Why are my posts being clipped together?

Argus

I had thought was this new fangled "guided mode" thing which was doing it, but perhaps not. It seems that the new system wants to put my different replies to different posts on the same thread together into one reply. When I look at a post under "preview" it shows it as a seperate post - with guided most off I might add - but when I post the new post simply gets edited into my previous post. Why is it doing that and how do I get it to stop? It's exceedingly irritating.

Can you point to a thread in particular that's giving you trouble? Your posts seem ok to me, but I want to be sure that we're looking at the same thing. I'm wondering if there might be some sort of thread view option in the "My Controls" section that needs to be changed.

-k

• Forum Admin

yes, and example of your problem would help. I've tried to replicate your problem, but everything seems to be working on my end.

Can you point to a thread in particular that's giving you trouble? Your posts seem ok to me, but I want to be sure that we're looking at the same thing. I'm wondering if there might be some sort of thread view option in the "My Controls" section that needs to be changed.

-k

yes, and example of your problem would help. I've tried to replicate your problem, but everything seems to be working on my end.

-k

post 85934 on the Poll: Harper... Hate or Love?

post 85929 Harper looking good: Martin looking frazzled

post 85907 Harper's Hidden agenda sprung a leak

• Forum Admin

Ok, this is a feature that was incorporated with the forum upgrade. What the forum is intending to do is merge member's concurrent posts into one if they are posted within a certain time limit. It was set to merge multiple postings made by the same author, in the same thread, if the postings were made within 10 min.

I have since disabled this feature.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them.

Cheers,

Greg

Ok, this is a feature that was incorporated with the forum upgrade. What the forum is intending to do is merge member's concurrent posts into one if they are posted within a certain time limit. It was set to merge multiple postings made by the same author, in the same thread, if the postings were made within 10 min.

Cheers,

Greg

I see it was changed...I personally didn't mind it because it made it look like I knew how to use the quote feature when I really don't... :(

But I will learn on my own and have no objections to changing it back how it was... :)

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Greg. I tend to type fast, and can spin off four or five posts in under ten minutes pretty easily, and if they're all to different people they can all be on different parts of the original topic. It looked odd having them together.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg and to anybody else that can answer this question:

Were polls taken off well I was away? Or is it just me? I want to put a poll up here but the option isn't their yet a poster recently put up a poll.

Could you help me on this?

Thanks

Greg and to anybody else that can answer this question:

Were polls taken off well I was away? Or is it just me? I want to put a poll up here but the option isn't their yet a poster recently put up a poll.

Could you help me on this?

Thanks

I believe you have to create the poll from within the post screen now. It's not a seperate button on the top to create a poll.

• Forum Admin

Cybercoma is right, there is no longer seperate button for polls. Rather you can select, "Poll Options: Click here to manage this topic's poll", after selecting "New Topic," to add a poll.

hope that helps,