Paul Martin - SLIME

Paul Martin is a disgusting hypocrite of a politician: the worst of the breed for flip flopping on everything to please the voter's current mood.

1. 1999 voted to MAINTAIN the traditional definition of marriage. "We will never change the definition of marriage" said the Libs. Today, it's his greatest rallying cry in the defense of "human rights" -- what a FLIPFLOP.

2. In his tenure as fiinance minister, he slashed federal health transfers in HALF. Then in 2004 his election campaign paints himself as the "saviour of health care -- a fix for a generation". FIX? Fix what, Paul? Fix the disastor you yourself created in health care?

3. ADSCAM. In 2004 Paul Martin called a snap election before he had even CALLED the Gomery commission. He reasoned: "I want to know what happened as much as anybody does, but lets have an election FIRST" Then he calls Gomery AFTER the election and less than a year later asks the Canadian public for a 10 month extension before the next election because "we need all the information first before we have an election" HUH? You called an election one year ago before we had ANY information, now you want to wait until after ALL the information comes out? Which is it, PAUL? Or does your election timing have everything to do with clinging to power? This is the most blatant example as to why we should have FIXED election dates in this country.

4. National Unity. The Liberals with ADSCAM and their cash-filled envelopes are the SOLE reason sovereignty has ANY life at all in Quebec. Then Martin turns around in the budget vote and accuses the CPC of "jeopardizing federalism" by voting with the Bloc against the budget. What a JOKE. The Liberals have jeopardized sovereignty in this country by stealing from federal coffers and trying to buy Quebec votes.

5. Intergrity in Office. Paul Martin's CHIEF of STAFF is caught on tape speaking at length for over two hours dangling senate and cabinet posts in front of a CPC backbencher in exchange for his vote (or for abstaining). Everyone who has an assistant KNOWS they don't enter into those kinds of conversations without the knowledge of their BOSS. Paul Martin attempted to bribe MPs (and perhaps actually did it: Belinda), once again, to cling to power for a few measly months.

This guy is a complete SNAKE with NO integrity at all.

Guess what? He's our Prime Minister. And the worst of it is, the morons in Ontario are going to re-elect him.

I am absolutely disgusteed at the state of affairs in this country.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Martin is a disgusting hypocrite of a politician: the worst of the breed for flip flopping on everything to please the voter's current mood.

1. 1999 voted to MAINTAIN the traditional definition of marriage. "We will never change the definition of marriage" said the Libs. Today, it's his greatest rallying cry in the defense of "human rights" -- what a FLIPFLOP.

2. In his tenure as fiinance minister, he slashed federal health transfers in HALF. Then in 2004 his election campaign paints himself as the "saviour of health care -- a fix for a generation". FIX? Fix what, Paul? Fix the disastor you yourself created in health care?

3. ADSCAM. In 2004 Paul Martin called a snap election before he had even CALLED the Gomery commission. He reasoned: "I want to know what happened as much as anybody does, but lets have an election FIRST" Then he calls Gomery AFTER the election and less than a year later asks the Canadian public for a 10 month extension before the next election because "we need all the information first before we have an election" HUH? You called an election one year ago before we had ANY information, now you want to wait until after ALL the information comes out? Which is it, PAUL? Or does your election timing have everything to do with clinging to power? This is the most blatant example as to why we should have FIXED election dates in this country.

4. National Unity. The Liberals with ADSCAM and their cash-filled envelopes are the SOLE reason sovereignty has ANY life at all in Quebec. Then Martin turns around in the budget vote and accuses the CPC of "jeopardizing federalism" by voting with the Bloc against the budget. What a JOKE.  The Liberals have jeopardized sovereignty in this country by stealing from federal coffers and trying to buy Quebec votes.

5. Intergrity in Office. Paul Martin's CHIEF of STAFF is caught on tape speaking at length for over two hours dangling senate and cabinet posts in front of a CPC backbencher in exchange for his vote (or for abstaining). Everyone who has an assistant KNOWS they don't enter into those kinds of conversations without the knowledge of their BOSS. Paul Martin attempted to bribe MPs (and perhaps actually did it: Belinda), once again, to cling to power for a few measly months.

