make helping illegal immigrants a crime and to build more walls along the border.

The massive demonstration, one of half dozen around the nation in recent days, came as President Bush prodded Republican congressional leaders to give some illegal immigrants a chance to work legally in the U.S. under certain conditions.

and...Everyone deserves a better life

Why not punish(1/2 million $ fine per person) corporations that hire "illegal" immigrants in the first place instead of punishing the immigrants. People flock to the US because they know they can get a job illegally.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the bill is also about, It would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the bill is also about, It would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border.

Fast track all "illegal" immigrant that are currently in the US through citizenship and make it a felony for corporations to hire "illegal" immigrants. Don't make it a felony to be an illegal immigrant, this amounts to attacking the symptoms and not the source which is the businesses themselves who engage in this practice. Why would there be illegal immigration if there are no jobs available. No one will jump the border if they end up worst off than they were before.

My two lefty cents.

Don't illegally work in a country and you won't be arrested. Pretty common sense to me.
I would rather see the money put into deporting illegal immigrants and put a limit on the number of appeals.
So are the corporations though, and they need to be equally punished.
Its not just corporations: how many families hire nannies that are illegals? Illegal immigraion exists because people can find jobs. The only way to stop the problem is to crack down on employers who hire illegals.

I would offer citizenship to the first illegal immigrant that rats on an employer that hires illegals (provided someone ends up going to jail). This would virtually guarantee that any employer hiring illegals will be shutdown pretty quickly.

Don't illegally work in a country and you won't be arrested. Pretty common sense to me.

They are breaking the law, why should they have immunity?

Why not attack the root of the problem. Make it a felony for corporations (or individual families for that matter) to hire "illegal" immigrants in the first place. People cross the border as illegal immigrants because corporations break the law in the first place.

If we punish both like you said, who do you think pays the biggest price, the large corporation or the lowly immigrant in search of a better life. Making "illegal" immigration a felony will not stop people from wanting a better life.

I don't care about this issue one way or the other, but I think the answer to your question is because they're providing a needed economic service. That's why Bush is defending them.

So are the corporations though, and they need to be equally punished.

Exactly, mein gotte - why do these protesters think that they should have an unfettered right to stay and work in a country they came to illegally? Every country has a right to determine who or what it thinks is best for that country, not what is best for people who want to break the law. Its about time they took a firmer stand against those on both sides who break the law.