Layton Gears Up For Election Fight

mirror

Gotta laugh at the skewed and misleading stats. Everyone knows the Tories have $20 million, much more than anyone else.

Yet again, mirror proves his ignorance.

Stan actually provides evidence to support his assertion. In return mirror attacks him indirectly with nothing more to support his statement than 'everyone knows'.

You sir are a prince among men.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union donations are the collective contributions of hundreds of thousands of individuals

True statement,but unfortunately the decision to contribute to a party for their own political gain is done by the head honchos of the unions. All for the same reason any kind of business would do.Unions are no different.

Union donations are the collective contributions of hundreds of thousands of individuals

True statement,but unfortunately the decision to contribute to a party for their own political gain is done by the head honchos of the unions. All for the same reason any kind of business would do.Unions are no different.

Dear CES

Wrong.

Unions elect their leaders in a democratic fashion.

Corporations are not democratic because they are controlled by those with the most money.

I'm surprised that you don't know that basic difference.

Actually you do know the difference, but you are just making misleading comments because of your attempted union-bashing.

Cheers

Your right MIrror, Union leaders are elected.

Now try to follow me on this.

Those Elected Union leaders are in charge of the Union money. Still with me?

They give this money to a political party because the party will do nice things for them.

Can you guess which party they will give this money to?

If you guessed the NDP, you are right!

Corporations hire their leaders,but are run by shareholders. With me?

Corporations make political contributions too. And guess what? They want to get nice things from political parties too.They pick other political parties.

If Unions and Corporations both give money to political parties for the same reasons that makes them the same doesn't it?

Dear CES

All you want to do is union bash. go right ahead.

I have already explained to you that unions are democratic and corporations are not.

If unions are so bad why don't you quit?

You don't have an answer do you? Exactly.

BTW here are the Tory figures from Elections Canada.

Individuals $1,807,845.46

Businesses/Commercial organizations $ 3,301,608.85

Where did you get your figures from? A Conservative website? :lol:

Cheers

That's where you made your mistake. Trying to formulate a logical argument with a child like mirror.

His only reason for being on this site is to troll and attack people.

So of course your logical refutation of his point is going to go unanswered. Thankfully it shut him up on this thread at least.

Those Elected Union leaders are in charge of the Union money. Still with me?

They give this money to a political party because the party will do nice things for them.

Don't you mean the union members... the hundreds of thousands of union members you referred to in an earlier post...
Can you guess which party they will give this money to?

If you guessed the NDP, you are right!

And doesn't this make sense. The NDP puts citizens first... (you know, like the hundreds of thousands that the unions represent), and so it is sensible for those who represent citizens to get benefits for citizens... I'm following so far
Corporations hire their leaders,but are run by shareholders. With me?

Corporations make political contributions too. And guess what? They want to get nice things from political parties too.They pick other political parties.

I'm following... because the "other" political parties will put the companies ahead of the "hundreds of thousands of people" that you referred too... It seems clear to me so far...
If Unions and Corporations both give money to political parties for the same reasons that makes them the same doesn't it?
Well, no, not the way you explained it. The corporations donate to their favourite parties so that if the party is elected, it will give favours to the company over the citizens... like maybe take away money from health care to give it as tax breaks... or maybe give government contracts... but the hundreds of thousands of people... the government is just going to take their taxes anyways.... and none of them individually has the power to either stand up to or successfully bribe government officials.

Thanks for making is so clear for us Canuck E Stan...

Do none of you NDP/Union supporters own stock? Do you have any shred of an idea of how the process works when you own a piece of a company?
I do and I am also a member of a union (well a professional organization; same thing). I would not compare the two because I have real influence within the professional organization but little influence upon the fat cats running the corporations in which I invest.

BTW, have you ever tried talking to a broker dude? It is like talking to one of those talking dolls. They spit out the same answer "good investment", "buy", "invest more". Once, just once, I would like to hear a broker say to me "sell the stock, get rid of it like a bad rash". I only ever heard this once on MSNBC (that annoying, bald guy who is really loud...forget his name).