Guess what? He's our Prime Minister. And the worst of it is, the morons in Ontario are going to re-elect him.

Hey, if you want to leave I'll pass the hat around see if we can't get you a one way ticket to, oh say Alabama? Or perhaps Texas? that should be just perfect.

Oh BTW, would you like some cheese with that wine?

4. National Unity. The Liberals with ADSCAM and their cash-filled envelopes are the SOLE reason sovereignty has ANY life at all in Quebec. Then Martin turns around in the budget vote and accuses the CPC of "jeopardizing federalism" by voting with the Bloc against the budget. What a JOKE.  The Liberals have jeopardized sovereignty in this country by stealing from federal coffers and trying to buy Quebec votes.

Hey, if you want to leave I'll pass the hat around see if we can't get you a one way ticket to, oh say Alabama? Or perhaps Texas? that should be just perfect.

But if all the taxpayers leave there won't be anyone for you and your friends to steal from.

People change their minds for many reasons. I used to be against SSM marriage until I analyzed my objections and realized that they made no sense. A willingness to change your mind is a strength not a weakness.

2. In his tenure as fiinance minister, he slashed federal health transfers in HALF. Then in 2004 his election campaign paints himself as the "saviour of health care -- a fix for a generation". FIX? Fix what, Paul? Fix the disastor you yourself created in health care?.

Martin had to get the federal deficit under control. Transfers to provinces formed a large peice of federal spending and had to be cut. Bringing the federal gov't deficit down has helped reduce interest rates and gov't debt. As a result, it is now possible to put money back into the system. In other words, he had to cut health care in the 90s to save it in the 2000s.

3. ADSCAM. In 2004 Paul Martin called a snap election before he had even CALLED the Gomery commission. He reasoned: "I want to know what happened as much as anybody does, but lets have an election FIRST" Then he calls Gomery AFTER the election and less than a year later asks the Canadian public for a 10 month extension before the next election because "we need all the information first before we have an election" HUH? You called an election one year ago before we had ANY information, now you want to wait until after ALL the information comes out? Which is it, PAUL? Or does your election timing have everything to do with clinging to power? This is the most blatant example as to why we should have FIXED election dates in this country.?

Martin wanted his own mandate as soon as he took over leadership - a very reasonable thing to do. If anything he delayed calling an election because of the scandal. In the end, he got a minority mandate set up the Gomery commision to get to the bottom of the mess and let the commision do its job. All he asked was to wait until that process completes. The only people that have a problem with waiting are hard core CPC and BQ supporters who thought they could take advantage of teh Gomery inquiry leading the news everyday.

There are criminals who took advantage of the sponsership program and stole money - but it was not the entire Liberal party or the current leadership team. The fact that this program was poorly mismanaged does not take away from the fact that promoting Canada in Quebec is a reasonable thing to do. The sovereignist have been using Quebec gov't money to do the same thing for decades.

5. Intergrity in Office. Paul Martin's CHIEF of STAFF is caught on tape speaking at length for over two hours dangling senate and cabinet posts in front of a CPC backbencher in exchange for his vote (or for abstaining).

So what? What Murphy and Dosanj implied was "there is no way a loser like you is going to get a senate or cabinet seat, however, if you abstain we will find something for you - maybe a commitee chair". It is perfectly legimate to try convince someone to switch sides.

The people of Canada may re-elect the Liberals because the the CPC cannot seem to get its act together. For starters CPC supporters seem to have this habit of insulting the people that have the votes that they need.

People change their minds for many reasons. I used to be against SSM marriage until I analyzed my objections and realized that they made no sense. A willingness to change your mind is a strength not a weakness.

2. In his tenure as fiinance minister, he slashed federal health transfers in HALF. Then in 2004 his election campaign paints himself as the "saviour of health care -- a fix for a generation". FIX? Fix what, Paul? Fix the disastor you yourself created in health care?.

