How Everyday Life Has Been Changed in Wuhan.....by fake news

xul

LOL but if you read this post, you will know the title is 100% accurate.

This evening I randomly clicked open this BBC Chinese language news video How Everyday Life Has Changed in Wuhan via Google recommendation:

It is a story of the lives of common Chinese residences in Wuhan city after the city recovering from the outbreak of Covid-19. I found lots of Chinese writing on comment section "Wow, BBC begins to report truth!"

I told them that BBC would not show this video to its western audience. It's just made for its Chinese audience since they would have known the truth already via their relatives and friends in China so it is smart for BBC Chinese Language Channel not reporting fake news on this issue.

Then a Chinese youtuber gave me link and told me that BBC also had an English version of the video.

I almost began to write a apology before I decided to open the link first to watch the English version video.

He is not wrong. The English version used the same footage of the Chinese language version.......except......except the tint of the footages were deliberately adjusted into grayish and greenish color, which gave audience the Hollywood  doomsday looking and depression feeling, and entirely changed the theme of the first one.

You just need to play both video clips together and compare them, then you will see the title of this post is 100% accurate.....?

Edited by xul

If you look at the technical info for each video (Stats for nerds), you will see that the original version is a higher resolution than the BBC version, which is obvious upon closer inspection. 

Video content is often modified from original resolution for several reasons.  The lower resolution rendering process can impact colour, contrast, bit-rate, etc.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

11 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If you look at the technical info for each video (Stats for nerds), you will see that the original version is a higher resolution than the BBC version, which is obvious upon closer inspection. 

Video content is often modified from original resolution for several reasons.  The lower resolution rendering process can impact colour, contrast, bit-rate, etc.

Both are BBC video which was shot by a BBC reporter and his cameraman and both with the resolution of HD/1080p.  BBC broadcasts worldwide with many languages, so does VOA.  

44 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The YouTube stream in my browser (Firefox) is different and is not full HD (1080P).

YouTube will automatically drop the video replying resolution if there isn't enough internet connection speed.

If you use Wi-Fi, you need to check the internet connection speed via some websites like Bell Speed Test(you needn't be a Bell internet user), especially if you live in a crowded place like a big city. In these places since there are too many Wi-Fi routers, their radio signals interfere each other like some kinds of electronic warfare which results the transmission rates are far bellow the router's specification.

If you live in a house and the computer is on 2nd floor but the router is in the basement, the transmission rate will also drop significantly even if the signal bar on you computer shows full. I have to run a cable up to 2n floor and link it to an AP to resolve the problem.

If you use wi-fi in a high-rise building, you will never get high speed connection unless your computer is in the same room with the router, since there are lots of steel bars inside walls which block radio waves between the router and the wi-fi card in your computer.

Edited by xul

On 12/12/2020 at 3:37 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

My service speed is 200Mb/s...not a problem.

The YouTube platform streams and buffers the content up/down.

The 200Mb/s is the speed between your router/modem and the server of your internet service supplier like Bell. If you use cable to link your computer and the router, it will be no problem. But if you use Wi-Fi, the real speed you can get depends on many factors, include radio interference in vicinal area and the objects between your computer and the router.

Anyway, it isn't my problem and neither would be yours if you were comfortable to pay for 200Mb/s service but only get 20Mb/s real speed to watch blurry video.

Back to the topic: Comparing to US mainstream media's way of making fake news, the British one looks like just a baby, so cute....

The Wall Street Journal: China's Plan to ?Conquer? the Moon, Mars and More

Moon, Mars and what? Universe? It's so scary. If American tax payers don't donate every penny they have on funding  capitalists like Elon Musk to make Wall Street great again, They will be doomed...?

17 minutes ago, xul said:

The 200Mb/s is the speed between your router/modem and the server of your internet service supplier like Bell. If you use cable to link your computer and the router, it will be no problem.

It is no problem...

China likes the internet too....TCP/IP packet switching...from U.S. military.

Government can block internet at will...very convenient.

Edited by bush_cheney2004