Why The Conservatives Should Win

tml12

I have voted for numerous third parties many times but in this election I am voting Conservative.

They are the only party that is telling it like it is. I contemplated voting for other parties, even the Liberals, while I took a vacation around North America over the holidays while I had some time off from work. However, I realized that the Liberals only lie and cheat and steal taxpayer money. They have created western alienation and severely hurt federalism in Quebec. Electing them again will only hurt Canada's integrity in the world and hurt federalism at home.

Martin cannot make a decision if his life depended on it. While we often criticize Bush for not being a consensus builder we must remember Martin is TOO MUCH of a consensus builder.

The NDP is too left for me and the Bloc is separatist. We need a Conservative government to bring back respect and integrity to Parliament, as well as bring back family values and respect for the law.

I don't think the Conservatives will win though because the Liberal Party through its lies and myths have convinced Canada that it needs the Liberal Party. Like a heroine addict needs his heroine, the Liberal Party has convinced Canada it needs the Liberal Party.

We need to vote Conservative and prove that we are a strong and self-sufficient nation that can survive without Liberal lies and corruption.

I don't think family values have gone away, but how would a government propose to bring them back if they had?

By encouraging personal responsibility and respect for others and toughening up crime laws.

You know, all the things the Liberals promised to do and just don't...

I would consider SSM to be an issue of personal responsibility (as marriage is a responsible commitment) and allowing it a sign of respect for others. In fact, I would say it strengthens family values, because it supports commitment in relationships, which is what families are based on.

And I don't see how getting tough on crime (which I personally fully support) does anything to strengthen the family.

I would consider SSM to be an issue of personal responsibility (as marriage is a responsible commitment) and allowing it a sign of respect for others. In fact, I would say it strengthens family values, because it supports commitment in relationships, which is what families are based on.

And I don't see how getting tough on crime (which I personally fully support) does anything to strengthen the family.

SSM: For me, marriage is a religious institution. Two men cannot get married in city hall but according to the Liberals they can? :(

The Liberals wouldn't know morality if they fell over it.

As for crime, enforcing laws and having minimum sentences for crimes means people will be forced to respect the law. The Liberals steal taxpayer's money, they have no respect for the law.

SSM in this election is a wedge. When ever the Liberals get into trouble the spin rhetoric about SSM.

This will not be overturned. Not enough MPs support overturning it. Examine the Conservative Candidates running 40% would not overturn it. 60% of Liberals would not and 90% NDP wouldn't. Unless some crazy majority Conservative government got into power this is not changing.

An aside the vote on SSM at the Conservative convention was not much different than the one at the Liberal convention. The difference is the Liberal policy convention does little to influence party policy and direction. If I were a Liberal member this would upset me. :angry:

This is why this is smoke and mirrors. It will make for an emotional debate but noting practically will change.

The real issues, crime, taxes, accountability should not be ignored.

SSM in this election is a wedge. When ever the Liberals get into trouble the spin rhetoric about SSM.

This will not be overturned. Not enough MPs support overturning it. Examine the Conservative Candidates running 40% would not overturn it. 60% of Liberals would not and 90% NDP wouldn't. Unless some crazy majority Conservative government got into power this is not changing.

An aside the vote on SSM at the Conservative convention was not much different than the one at the Liberal convention. The difference is the Liberal policy convention does little to influence party policy and direction. If I were a Liberal member this would upset me.  :angry:

This is why this is smoke and mirrors. It will make for an emotional debate but noting practically will change.

The real issues, crime, taxes, accountability should not be ignored.

The Liberals run a dynasty. They don't care what people think. They have a complete disregard for taxpayer money.

Guest eureka

The real issues are not crime, taxes, and accountability.

The Conservatives will increase crime rates through their neglect of the roots of crime.

The Conservatives have shown nothing that will increase accountability - whayever accountability means beyond the buzzword. They have proposed nothing that does not already exist and the other parties have also said they will do.

They will do nothing for taxes except to dismantle the civil society and force you into greater expense than the taxes in fending for yourself. At the same time, they will destroy the country by making the federal government irrelevant to cirizens.

Taxes, by the way, do not need anything other than simplification. Thosw who continue to insist that Canada is too highly taxed at the federal levl are simply lying. That goes for anyone who posts it here as well as the Conservative politicians who make the bleat a mantra.

No poster here does not know it is not true since they have been presented with the figures and the realities of taxation over and over again. And, they cannot refute the information.

The Conservatives will do nothing for family values; nothing beneficial that is. The Conservatives propose to destroy family values by reducing the social and economic circumstances of more than half the population.

Personal responsibility and self reliance! Piffle. You don't know what the words mean. Ask anyone who has a remembrance of the Depression or war what a society without social values and supports is like. See hoe self reliant you are when you cannot pay the rent or put food on the table - as many the Conservatives plan to throw to the wolves already face.

Your Conservative platitudes belong in a joke book.

The Conservatives will increase crime rates through their neglect of the roots of crime.

