NationStates

na85

Obviously this isn't about Canadian politics per se, but there's really no off-topic section.

Anyone play Nation States? It's a political simulator of sorts where you create a country and run it any way you like.

I will be setting my country up this weekend...mid-terms the last few weeks have kept me a little crazy... :)

Actually this is alot of fun!

MY country is the Empire of the CanadianIrishmen, and my currency is the Keg.

"The Empire of CanadianIrishmen is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. CanadianIrishmen's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the keg."

The Chandrino of Ericabreen is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.975 billion are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.

Amnesty Interregional has condemned Ericabreen for ignoring crimes against humanity, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ericabreen's national animal is the woman leprachaun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the chandra.

Ericabreen is ranked 77th in the region and 4,506th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments.

I'm currently in the middle of a transition from being the UN category "Capitalizt" to "Free market paradise"

website for this game? linky? anything??????

closest to that i have played was superpower (and super power 2) not bad games, supposedly backed up by CIA and Nato military estimates for equipment/size of each nations military, and at the start of the game at least the governments in every country are close to what they really are. but not realistic. in 50 years i (using Canada) had taken over the planet, and nuked the US and Russia at the same time.

hahaha.. my country is listed as:

"Scandinavian Liberal Paradise"

You two...distracting me from mid-term study...good thing the exam is tomorrow so I can set my country up and invade uOttawaman's "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" with it's minimal defence spending.

Let's see: aside from a mandatory draft and military service for all men aged 18-24, how else can I make my country powerful... :blink:

"The Republic of Tenetia is a tiny, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A robust private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving industries.

Crime is moderate. Tenetia's national animal is the cheetah and its currency is the tenetian dollar ."

website for this game? linky? anything??????

closest to that i have played was superpower (and super power 2) not bad games, supposedly backed up by CIA and Nato military estimates for equipment/size of each nations military, and at the start of the game at least the governments in every country are close to what they really are. but not realistic. in 50 years i (using Canada) had taken over the planet, and nuked the US and Russia at the same time.

www.nationstates.net

"The Dominion of Stress Ball is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.

The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 5%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Retail industry.

Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Stress Ball's national animal is the human and its currency is the dollar."

The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare.

Sounds almost like the liberals

The average income tax rate is 5%.

.... maybe not

Na,

Quick question.

What do you do about telegrams? Is it wise to respond to these?

Next, we have to answer another question about our country everyday? (i.e. today was compulsory voting).

Obviously this isn't about Canadian politics per se, but there's really no off-topic section.

Anyone play Nation States? It's a political simulator of sorts where you create a country and run it any way you like.

I will be setting my country up this weekend...mid-terms the last few weeks have kept me a little crazy... :)

You at school in Montreal tml? I had no idea... what are you taking?

I'm setting up my country now, despite that I have an impossible mid-term tomorrow! :D

The Holy Republic of Geofferites is doing pretty good.

I'm a small economic powerhouse, with some political rights and where civil rights are unheard of.

The Holy Republic of Geofferites is a tiny, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.

The tiny, moralistic, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.

Just how I like it. Apparently I have a "right-wing utopia".

The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare.

Sounds almost like the liberals

The average income tax rate is 5%.

.... maybe not

Na,

Quick question.

What do you do about telegrams? Is it wise to respond to these?

Next, we have to answer another question about our country everyday? (i.e. today was compulsory voting).

You technically don't have to answer a question every day, but if you have more than 5 in your "to do list" then they stop piling up. The only requirement is that you log in and do something once every 30 days, or else your account expires.

What region are you guys in? Want to start our own region? We could ask Greg for a forum to discuss nationstates issues.

As for the telegrams, whether or not you respond to them is entirely up to you. Generally, if it is someone trying to get you to move to another region, I would recommend blocking them. Otherwise, respond or ignore at your own whims. Quid pro quo: Messages from the "Compliance Ministry" or whatever are automated and will ignore any replies sent.

As for the telegrams, whether or not you respond to them is entirely up to you. Generally, if it is someone trying to get you to move to another region, I would recommend blocking them. Otherwise, respond or ignore at your own whims. Quid pro quo: Messages from the "Compliance Ministry" or whatever are automated and will ignore any replies sent.

I doubt I'll reply. My country will grow on its own right.