Trolls and Ignorance Abound:

Greg

• Forum Admin

Arrghh,

I leave for a week and this is what I've got to come back to? Why is it that when someone intentionally tries to disrupt this forum some of you all over yourself to aid in the disruption?

Have I not repeatedly told everyone not to feed trolls?

and

Why do some of you think it is ok to break the rules (swearing, insults) when it is in response to someone else's disruptive behaviour?

How can I possible be expected to respond to these types of situations when many of the veteran posters of this forum are contributing to the disruption by behaving in the same was as the trolls. I can understand your frustration, but you all put me in a bad situation when you respond to insults with insults.

And another thing, I want this partisan bickering to end right now. Just because someone claims to be a Liberal/NDP/Conservative and then behaves like an idiot does not mean that party mentioned by the idiot is populated with idiots (if that makes any sense). Lets all try to listen to each other's opinions and discuss these important issues without resorting to these pathetic partisan games.

Greg

Admin

Arrghh,

I leave for a week and this is what I've got to come back to?  Why is it that when someone intentionally tries to disrupt this forum some of you all over yourself to aid in the disruption? 

Have I not repeatedly told everyone not to feed trolls?

Which trolls? I've noticed an occasional wacko posting some bizarre paranoid theories but generally have ignored them, as have most others. There have also been a few people who've come on and immediately put up post after post in defence of the Liberals (the same person, I'm guessing) then faded away. I suppose those could be considered trolls to some.

Why do some of you think it is ok to break the rules (swearing, insults) when it is in response to someone else's disruptive behaviour? 

Human nature? When one is insulted time and time again by some blowhard and no action is taken the instinctive response is to insult them back. I don't think that's the major problem, though, so much as people who launch sweeping insults at all members of other parties - as in, "Conservatives are all ignorant bigots who hate poor people. The Conservative party wants to destroy Canada," etc. Again, when that happens as often as it does here - and I'm not talking about over a week but over a long period of time - it tends to draw a similar response and attitude. And without any interference from the moderator this gets worse over time. You won't have to look hard to find many, many instances of this. And I have to admit to being drawn into responding in kind occasionally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
... I don't think that's the major problem, though, so much as people who launch sweeping insults at all members ...

Yeah, just today I read one about leftwingers being whiners and that they don't believe in freedom of speech.

Case in point.

How you're permitted to constantly make personal attacks, racist comments, and offensive generalizations is beyond me.

Let's all settle down.

No one is forcing anyone else to respond to trolls.

If you think someone is being a troll ignore them or report them, but for the love of God, and I don't even believe in God, please stop whining about it.

Give the moderator a friggin' break, eh!