The Conservatives have shown nothing that will increase accountability - whayever accountability means beyond the buzzword. They have proposed nothing that does not already exist and the other parties have also said they will do.

They will do nothing for taxes except to dismantle the civil society and force you into greater expense than the taxes in fending for yourself. At the same time, they will destroy the country by making the federal government irrelevant to cirizens.

Taxes, by the way, do not need anything other than simplification. Thosw who continue to insist that Canada is too highly taxed at the federal levl are simply lying. That goes for anyone who posts it here as well as the Conservative politicians who make the bleat a mantra.

No poster here does not know it is not true since they have been presented with the figures and the realities of taxation over and over again. And, they cannot refute the information.

The Conservatives will do nothing for family values; nothing beneficial that is. The Conservatives propose to destroy family values by reducing the social and economic circumstances of more than half the population.

Personal responsibility and self reliance! Piffle. You don't know what the words mean. Ask anyone who has a remembrance of the Depression or war what a society without social values and supports is like. See hoe self reliant you are when you cannot pay the rent or put food on the table - as many the Conservatives plan to throw to the wolves already face.

Visit conservative.ca now!!!

tml12,

I disagree with this part of your post. I think that the Liberals have finally come across a united right that isn't shooting itself in the foot at every turn.

The Conservative's disciplined and policy driven camgaign has finally allowed the CPC to definte itself, not the Liberals. That is why they are leading this election.

That is why Stephen Harper will be living in 24 Sussex Drive and Paul Martin will be resigned to a footnote in Canadian political history. i.e. *second* least successful Liberal leader in the past 100 years. Thank goodness for John Turner. :lol:

I don't think the Conservatives will win though because the Liberal Party through its lies and myths have convinced Canada that it needs the Liberal Party.  Like a heroine addict needs his heroine, the Liberal Party has convinced Canada it needs the Liberal Party. 

We need to vote Conservative and prove that we are a strong and self-sufficient nation that can survive without Liberal lies and corruption.

tml12,

I disagree with this part of your post. I think that the Liberals have finally come across a united right that isn't shooting itself in the foot at every turn.

The Conservative's disciplined and policy driven camgaign has finally allowed the CPC to definte itself, not the Liberals. That is why they are leading this election.

That is why Stephen Harper will be living in 24 Sussex Drive and Paul Martin will be resigned to a footnote in Canadian political history. i.e. *second* least successful Liberal leader in the past 100 years. Thank goodness for John Turner.  :lol:

I don't think the Conservatives will win though because the Liberal Party through its lies and myths have convinced Canada that it needs the Liberal Party.  Like a heroine addict needs his heroine, the Liberal Party has convinced Canada it needs the Liberal Party. 

I agree Shoop. The Liberal campaign has been full of gaffes because the Liberals really don't think they can lose. As for the Conservatives, the campaign has been strong, while Harper seems sincere and honest.

More garbage from Eureka.

Well, some of us believe in personal responsibility and don't need the govt to hold our hand...

HP,

You really don't get it, do you? Attack - attack - attack against the Conservatives won't work.

The Liberals can't run a negative ad campaign because the CPCs dealt with the issue pro-actively. The CPCs "they'll go negative" campaign has worked brilliantly for them. It forced the Liberals to keep the negative ads in the can for a while.

Yes, they have already been shot and cut. No, the U.S. credit card company ad isn't a CPC attack ad. "Hands in my pocket..."

There really isn't much the Liberals can do at this point. Harper isn't so scary anymore. Federalist Quebecois see the CPC as a viable alternative to the Liberals.

I will restate my question. What can the Liberals do to save their sinking ship?

They are the only party that is telling it like it is.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good Joke! LMAO

HP,

You really don't get it, do you? Attack - attack - attack against the Conservatives won't work.

The Liberals can't run a negative ad campaign because the CPCs dealt with the issue pro-actively. The CPCs "they'll go negative" campaign has worked brilliantly for them. It forced the Liberals to keep the negative ads in the can for a while.

Yes, they have already been shot and cut. No, the U.S. credit card company ad isn't a CPC attack ad. "Hands in my pocket..."

There really isn't much the Liberals can do at this point. Harper isn't so scary anymore. Federalist Quebecois see the CPC as a viable alternative to the Liberals.

I will restate my question. What can the Liberals do to save their sinking ship?

They are the only party that is telling it like it is.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good Joke! LMAO

Start exploring the conservative plans. Tell the country about all the holes and hidden costs. The conservative platform itself is the means to bring it down.

The conservatives and liberals have many policies that i do not agree with. In the original quote it stated "NDP is too left for me" just because they are on the left side of the political spectrum does not mean they should be totally dismissed. They have some excellent policies and in the past have thought up some amazing ideas such as public healthcare and old age pension (which the conservatives and liberals disagreed with). I think it is important to give each party a fair chance..and this includes the new democratic party.

When are they going to start? Isn't this a strange time to start running a campaign based on their policies? Will anybody listen at this point?

Start exploring the conservative plans. Tell the country about all the holes and hidden costs. The conservative platform itself is the means to bring it down.