Affirmative Discrimination and Racism

Derek,

Look up some studies on hiring, whether the white employer is rascist or not, he is 4 x more likely to hire a white person...................just look up the study and quit talking out of your rear!

First off, where do these statistics and studies come from, yea did you go out and ask a percentage of coaches if they prefer white or black coaches, im sure they conducted that. If they looked up that whites hired white coaches 4x the amount whites hired black coaches, that has its flaws too, because the MINORITY (blacks asians, latinos etc...) coaches don't begin to add up to the # of white coaches. That's because usually when your a coach you would have had to play the sport and had to be good at...Right? Still following. (i know im going through this fast) So when you have more whites playing 20-30 years ago there are going to be more white coaches. CORRECT. I believe as the population evens out to where there is an equal amount "minority" as there is "majority" there will be about the same amount of coaches. This is the problem with the left....they always have stats. and studies that blow the facts out of proportion.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am nothing if not a peaceful person. I support equality completely. My gripe is that rights for all minorites, not JUST African-Americans, dont allow for equally between races. When one group has more than another, its not right. As for the employment rate, yes more whites are highered. That wasnt the debate. Although this isnt 1856 in post-civil war america by the way. If thats the debate then were is AA for women? They are fewer women higher but what support do you give them? None. Yes, the majority hiring and being hired are white. THE MAJORITY OF CITIZENS ARE WHITE! Seems to make sense doesnt it.

Also, too encourage proper debate and not petty argument, please post your information about the employment rate.

I’m afraid the Caucasian women have followed African American men with respect to rights through US history.

Latinos have surpassed African Americans as the majority minority in this country. It will be very interesting watching these people rise through the ‘ranks’ ... any bets on how well these hard working people fair.

Hugo, your idea of a world isn't possible and you know it.

How do you know? Are you a scryer? Many things once thought impossible are commonplace today. It's a good thing for us that the people who achieved them did not subscribe to your philosophy.

Well doing nothing while you KNOW that minorities aren't getting the same opportunities is also racist. Choose.

You are asking me to choose between racism and reverse racism? Well, then in the words of Feminists for Life, I refuse to choose!

Racism is a complex problem, and like all such problems there are multiple solutions. Some are better than others. Homelessness is a problem. We could round up all the homeless people and shoot them, and this would 'solve' the problem, but it is ethically unacceptable as a solution. If that was the only solution you could come up with, I would say, find another way!

The same goes for AA. It's a solution, but it's a very poor one. If AA is the best scheme we can come up with for ending racism, clearly we need to give it more thought until we can come up with a better idea.

No you are confused, corrupt, inept and immoral.

AA is institutionalised racism and unnecessary.

What is necessary are equal rights before the law.

Then after that, you the individual regardless of skin color must succeed using your skills.

AA feeds the liberal bureaucracy of control, regulation and thought suppression.

You the 25 % latino, with a partially latina mother and the last name of Smith, and apply to Michigan Law school. Are you a minority ? Your name is Smith so apparently not. What if your grandfather was White but your mom and grandmother Latina's ? Is 25-50 % enough to be a minority ? Or do you run out and change your name to Rodriguez just to make the point that you are discriminated against.

God forbid you are a Pole, Chinaman, or Albanian.

AA is unjustified, it fails, it costs, and it confuses.

Craig,

It must be nice to live in your dream world where everyone is equal just because you say they are and that ends the problem that exists out there.....

Now that you solved the AA problem, why don't you solve the Iraqi problem by saying, "People shouldn't shoot American troops because it is illegal and unconstitutional for them to kill us!" And WA-LA, the problem is solved!

Craig, THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS THIS MORNING, I NEEDED THAT!!!

Whats with the name calling and personal cracks? Its difference of opinion. Haha.

Anyways, on to the point. The main goal that is being discussed here is equality neh? I mean if America had equality this forum wouldnt be here. Oh and by the way, Craig never said America WAS equal, he said it is what is NECESSARY. The simple fact of the matter is the way to promote equality is not by giving a minority special priveliges, its by making the RACES EQUAL.

These are not racist comments because thats the last thing anyone here wants. This is a different plan being pushed forward. Think about it.