Martin had to get the federal deficit under control. Transfers to provinces formed a large peice of federal spending and had to be cut. Bringing the federal gov't deficit down has helped reduce interest rates and gov't debt. As a result, it is now possible to put money back into the system. In other words, he had to cut health care in the 90s to save it in the 2000s.

3. ADSCAM. In 2004 Paul Martin called a snap election before he had even CALLED the Gomery commission. He reasoned: "I want to know what happened as much as anybody does, but lets have an election FIRST" Then he calls Gomery AFTER the election and less than a year later asks the Canadian public for a 10 month extension before the next election because "we need all the information first before we have an election" HUH? You called an election one year ago before we had ANY information, now you want to wait until after ALL the information comes out? Which is it, PAUL? Or does your election timing have everything to do with clinging to power? This is the most blatant example as to why we should have FIXED election dates in this country.?

Martin wanted his own mandate as soon as he took over leadership - a very reasonable thing to do. If anything he delayed calling an election because of the scandal. In the end, he got a minority mandate set up the Gomery commision to get to the bottom of the mess and let the commision do its job. All he asked was to wait until that process completes. The only people that have a problem with waiting are hard core CPC and BQ supporters who thought they could take advantage of teh Gomery inquiry leading the news everyday.

There are criminals who took advantage of the sponsership program and stole money - but it was not the entire Liberal party or the current leadership team. The fact that this program was poorly mismanaged does not take away from the fact that promoting Canada in Quebec is a reasonable thing to do. The sovereignist have been using Quebec gov't money to do the same thing for decades.

5. Intergrity in Office. Paul Martin's CHIEF of STAFF is caught on tape speaking at length for over two hours dangling senate and cabinet posts in front of a CPC backbencher in exchange for his vote (or for abstaining).

So what? What Murphy and Dosanj implied was "there is no way a loser like you is going to get a senate or cabinet seat, however, if you abstain we will find something for you - maybe a commitee chair". It is perfectly legimate to try convince someone to switch sides.

The people of Canada may re-elect the Liberals because the the CPC cannot seem to get its act together. For starters CPC supporters seem to have this habit of insulting the people that have the votes that they need.

All you can do is sit an make apolofies for this disgusting, thieving behavior instead of looking at viable alternatives like the CPC. ACT TOGETHER? WHat planet aare you on? The Liberals are running around stealing our money, changing their policies on a whim and bribing for votes and you say the CPC has to get it's ACT TOGETHER? WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM???!!!

But if all the taxpayers leave there won't be anyone for you and your friends to steal from.

Well fucko, considering they don't steal NOBODY. However it would be nice to live in a country where some people's social policies weren't taken from the 18th century.

OOHHHHHH!!! I SEE NOW!! How SILLY of me. So STEALING from your taxpayers, bribing federal officials, BUYING votes, flipflopping on policy and electioneering to cling to power are PROGRESSIVE policies.

My sinscerest of apologies, oh lord Brison.

And I suppose the values that the conservatives hold: integrity, honesty, sticking to your guns and trying to win power based honestly are OUTDATED ideas.

What a joke.

All you can do is sit an make apolofies for this disgusting, thieving behavior instead of looking at viable alternatives like the CPC.  ACT TOGETHER?  WHat planet aare you on?  The Liberals are running around stealing our money, changing their policies on a whim and bribing for votes and you say the CPC has to get it's ACT TOGETHER?  WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM???!!!

WE'RE FROM EARTH!!!! THE PLANET WHERE SOME PEOPLE DON'T FEEL STONING GAYS IS APPROPRIATE OR THAT

EVERYONE IS EQUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I forgot you were absent the day they taught "Love Thy Neighbor" in Sunday School. Now seriously move to Alabama where you'll be more comfortable!

Well fucko, considering they don't steal NOBODY. However it would be nice to live in a country where some people's social policies weren't taken from the 18th century.

