Pollara (Jul 18/05) L-38%, C-27%, N-15%

Eleven-point Liberal poll lead has observers pointing fingers at Harper

One poll is understandable however I do detect a bit of a trend here.

Conservatives it's time to lose him if you get my drift.

I think the Conservative/Reform/Alliance party should keep Harper in charge... It'll help spare the Canadian public from right-wing Conservative/Reform/Alliance policies...

National polling

Date..........L...C..N..B..Polling Co

Jul 18/05 38 27 15 ?? Pollara

Jul 17/05 35 26 19 13 Strategic Counsel

Jun 28/05 35 27 18 13 Ipsos-Reid

Jun 28/05 36 29 18 11 Pollara

Jun 23/05 37 25 20 ?? Decima

Jun 20/05 34 29 16 12 Ipsos Reid

Jun 11/05 34 26 19 13 Strategic Counsel

Jun 08/05 37 23 21 13 Decima

Any one individual poll should be taken with a grain of salt however it can raise a red flag. I wonder how many of these polls are actually push polls? And of course polls are an attempt to manipulate people as well. We really are a bunch of sheep and like to go with the winner. Success breds success.

Conservatives it's time to lose him if you get my drift

I'm still trying to figure out why the focus by the media has been on Stephen Harper instead of the corruptor-in-chief Paul Martin? There's Nixonian type conduct going on in Ottawa, and has been for several years, yet the discussion seems to be centered on whether Stephen Harper is good for the Conservative Party. Give me a break.

Because the Gomery commission is dealing with old news - the Chretien regime. In case you hadn't noticed he hasn't been there for a while. My hunch is that Martin is coming out unscathed and will rock and roll into another Liberal majority government. Imagine 5 Liberal governments in a row!

Because the Gomery commission is dealing with old news - the Chretien regime. In case you hadn't noticed he hasn't been there for a while. My hunch is that Martin is coming out unscathed and will rock and roll into another Liberal majority government. Imagine 5 Liberal governments in a row!

It's not old news, and Martin was the Finance Minister at the time. I give him credit that he's been able to convince the mainstream media to shift attention away from it, but it's gonna rear its ugly head come the next election. And no, I cannot imagine another majority liberal government. How much more destruction can they bring to our country before being properly dealt with? This country isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship, headed by Chretien/Martin. Martin is just continuing Chretien's legacy, or lack thereof. But we shall see.

Polls were being fed to us a couple of months back a week after they were taken. This poll was taken on JUNE4-8, how come they waited to release it 6 weeks later? Seems like some Liberal media hanky panky going on here.
Different polling companies have different release schedules - Decima polls seem to come out right away, Pollara always takes awhile. Polls that are are not sponsered by media outlets tend to take longer to be published. I suspect the reason is the polling companies prefer to sell the results to people who are willing to pay for early access. In other words, don't assume conspiracy when simpler explainations exist.

Why would the media even mention a poll that was 6 weeks old and make it a "news" story when there were more recent polls taken well after this one.? This poll story should never have gotten the coverage it did. It should have gone straight to the can. That's why I'm suspicious about it being played up the way it was.