Grewal Found Innocent Of Any Tape Wrongdoing

RCMP will not launch criminal investigation into Grewal tapes

I watched here and elsewhere as Liberals hung an innocent MP out to dry before the jury was in. I think all those Liberals who wanted to be judge, jury and executioner before the trial should get down on their knees and beg Grewal's forgiveness. It was a disgusting display of lynch mob mentality. Thank goodness in Canada you are innocent until proven otherwise.

RCMP will not launch criminal investigation into Grewal tapes

I watched here and elsewhere as Liberals hung an innocent MP out to dry before the jury was in. I think all those Liberals who wanted to be judge, jury and executioner before the trial should get down on their knees and beg Grewal's forgiveness. It was a disgusting display of lynch mob mentality. Thank goodness in Canada you are innocent until proven otherwise.

Completly agree with you on this one. I hope the Conservatives rub it in the Librals face this up coming Parliment at the end of summer. The Librals diserve to be disgraced for this.

First the sponsership now this....I say no more :D

I think all those Liberals who wanted to be judge, jury and executioner before the trial should get down on their knees and beg Grewal's forgiveness.
I never thought Grewal did anything legally wrong by taping the conversations. However, I am surprised he has not been sued for defamation because of the doctored tapes - the fact that he did that demostrates that he is a slime ball.

I would be very surprised if Grewel gets elected again. I suspect his riding will go NDP.

The liberals won't apologize, they will just continue on as if he hasn't been cleared and the sheeples will believe they were innocent of any wrong doing. Murphy etal should resign, they were the ones doing the bribing but the liberals managed to deflect their illegal actions onto Grewal. He's been cleared by the ethics commissioner re: the cheques and receipts accusations from Dosanjhi's supporters. The riding association investigated it thoroughly and cleared him also.

As far as Grewal running again, I don't know if he has the nomination, however, no matter how innocent he is the liberals have managed to taint him and will continue to do so. I also doubt that he can win that riding again. The whole liberal smear campaign stinks, if Inky Mark had produced evidence that he had been bribed, don't think he wouldn't be under RCMP investigation too....liberal chicanary knows no bounds.

I don't know if he has the nomination, however, no matter how innocent he is the liberals have managed to taint him and will continue to do so.
Grewel had a slimy reputation long before he went into federal politics. The only person responsible for his loss of reputation is Grewal himself.

What reputation could you car eto explain to me?

I don't know if he has the nomination, however, no matter how innocent he is the liberals have managed to taint him and will continue to do so.
Grewel had a slimy reputation long before he went into federal politics. The only person responsible for his loss of reputation is Grewal himself.

As a provicial MPP Grewel, on at least two other occasions, claimed he was offered posts or positions in return for favours. These claims were denied, however, based on what we know now, these claims were probably based on things Grewal thought he ws told after he went out actively seeking to enrich himself. I am sure Gerwal would have crossed the floor if the Liberals were willing to give Grewal an upfront commitment on the cabinet seat.

As a provicial MPP Grewel, on at least two other occasions, claimed he was offered posts or positions in return for favours. These claims were denied, however, based on what we know now, these claims were probably based on things Grewal thought he ws told after he went out actively seeking to enrich himself. I am sure Gerwal would have crossed the floor if the Liberals were willing to give Grewal an upfront commitment on the cabinet seat.

wow thats pretty slimy i never new that about him.

Do you have a source or back up for that ? thanks

For the record here is the official RCMP release:

RCMP completes review of Gurmant Grewal's recordings

Ottawa, August 12, 2005 — The RCMP has completed its review of

complaints of criminal wrongdoing with respect to MP Gurmant

Grewal's audio recordings.

Persons the RCMP believed may have relevant information were

interviewed and the tapes were examined.

The RCMP has determined that no criminal investigation is warranted

at this time. It has advised the complainants and those whose

conduct was being examined that the review is now concluded.

For more information, please contact:

RCMP Media Relations

(613) 993-2999

Do you have a source or back up for that ?  thanks
Here:

http://bucketsofgrewal.blogspot.com/2005_0...al_archive.html

Grewal first made news in 1995 when he ran against Reni Masi, then president of the B.C. Liberal Party for the Liberal nomination in the provincial riding of North Delta. After agreeing to withdraw, Grewal said he had been offered a job as deputy minister by a senior Liberal official he refused to name. Grewal then jumped ship and ran against Masi as a candidate for the provincial Reform Party. He was soundly trounced.

Soon after, he switched to the federal arena and was on his way to the House of Commons. In 2002, he claimed he had been offered a position in Prime Minister Jean Chretien's government if he would cross the floor. He said the offer was made by a Liberal MP, whom he again did not identify."

I think all those Liberals who wanted to be judge, jury and executioner before the trial should get down on their knees and beg Grewal's forgiveness.
I never thought Grewal did anything legally wrong by taping the conversations. However, I am surprised he has not been sued for defamation because of the doctored tapes - the fact that he did that demostrates that he is a slime ball.