That is correct lucius. The main idea is equality and sameness before the law.

The problem with the Lie-berals is that they want to create apartheid regimes with different rules for races, abilities, age and location. This is ridiculous and will result in the balkanisation of society and the corruption of interests and money at all levels.

This is already rather evident in the immigration process with virtual reality professors, immigration consultants, lawyers and cynical politicians feeding off a huge industrial process.

The fact that the current processes fail is of no concern to those espousing post modern nonsense and feel good politics.

That is correct Luigi. The main idea is equality and sameness before the law.

The problem with the Lie-berals is that they want to create apartheid regimes with different rules for races, abilities, age and location. This is ridiculous and will result in the balkanisation of society and the corruption of interests and money at all levels.

This is already rather evident in the immigration process with virtual reality professors, immigration consultants, lawyers and cynical politicians feeding off a huge industrial process.

The fact that the current processes fail is of no concern to those espousing post modern nonsense and feel good politics.

Craig, come on, my friend - "shut up" doesn't work except to lessen the frustration of attempting to insert information into a closed mind. And it makes trolls very happy to elicit such a response. His name selection speaks of his politics and his world-view so why surprise at his inability for rational discourse?

I'm sick of this bickering about who has correct facts and all. So I followed my own advice and did some research. Lets make this a debate shall we?

Here are some figures as reported by the EEOC (The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) on employeement rates from the 2000 census.

25,707,390 - Number of all minorities employeed in US

31,141,848 - Number of "whites" employeed in the US

1,359,702 - Number ofminorities in managerial positions

4,041,205 - Number of "whites" in mangerial positions

Heres the link if my facts are questioned for whatever reason:

EEOC 2000 Census Stats

I'll tell you what i took from this information. The overall work force is sickeningly closer than the numbers certain libs have been shoving down our throats. Id like to see some cold hard proof (like ive provided here) about this 90% ive been hearing about?

Also, if youll take a look at the managerial numbers you'll see what we all knew was true. Whites are the majority. But not at the staggering amount weve been told in the last few posts of this thread. I think someones been droppin their pants and whatever falls out theyve been posting as factual numbers.

Any other research is much appreciated as I am here to find the truth.

Derek,

You have nothing to support your view, you are basically speaking what YOU think may be the case. Studies are done for reasons, they lead to conclusions.

Study or research before you use your rear for speaking.

Why don't you post the research on here, or links, who wrote them, who took the studies, and how the studies were set up, otherwise I think YOU have nothing to support YOUR views. You look up the studies and post them on here, im not going to waste my time looking up complete horse shit. Unless you ask the People hiring the Whites, whether they prefer whites over blacks, your "studies" are complete total horseSHIT.

im not going to waste my time looking up complete horse shit.

Then you are dead. As long as you live, you are learning. When you stop learning, you are dead. The best way to learn is the research it for yourself. You obviously refuse to do this. Thus, you have refused the best way of learning.

Unless you ask the People hiring the Whites, whether they prefer whites over blacks, your "studies" are complete total horseSHIT.

Um, that is what studies do. They ask, compare statisics, education levels, but all of that is lies isn't it derek, because you said so? :)

Hey derek, dont waste your time looking up

horse shit.

Use the simple, easy to follow link on my previous post. Its factually based and impartial. A government study. Based on actual figures.

My links are multipurpose and good for all!

Thats what im here for.

Luigi, what are you trying to do, confuse some people?

Post verifiable facts?

Pry open closed minds?

Bravo!

WHAT? What do you think we are here to do? LEARN SOMETHING PERHAPS? Expand our minds? What are you crazy people talking about! We don't need evidence (there's a funny comic about this one, iit's by tom tomorrow), evidence is for sissies!

lol. :)

Yeah i know. I come from this place i call reality. A place where things are real and factual. Not figures pulled out of our...heads. Didnt mean to throw the system you guys had where if you dont know someting you say, "I dont have time to find out that youre right!" LOL.

Oh well, my strange foreign ways will never be understood.

Oh and sarcasm is hard to detect in text form. I thougth i was being attacked!

Do you guys actually find my links and sites informational or useful at all? Cause if not i wont waste my valuable time finding it to help the dabte. Input please.