China: Taking Advantage of the American Riots

OK, I'm going to try one more time to post a new topic on a news story. Let's see what happens.

The BBC is saying this, and I think it's worth knowing about as its own issue. It has offshoots of interest.:

George Floyd death: China takes a victory lap over US protests

By Zhaoyin FengBBC Chinese Service, Washington

• The US mass protests are raising eyebrows around the world, but China is watching with particular interest.

As anti-racism protests sweep across the US, Beijing has seized upon them to hit back at Washington for supporting last year's Hong Kong pro-democracy demonstrations.

Chinese state media have given extensive coverage to the protests, highlighting the chaotic scenes and alleged police brutality in America to claim that China enjoys greater social stability.

Speaking to an international audience, Chinese diplomats are attempting to portray Beijing as a responsible global leader, standing in solidarity with other countries in condemning the racial disparity and injustice in the US.

'A beautiful sight'

China's state news agency Xinhua described the US civil unrest as "Pelosi's beautiful landscape" - a reference to US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's comment last summer that the Hong Kong protests were "a beautiful sight to behold".

State media Global Times' chief editor Hu Xijin wrote that American politicians now can "enjoy this sight from their own windows".

Beijing has long condemned American politicians, including Ms Pelosi, for "glorifying violence" coming from the Hong Kong demonstrators, who are categorised by China as "rioters showing signs of terrorism".

Protests paralysed Hong Kong for most of last year, prompting Beijing to impose a new national security law in the territory in May, only two weeks ahead of the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square crackdown.

More at BBC article

China certainly does enjoy greater stability.  There are reasons for that.  A couple that come to mind immediately are the mentioned Tiananmen Square crackdown and concentration camps.

Stability is not hard to come by if you are willing to pay the price,

Trump: China only taking advantage of American riots, not causing it? This BBC must be paid by China to make fake news. How could any American problem or failure not be caused by China?

Pelosi: This time it is still a beautiful sight to behold since it will help me to bring Trump down....

I remember about 3 decades ago after the dissolution of the USSR , an American columnist wrote an Article on which direction the US should go as the solo superpower in the world. He suggested that US should become a new Roman empire----democracy with mighty military power to rule the world. I still remember my feeling then after reading his article: "This guy is too obsessed by the glory of the Roman Empire but has definitely forgotten how it met its bitter end....."

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Seriously, Xul? After 8 months you're still pissed that somebody reported something negative about China and this is the best you could come up with?

I wasn't pissed by anything. Today I happened to be idle so I randomly replied in some thread which interested me to spend time.

Though sometimes my replies are short and full of movie clips and jokes, but it doesn't mean they are meaning less. The last one for example:  China was, is and will be taking advantage of the stupidity of US politics just like Rita takes advantage of morons in that film, so does many smart parties like EU and Russia. This thread is valid now and will still be valid for years even for decades since though Trump has gone, but the stupidity in American politics will still linger.....even the "America First" has not gone with him yet-----this is why Canada can't get vaccine from US right now....

Besides, I don't think there is much room for any serious discussion. Just look most posters in this forum, instead considering and questioning others' reason and logic, they questions others' motive and identity. Jokes are better ways to reminder them how illogic and ridiculous they are.