You think all conservatives are slime balls and all Liberals are gods.

You have used such language before on the merest allegation against a Conservative, while remaining adamant that no Liberal can be accused of any wrongdoing whatsoever until legally proved in court and all appeals settled. In fact, suggestions that there is the slightest whif of doubt about the purity of the Liberals using draws outrage from you.

You think all conservatives are slime balls and all Liberals are gods.

You have used such language before on the merest allegation against a Conservative, while remaining adamant that no Liberal can be accused of any wrongdoing whatsoever until legally proved in court and all appeals settled. In fact, suggestions that there is the slightest whif of doubt about the purity of the Liberals using draws outrage from you.

There's a lot of people on this site that do that on every point of the spectrum.

Frankly, regarding this thread, I think Grewal is scum for secretly taping the conversation. It's just a pretty shady thing to do.

You think all conservatives are slime balls and all Liberals are gods.You have used such language before on the merest allegation against a Conservative, while remaining adamant that no Liberal can be accused of any wrongdoing whatsoever until legally proved in court and all appeals settled.
Calling Grewal a 'slime ball' was a bit over the top. I was responding to posters who seemed to think that Grewal is above reproach. However, I feel the facts that the tapes were doctored is well established by various sources and that says a lot about the integrity of Grewal. I will concede that there is no evidence that Grewal was went out seeking to enrich himself in each case that he was involved in. However, there is also no evidence that these tardes were intiated by others.

Calling Grewal a 'slime ball' was a bit over the top. I was responding to posters who seemed to think that Grewal is above reproach. However, I feel the facts that the tapes were doctored is well established by various sources and that says a lot about the integrity of Grewal. I will concede that there is no evidence that Grewal was went out seeking to enrich himself in each case that he was involved in. However, there is also no evidence that these tardes were intiated by others.

I don't think calling Grewal a slimeball was over the top at all. My history of posts shows that I am a pretty strong supporter of the CPC, but Grewal is a TOTAL slimeball.

Dhaliwal and Murphy were equally as sleazy over the whole event. If Liberal supporters on this board can't agree to that then they gotta get their heads outta their butts. That was a totally slimy and disgusting episode all around.

Grewal needs to go. Keep him around until the next election, but no matter how it is done he does not run for the party again.

Liberal, Conservative, NDP, Green, you name it, politics is a dirty game which involves dirty players.

Many politicians get involved out of a "I can do some good for my country" mindset.

But many (more???) others get into poltics as a way to set themselves up for life, and to line their own pockets.

IMHO, all politicians, priests and lawyers are guilty until proven innocent.

You think all conservatives are slime balls and all Liberals are gods.You have used such language before on the merest allegation against a Conservative, while remaining adamant that no Liberal can be accused of any wrongdoing whatsoever until legally proved in court and all appeals settled.
Calling Grewal a 'slime ball' was a bit over the top. I was responding to posters who seemed to think that Grewal is above reproach. However, I feel the facts that the tapes were doctored is well established by various sources

I don't think it has ever even been suggested they were "doctored". That term implies they were false. No one has ever suggested that the tapes were not true and accurate in what you heard. What was done was that various slices of the tapes were cut out which might tend to show Grewal in a poorer light. That's fine. I admit to thinking Grewal is one of those "new Canadians" who owes his election to his skin colour and ethnicity rather than any real accomplishment or capability. However, the fact remains that what was heard on the tape was senior liberals trying to bribe him into crossing the floor, and the PMs COS saying that PM was ready to meet with Grewal even while PM was saying publicly he knew nothing whatever. Perhaps Grewal didn't come out looking very well either once the edited sections were put back in place, but Grewal is not the PM or the PMs Chief of Staff or a senior cabinet minister.

However, the fact remains that what was heard on the tape was senior liberals trying to bribe him into crossing the floor, and the PMs COS saying that PM was ready to meet with Grewal even while PM was saying publicly he knew nothing whatever.
You have to separate fact from opposition spin. What was on the tapes was an over eager Donsanj making promises that he was in no position to deliver and a much more circumspect Murphy basically saying 'we will take care of you trust us' without actually spelling out what 'take care of you' meant. In fact he specifically stated that certain rewards outside the political arena were not an option. Murphy was obviously trying to decieve Grewal which says nothing good about his character, however, I don't think that his deception amounted to bribery unless you want to characterize the duties of the party whip as 'bribery' (my point being offering parlimentary positions to recaltrant MPs is one of the tools the party whip uses to ensure MPs vote the party line).

It is clear that Martin was not honest about what and when he knew of the Grewal negotiations, however, Harper was not completely honest on what and when he knew about the Grewal tapes (my point being the first instinct of any successful politician - including Conservative politicians - is to deny, deny, deny. Those that do not usually have very short political careers).