OOHHHHHH!!! I SEE NOW!! How SILLY of me. So STEALING from your taxpayers, bribing federal officials, BUYING votes, flipflopping on policy and electioneering to cling to power are PROGRESSIVE policies.

And I suppose the values that the conservatives hold: integrity, honesty, sticking to your guns and trying to win power based honestly are OUTDATED ideas.

What a joke.

I am SO happy this legislation was passed so that the scum of the Earth like you and you're ilk will have to start getting used to the idea you can't wrap yourself in the bible when you want to advocate HATE anymore.

All you can do is sit an make apolofies for this disgusting, thieving behavior instead of looking at viable alternatives like the CPC.  ACT TOGETHER?  WHat planet aare you on?  The Liberals are running around stealing our money, changing their policies on a whim and bribing for votes and you say the CPC has to get it's ACT TOGETHER?  WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM???!!!

WE'RE FROM EARTH!!!! THE PLANET WHERE SOME PEOPLE DON'T FEEL STONING GAYS IS APPROPRIATE OR THAT

I'm sorry, I forgot you were absent the day they taught "Love Thy Neighbor" in Sunday School. Now seriously move to Alabama where you'll be more comfortable!

Stoning gays? What the heck are you talking about you simplton.

Why don't you adress the topic of this thread and what your fearless leader has done to disgrace the institution of government and the Prime Minister's office in the country instead of trying to deflect blame for the mess this disgusting man has created.

Stick to the facts: Paul Martin is a Lying, Thieving, Flip Flopping Politico with no morals and no integrity to speak of.

What a joke.

I am SO happy this legislation was passed so that the scum of the Earth like you and you're ilk will have to start getting used to the idea you can't wrap yourself in the bible when you want to advocate HATE anymore.

This thread isn't even about SSM. It's abobut a man who has no integrity as a public official.

I am actually pro SSM so SHUT YOUR MOUTH. You are assuming and definitely making an ass out of yourself.

I will be glad when thisbill passes too so the Libs can stop demonizing Harper and we can get on with discussing real issues like the lying mess that Martin and his Libs has dug this country into.

Why don't you try reading more than the last line of my post.

People in Ontario, BC and the Martimes are not stupid. They know perfectly well that the Liberals have made mistakes, however, most people know that Martin himself likely had nothing to do with the sponsership mess even if he is fudging on how much he knew about it before hand. The reason they will put up with the Liberals and their obvious faults is because the are the best among the alternatives. It seems to me the fault lies with the Conservatives for not making themselves more attractive to urban voters outside of Alberta.

Does it make any sense to blame the customer if you have a product to sell and they don't want to buy it? I don't think so. The correct thing to do is fix the product and make it something that people want to buy.

Why don't you try reading more than the last line of my post.

People in Ontario, BC and the Martimes are not stupid. They know perfectly well that the Liberals have made mistakes, however, most people know that Martin himself likely had nothing to do with the sponsership mess even if he is fudging on how much he knew about it before hand. The reason they will put up with the Liberals and their obvious faults is because the are the best among the alternatives. It seems to me the fault lies with the Conservatives for not making themselves more attractive to urban voters outside of Alberta.

Does it make any sense to blame the customer if you have a product to sell and they don't want to buy it? I don't think so. The correct thing to do is fix the product and make it something that people want to buy.

Actually if you lok at the things concervatives stand for on the "issues de jour":

1. Exploring private alternatives in health care

2. Protecting the traditional definition of marriage yet providing civil unions with the very same rights before the law as marriage.

The conservatives align very closely with the policies in very urbanized, progressive Eurpoean societies such as France, Sweden, the UK, Germany etc.

Maybe I should move to progressive Eurpoean societies such as France, Sweden, the UK, Germany etc. al whom agree with the conservative stance on SSM.

Now that's one of the most intelligent things I've read on this forum.

It's not the product that's the problem, it's the marketing. It keeps getting blasted out of thewater by the left media and the Liberal spin machine.

Now that's one of the most intelligent things I've read on this forum.

The real problem isn't the product, it's that they're being outmarketed.

