I will be Premier of Ontario one day

How am I not a Red Tory?

Well: "Aganist Abortion on demand, but if it threatens the woman's life then yes.

-For civil unions (keep marriage between man and woman).

-Pro gay rights (except right to marry, again marriage is between man and woman)."

I totally agree and I am in no way a "red tory". Your views are quite in line with Stephen Harper's views and he isn't a "red tory". Perhaps you equate "red tory" with being a balanced conservative. You certainly aren't a reactionary or far right winger, even though the left would like us to think our views are radical.

In fact I think so called red tories are worse than Liberals by virtue of the fact that they are Liberals in denial. Liberals like Joe Clark and David Orchard do our cause a lot of harm by pretending to be Conservative. They split us up from with in by encouraging intolerance of differing opinions. It's fine if we have a few evangelicals in the party who are completely opposed to abortion or whatever. We don't have to let one point of disagreement tear us apart. We have more in common than not. We need to be more like the Republicans in the US who have room for the Guliannis and the Buchanans. But instead we act like the Democrats bickering and fighting within and intolerant of any difference of opinion.

How am I not a Red Tory?

Well: "Aganist Abortion on demand, but if it threatens the woman's life then yes.

-Pro gay rights (except right to marry, again marriage is between man and woman)."

I totally agree and I am in no way a "red tory". Your views are quite in line with Stephen Harper's views and he isn't a "red tory". Perhaps you equate "red tory" with being a balanced conservative. You certainly aren't a reactionary or far right winger, even though the left would like us to think our views are radical.

In fact I think so called red tories are worse than Liberals by virtue of the fact that they are Liberals in denial. Liberals like Joe Clark and David Orchard do our cause a lot of harm by pretending to be Conservative. They split us up from with in by encouraging intolerance of differing opinions. It's fine if we have a few evangelicals in the party who are completely opposed to abortion or whatever. We don't have to let one point of disagreement tear us apart. We have more in common than not. We need to be more like the Republicans in the US who have room for the Guliannis and the Buchanans. But instead we act like the Democrats bickering and fighting within and intolerant of any difference of opinion.

You be surprised, I can be liberal on some issues and very conservative on issues.

How am I not a Red Tory?

You be surprised, I can be liberal on some issues and very conservative on issues.

So can I but I'm still not a red tory. For instance I'm in favor of gun control (not the gun registry), I believe in rehabilitation for drug offenders, good environmental policy, and allowing poor people to immigrate not just those who are rich and educated. I think the left and the leftist press has stigmatized conservatives. They would have you believe that if you're not a 'red tory' you're a radical.

"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to offer therapy and understanding for our attackers. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

-Karl Rove

Wow, "I miss Reagan", did you actually put this quote on the bottom of your post on purpose to discredit yourself. The conservatives prepared for war against whom... Iraq .. with all their weapons of mass destruction.... or were they interested in whom they should attack.... Should it be the easiest target that has the most oil ???

You should probably do some more reading, where you might discover that the Bush found 9/11 to be a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to wage a war that they had been planning for a long time. Your Conservative heroes just wanted to jump in bed with Bush? without caring anything about the truth really was ???

And this war wasn't about 'Liberating' anyone.... If you think it was to stop an evil tyrant, you should look up the "Prevention of Genocide Act", where the Democrats tried to block the sale of the helicopters used to gas the Kurds, and the Republicans struck it down. The Americans can have no moral authority here... And neither do your conservative heroes.

Given what has just transpired in England, you should be glad we weren't Bush's bum buddies over in Iraq....

"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to offer therapy and understanding for our attackers. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

-Karl Rove

Wow, "I miss Reagan", did you actually put this quote on the bottom of your post on purpose to discredit yourself. The conservatives prepared for war against whom... Iraq .. with all their weapons of mass destruction.... or were they interested in whom they should attack.... Should it be the easiest target that has the most oil ???

You should probably do some more reading, where you might discover that the Bush found 9/11 to be a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to wage a war that they had been planning for a long time. Your Conservative heroes just wanted to jump in bed with Bush? without caring anything about the truth really was ???

And this war wasn't about 'Liberating' anyone.... If you think it was to stop an evil tyrant, you should look up the "Prevention of Genocide Act", where the Democrats tried to block the sale of the helicopters used to gas the Kurds, and the Republicans struck it down. The Americans can have no moral authority here... And neither do your conservative heroes.

Given what has just transpired in England, you should be glad we weren't Bush's bum buddies over in Iraq....

*gasp* Are you serious? This is all so new to me! Tell me more about Iraq, I've never heard this before... <_<