Paul Martin's hate-speech ads

Drea:

Our boys (and girls) are dying in Afghanistan.... Harper would have them dying in Iraq... Harper is associated with the religious right... GWB (his hero) is an evangelical Christian. Their (evangelical's) attitude (I said attitude, not actions!) are pretty much exactly the same as the Islamic fundamentalist. And this man wants to run our country!

As a member of the military, I'd like to know what it is your actually trying to say here. That we are better off dying in Afganistan...A mission that has brought more grief to the liberal party than any other mission due to poor equipment, not enough equipment, which can be attributed to the deaths of some of our soldiers, or atleast putting them in undo harm.

Or we'd be worse off Dying in Iraq under the conservatives that would actually spend more money ensuring that we would have at least safer equipment and in quanties that we need. or so they say.

Honey, I probably make more dough (and therefore pay more taxes) than you LOL. So yes, it's ME who is paying this traitor's salary.

Really? Because it's really hard to believe, from reading your ludicrous, hate-filled spew, that you are capable of doing anything of value.

The point is that Harper thinks we are all on welfare, that Canada is a "nanny state".

The term "welfare state" does not imply 'everyone" is on welfare, and we ARE a nanny state.

As far as I'm concerned Harper owes the Canadian public an apology for slamming his country, period.

Wait! I see Drea with a hardhat and a flag bedecked T-shirt, hand over heart, back rigid, head upturned, a hate filled scowl covering his/her face as the national anthem plays! "America, love it or leave it!" he snarls at anyone who dares question the perfection of the American dream!

Well, maybe not "america", because Drea hates America, though no doubt Drea hates bigotry too - which again just shows the level of self delusion involved here. Substitute "Canada' and you get the same mentality but in a different country. Still ignorance masking as patriotism, though.

One of the great failings of democracy, I think, is that ignorant people are allowed to vote. There ought to at least be an IQ test to sort out the cretins. Maybe we'd get a better breed of politicians, then.

These ads have made this the funniest election in my memory and that's quite a few of them.

The only problem is that it is now becoming impossible to distinguish the real ones from the jokes.

Here look what I mean:

Harper expresses secret admiration for American conservatives "behind closed doors".

Real or joke? Real, but what are they trying to say? Is the Conservative Party leader secretly conservative or are they pointing out a lack of secret agendas.

Harper has a dragon, he keeps it in a shed. Stephen Harper drinks his own blood.

Real or joke? Joke, he keeps the dragon in the basement and everyone knows he drinks only Unicorn blood.

Harper will put armed soldiers on every street corner.

Real or joke. Real transcript of approved ad. Harper never said he would do this but even if it happened some day this is not much of a threat? Everyone in the Canadian military is extemely well trained and has excellent discipline. There is no time that I can remember when the CF threatened Canadians. Besides a soldier on my corner would allow me to sleep better at night because my neighborhood has a serious crime problem. Do you hear that Mr. Harper? I want a Canadian soldier...With a big machine gun...Permanently stationed on my corner...Right now. Thank you very much.

Ain't gonna happen but it was a nice fantasy while it lasted.

Anyways, see how hard it is to tell the real ads from the jokes.

The ad speaks nothing but the truth.

Did Harper slam his own beloved country to the US? Yes he did and he should apologize profusely for doing so.

The "speech in Washington" ad is my favorite by far. Canadians need to know that Harper hates Canada and thinks we all suck, thinks we all live on welfare!

Hmmm... if we all live on welfare, who the hell is paying his salary?

I'm guessing not you.

Honey, I probably make more dough (and therefore pay more taxes) than you LOL. So yes, it's ME who is paying this traitor's salary.

The point is that Harper thinks we are all on welfare, that Canada is a "nanny state".

LOL then he wants to give everybody a hundred bucks for screwing and producing offspring!

As far as I'm concerned Harper owes the Canadian public an apology for slamming his country, period.

Our boys (and girls) are dying in Afghanistan.... Harper would have them dying in Iraq... Harper is associated with the religious right... GWB (his hero) is an evangelical Christian. Their (evangelical's) attitude (I said attitude, not actions!) are pretty much exactly the same as the Islamic fundamentalist. And this man wants to run our country!

Drea,

Do you have a degree in Canadian Liberalism, because your arguments sound just so much like our Liberal politicians.

Harper may respect conservative values but I would not say he is Bush's hero. For that manner, I would not say he is anything but a respectable man trying to make Canada strong again.

On that note, what do you mean when you say Harper is an evangelical fundamentalist?

And I personally believe the Liberals owe Canadians an apology for making our military weak and for selling out our defence to the Americans. Canadian sovereignty? What's that?

Really? Because it's really hard to believe, from reading your ludicrous, hate-filled spew, that you are capable of doing anything of value.

Ooooh Big Word: ludicrous. You look that up just yesterday?

The term "welfare state" does not imply 'everyone" is on welfare, and we ARE a nanny state.

Pray-tell, what DOES it mean?

and as I said above... Harper's gonna give everybody a hundred bucks for screwing -- Ok, you got me, the conservatives don't want a nanny state -- they want a daddy state. Meaning women are supposed to stay at home and produce offspring -- and as a token of his appreciation for spreading our legs we get a hundred bucks!

Wait! I see Drea with a hardhat and a flag bedecked T-shirt, hand over heart, back rigid, head upturned, a hate filled scowl covering his/her face as the national anthem plays! "America, love it or leave it!" he snarls at anyone who dares question the perfection of the American dream!

Drea is a she-name silly. I don't wear a hard hat, I ususally wear a suit to work.

I wouldn't go to the neighbours house and slam my husband -- that would be rather detrimental to our marriage. Harper has gone south and slammed us all, certainly detrimental to the "relationship" with his countrymen/women.

Well, maybe not "america", because Drea hates America, though no doubt Drea hates bigotry too - which again just shows the level of self delusion involved here. Substitute "Canada' and you get the same mentality but in a different country. Still ignorance masking as patriotism, though.

I don't hate Americans, I hate George Bush and what he has done to a once beautiful country. I am ashamed to be on the same continent. I asked a guy from Pakistan the other day: "Do you guys over there see a difference between Canada and the US?" "Yes", he said, "no one wants to go to America anymore, it's not safe for people like me". He was a computer programmer, btw, not a tuuuurrist LOL.

One of the great failings of democracy, I think, is that ignorant people are allowed to vote. There ought to at least be an IQ test to sort out the cretins. Maybe we'd get a better breed of politicians, then.

Then you may as well stay in bed all day Monday.

Cheers!

Drea

Drea,

While you have toned down your rhetoric I must point out some flaws in your argument.

I hear Arabs complaining all the time that it is not "safe" for them in the States.

That is not true. While there may be more anti-Arab sentiment than 20 years ago, America is still a place where Arabs can go and live peacefully with others. I have met many Arabs who are perfectly happy with their life in the States.

It is not as black and white as you might think.

The complaints from supposed Arabs who supposedly "don't feel safe" in the USA are bullshit.

The folks who make those accusations are used to western countries like Canada, or the UK (my present home) which bend over backwards to make them feel welcome -- changing institutions to be "more Islamic," etc.

Whereas, the philosophy of the US has always been "come here, as it is, and make your way." Sell us on the changes to society you want to make and their benefits, rather than demand we make them just to make you comfortable. Change yourself AND your views, not just those of society, to fit in. Many find this to be "too much work," and prefer the welfare states in places like here in the UK, which will provide housing, food, shelter, free transport, etc. to demogogues who call for the government to be overthrown and replaced with a theocracy.