Canadians are being told things that aren't true about the CPC and they are buying the bullshit.

In commerce you, Coke could never tell consumers in an ad that Pepsi will kill you. They'd be slapped so fast with a libel suit.

Unfortunately in the game of politics, the Libs can finance attack ads claiming the CPC wants to destroy health care or have a US style system and nobody can do anything to stop it and the ONtarians just eat it up like chicken dinner.

Retards.

Actually if you look at the things conservatives stand for on the "issues de jour":

1.  Exploring private alternatives in health care

2.  Protecting the traditional definition of marriage yet providing civil unions with the very same rights before the law as marriage.

The conservatives align very closely with the policies in very urbanized, progressive European societies such as France, Sweden, the UK, Germany etc.

There are lots of conservative policies that I agree with, however, the issues I have with the CPC are:

I believe in a balance between private sector and government - I don't trust right wing ideologues who pursue anti-government polices for no more thought than 'government is bad'. I don't trust the CPC to be intelligent when it comes to reducing the size of government anymore than I trust the NDP to look after the interests of the private sector. Part of the reason I don't trust teh CPC is the fact that they spend way too much time fighting SSM - they come across as a bunch of extremists.

This is the most absurd and asinine thing I've yet to see posted on this forum. Someone doesn't agree with our current leadership and you offer them a one-way ticket out of the country? That ranks up there as slightly better than executing them, fascist.

In commerce you, Coke could never tell consumers in an ad that Pepsi will kill you.  They'd be slapped so fast with a libel suit.

Pepsi would get sued too if Pepsi went around calling the Coke executives a bunch of crooks because few embezzlers were discovered within the organization.

The Conservatives are as guilty as the Liberals when it comes to throwing dirt at their opponents.

This is the most absurd and asinine thing I've yet to see posted on this forum. Someone doesn't agree with our current leadership and you offer them a one-way ticket out of the country? That ranks up there as slightly better than executing them, fascist.

Standard fare from ScottyTheTrickyNinja. Rather than discussing the substance of the issue, he spews this sort of crap at anybody who dare question the Liberals. I assume the only reason Scotty wasn't banned along with RightWinger is that Scotty didn't threaten to drive to Lethbridge and kick Greg's ass in person (...unlike RightWinger.)

As for "Paul Martin: SLIME" ...I don't think he's slime. I do, however, think he's not even a fraction of the man I used to think he was before he became PM. It appears that whatever strength or courage Martin used to have when he was Finance Minister came from having Jean Chretien around to do the fighting for him.

I've smeared Martin in the most graphic terms in this forum in an effort to get his supporters to stand up for him... and nobody has ever bothered. The conclusion I've come up with is that the only thing Liberal supporters like about Paul Martin is that he's not Stephen Harper; that seems to be sufficient.

-k

I've smeared Martin in the most graphic terms in this forum in an effort to get his supporters to stand up for him... and nobody has ever bothered. The conclusion I've come up with is that the only thing Liberal supporters like about Paul Martin is that he's not Stephen Harper; that seems to be sufficient.

Unfortunately, I agree. Paul Martin has been a disappointment as PM. The fact that he has been in crisis management mode for the entire time does explain some of it, however, there has been a disappointing lack of anything I would call leadership.

That said, I have more faith in the Liberals to muddle through the mess than I have in the Conservatives to clean it up. What I would like to see is a national party like the BC Liberals: a mix of socreds and red tories which seem to manage the right combination of the right wing economic ideology and common sense. Most importantly, the BC Liberals do not touch social issues like SSM with a 10 foot pole.

Much of what you say gets lost on them Jerry.

To point out all of Martin's flaws would take an evening and a whole lot of bandwidth and it would be wasted on the Liberal zombies here on this forum.

I agree that Martin's track record given to anyone but him would destroy their career, yet he seems to flourish. It amazes me the fear put on so many people to blindly follow a lowlife like PM, just to avoid voting for someone of class & moral fiber. Ethics mean nothing to this man.

As for ssm, what a sad day!