Comparing the war rooms.

shoop

Here is a quote from Warren Kinsella's blog.

As someone who has run a few war rooms over the past 13 years, and as someone who allegedly knows a little about what goes on in 'em, the Conservative war room is so superior to its Liberal equivalent, it isn't even debatable anymore. Even the NDP war room - which, to be fair to the Dippers, oversees a series of regional electoral battles, but not a true national war - is doing better. On all of the key war room indicators - speed, accuracy, volume, resulting media coverage - the Grit effort is pitiful.

I say this as someone who knows and likes a few of the people in the Liberal war room. The Tory and NDP war rooms are better (reporters are telling me that, too, by the way). That may not be popular, or the conventional wisdom - but it's the truth, just the same.

Love him or hate him he makes a good point. Can anyone else explain why things have fallen apart so quickly for the Liberals? Why the Conservatives are actually catching a few breaks from the media this go round?

Anybody? Bueller?

Kinsella was kicked out of the Liberal war room. He ran nothiing but stuffing envelopes. LOL

As for the media, they fancy themselves as making the news instead of reporting the news and they fancy that they can force Canadians to vote for whom they choose. And they choose Harper cause they fancy they can shove him down Canadians throats.

After all, Harper dressed up as Santa and passed out chocolates to the media.

< barf >

As someone who has run a few war rooms over the past 13 years, and as someone who allegedly knows a little about what goes on in 'em, the Conservative war room is so superior to its Liberal equivalent, it isn't even debatable anymore. Even the NDP war room - which, to be fair to the Dippers, oversees a series of regional electoral battles, but not a true national war - is doing better. On all of the key war room indicators - speed, accuracy, volume, resulting media coverage - the Grit effort is pitiful.

I say this as someone who knows and likes a few of the people in the Liberal war room. The Tory and NDP war rooms are better (reporters are telling me that, too, by the way). That may not be popular, or the conventional wisdom - but it's the truth, just the same.

Love him or hate him he makes a good point. Can anyone else explain why things have fallen apart so quickly for the Liberals? Why the Conservatives are actually catching a few breaks from the media this go round?

Anybody? Bueller?

It is interesting actually, I think a lot of people are surprised at their poor campaign, Martin seems to be falling apart too. There's still a way to go though, he's made a big spending announcement this morning on education, but I hear Harper is making a big one today re: crime.

Judging from the recent rash of vindictive posts this morning, the liberals must be running scared.

Keeping the Liberals in would just endorse a weak Cabinet, and other than a multi year mega future spending solution to all problems they seem unable to act on any issue including softwood lumber, stopping gun violence, improving fed/prov.l relations, democratic reform andlowering taxes for low- and middle- income Canucks.

Voting Liberal means status quo health care -- chronic underfunding, hypocrisy at the highest levels and no genuine care guarantees.

Voting Liberal will just enable them to continue with their antagonistic approach to Canada/U.S. relations. Actually their incompetence put our economy and standard of living at risk

The Liberals *are* running scared.

The entire campaign has been based on 2004. Wait for the CPC to screw up while we do nothing. Shakey's gross example proves this is the case.

The point to remember is Harper hurt himself when he peaked in 2004 by talking about forming a majority government. You will not hear a peep out of him about that this time around.

It is interesting actually, I think a lot of people are surprised at their poor campaign, Martin seems to be falling apart too.  There's still a way to go though, he's made a big spending announcement this morning on education, but I hear Harper is making a big one today re:  crime.

Judging from the recent rash of vindictive posts this morning, the liberals must be running scared.

Like anything else, the proof will be in the pudding, on election night.

I think the conservatives are doing well because they've had an aggressive campaign. However, my opinion is that they're pushing the envelope with the negative posturing. I may be wrong (it has happened in the past) but they might see a recoil in the next couple of weeks if they continue into negativland.

As for the NDP, they seem to be mired in the finger pointing game. I have never voted for them, and I probably won't this year unless they quit whining about Paul Martin and start talking about their own policies.

While this election is far from in the bag, IMHO the Conservatives issue ads are not going to hurt them. Ads of this nature have been used prominently in the last five elections (going back to 1988).

Only once, in 1993, did the ads hurt the party airing them. That was because they attacked Chretien's Bell's Palsy and were horrible. The PCs deserved to be punished for those ads.

*If* the ads were going to backfire on them they already would have.

I think the conservatives are doing well because they've had an aggressive campaign. However, my opinion is that they're pushing the envelope with the negative posturing. I may be wrong (it has happened in the past) but they might see a recoil in the next couple of weeks if they continue into negativland.

Anybody? Bueller?

Because the Liberal Party is a party of lies and hatred and the Conservative Party is a party of change and opportunity.

What goes around comes around.