Martin speech- Harper seriously on the ropes !

The Liberals in their arrogance went too far.

When the post-mortem is written on this election the Pinochet ads will be seen as the final nail in the coffin.

Brilliant.

The Martin braintrust has done what the Conservatives haven't been able to do since 1988 ...

Cause the Liberal Party of Canada to lose a federal election. :lol:

All Mr. Harper has done is lay out his agenda from day one of this election. Nothing hidden. I just feel that very few of you are thinking correctly and are buying into Liberal fearmongering. In essence you've been duped. Shame on you for your ignorance.

Kula

The Liberals in their arrogance went too far.

When the post-mortem is written on this election the Pinochet ads will be seen as the final nail in the coffin.

Brilliant.

The Martin braintrust has done what the Conservatives haven't been able to do since 1988 ...

Cause the Liberal Party of Canada to lose a federal election. :lol:

All Mr. Harper has done is lay out his agenda from day one of this election. Nothing hidden. I just feel that very few of you are thinking correctly and are buying into Liberal fearmongering. In essence you've been duped. Shame on you for your ignorance.

Kula

In the media, the Pinochet ads are fast becoming a joke.

I can't wait till Jon Stewart gets his hands on them. That ought to be good.

In modern Democracies no man with a despotic streak will reveal his evil side beyond to his closest circle of closest evil friends. It's only AFTER he gets a majority mandate that he lets loose.

With a Conservative majority sewn up, all I can say is ....... God help us, everyone! :D

And 2 Liberal majorities resulted in more corruption in Canadian politics than ever.

I don't think even Harper can top that.

Kula

You wrote- " What scares me is a prime minister that would hand over the power of 35,000,000 Canadians to 9 judges."

What scares me is that these UN-ELECTED OFFICIALS (judges) out of the nine, five were hand picked by the Liberals.

That's the whole point of the Notwithstanding Clause. So the ultimate power rests with an arm of government accountable to the people.

Apparently Martin has no clue what all the people whose names he's invoked about this were thinking when they crafted the constitution.

They might play well on Stewart. Americans are used to seeing military in their streets. Stewart should run the ad then quip:

"Canada has a military?" or something equally jackassy...

They might play well on Stewart. Americans are used to seeing military in their streets. Stewart should run the ad then quip:

"Canada has a military?" or something equally jackassy...

Not a fan I take it?

The Americans have a National Guard for the very reason Harper talks of using the Canadian military. In fact our limited military has been intrumental in many natural disasters, one being the ice storm in Quebec about 15 years ago.

I don't mind Stewart in general, but he was a little ignant in dealing with Martin's attacks on Bush.

Yes, the U.S. National Guard model is generally what Harper was trying to emulate in his proposal. Thankfully Martin and his cronies twisted it to such a sick level that it is the final nail in their coffin.

Not a fan I take it?

The Americans have a National Guard for the very reason Harper talks of using the Canadian military. In fact our limited military has been intrumental in many natural disasters, one being the ice storm in Quebec about 15 years ago.

I don't mind Stewart in general, but he was a little ignant in dealing with Martin's attacks on Bush.

Yes, the U.S. National Guard model is generally what Harper was trying to emulate in his proposal. Thankfully Martin and his cronies twisted it to such a sick level that it is the final nail in their coffin.

Not a fan I take it?

I see. Its no secret Stewart's no fan of Bush. Liberals over there have to mess up pretty bad to make his show. Anyone bashing Bush will get plenty of time.

I watch with that qualifier. After that, he's pretty funny I find.

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of Bush's either. I howl when Stewart takes Bush on. I also think Stewart is relatively even-handed in his jabs at the Democrats.

I just find that Canada gets dismissed far too quickly by all Americans. Comedians, TV personalities, Republicans or Democrats. Anybody basically.

I see. Its no secret Stewart's no fan of Bush. Liberals over there have to mess up pretty bad to make his show. Anyone bashing Bush will get plenty of time.

Martin admitted today he approved the ads http://www.ctv.ca/ and really, he does defend the militry.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/Canad...1337392-cp.html

Liberal spokesman Steve MacKinnon said the ad was never approved and was included on a DVD distributed to the media and on the Liberal website in error. He said it was not run and will not be run. :rolleyes:

Keith Martin even lied about it too whoda thunk it, liberals lying about something.

http://www.cbc.ca/bc/story/bc_martin-ads20060112.html

"Some idiot went and sent it out with the other 11 ads, and it was never sanctioned by the party, never approved, and we are completely appalled that this went out. We apologized to the men and women in the uniform." ;)

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of Bush's either. I howl when Stewart takes Bush on. I also think Stewart is relatively even-handed in his jabs at the Democrats.

I just find that Canada gets dismissed far too quickly by all Americans. Comedians, TV personalities, Republicans or Democrats. Anybody basically.

Maybe a new leader with a vision for more than Canada just being an afterthought to the rest of the world will help.

GO HARPER!

"Some idiot went and sent it out with the other 11 ads, and it was never sanctioned by the party, never approved, and we are completely appalled that this went out. We apologized to the men and women in the uniform." ;)

If it was never sanctioned then why did the Liberals pay to have it made?

Liberals must think Canadians are all stupid.

It's beautiful watching the free-for-all as the candidates try to save their 'safe' seats.

Keith Martin will be fine though. Doctors tend to find jobs pretty easily. :lol:

If it was never sanctioned then why did the Liberals pay to have it made?

Liberals must think Canadians are all stupid.

"Canada has one of the widest levels of income equality in the Western World."

Have you ever lived in or travelled in a Communist county ? While they have a great deal of income equality

(except for the corrupt leaders aka Libs) the problem is that most everyone one is destitute with no way to raise their standard of living. While I agree that the very rich in any western country make too much it's preferable to living in a country where everyone is destitute or worse starving.

You will find that in most African countries they have achieved your dream of income equality.

I could care less about the Communist country. As I wrote, "In the Western World."

That is in the Western democracies.

"Canada has one of the widest levels of income equality in the Western World."

Have you ever lived in or travelled in a Communist county ? While they have a great deal of income equality

(except for the corrupt leaders aka Libs) the problem is that most everyone one is destitute with no way to raise their standard of living. While I agree that the very rich in any western country make too much it's preferable to living in a country where everyone is destitute or worse starving.

You will find that in most African countries they have achieved your dream of income equality.

I could care less about the Communist country. As I wrote, "In the Western World."

Give the Liberals and NDP enough power and we'll get that bad too.

We're being taxed at an ever increasing rate and its getting much harder to maintain middle class with two incomes let alone one like was the case before Trudeau got ahold of our wallets. Before long we'll all be like what was described above. We can only afford so many social programs.

The government can't be the answer to everything.

I think he was trying to tell you that the only place your "income-equality utopia" exists (or ever could exist) is in third world countries. :lol:

You should hear American liberals ... they think we're it here.