how do you like this architecture?

Owl

about 20 years ago, in our village, there was the Main Square ....

People shoveled snow into the center of the square, then built a "winter mountain" with which the children rode ...

But then, someone decided that it was "non-civilized, undemocratic ...." They put this Scarecrow in the middle of the square ..

2019-05-24-027.jpg

Edited by Owl

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

van der Rohe is famous for the Bronfman building in NY and the TD building in Toronto.

But he also designed a gasoline station on an island near Montreal. What do you think?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Station-service_de_l'Île-des-Sœurs#/media/Fichier:Station_essence_Ile_des_Soeurs_-_Mies.jpg

Last time that I was there, it had a CPE, I think. The building/shape is intact.

======

Architecture? I prefer natural building materials. The pyramids and Stonehenge still exist. The Great Wall. German wood frame houses. (Well, after Bomber Harris, there are too few of those.)

IMV, aluminium, steel and glass are ugly. Chartres is beautiful.

Edited by August1991