More Lies By Dishonest Harper?

Liberals attack Harper over base-closing claim

The Prime Minister's Office has attacked a claim by Conservative Leader Stephen Harper that the Liberal government will close a military base in Labrador.

"The base is in no way in jeopardy and these are completely false allegations by Mr. Harper," said the statement, issued Saturday evening.

"That is just plain fear-mongering just days before a byelection."

How sad to see Harper who has been constantly accusing the Liberals of dishonesty, tell lies to try and win the Newfoundland & Labrador by-election.

Harper has to go! :angry:

Liberals attack Harper over base-closing claim
The Prime Minister's Office has attacked a claim by Conservative Leader Stephen Harper that the Liberal government will close a military base in Labrador.

"The base is in no way in jeopardy and these are completely false allegations by Mr. Harper," said the statement, issued Saturday evening.

How sad to see Harper who has been constantly accusing the Liberals of dishonesty, tell lies to try and win the Newfoundland & Labrador by-election.

Harper has to go! :angry:

Oh no man, Steven Harper is the best thing that ever happened to the Liberals.

I hope he has a long reign as leader of the 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th party.

Now let me get this right,Harper lied about the military base being closed but the source for this informatiion is the Prime Minister's office.The same people who were going to get rid of the GST,start daycare 13 years ago among other things promised in the Red Book of Promises ever so long ago. Bigdude, how do you know who is telling the truth?

Stating that closing the military base in Newfoundland is about to occur is blatant fearmongering on the eve of the by-election. Shameful behaviour.

Is Harper that braindead to have not learned anything over the past few months?

Canadians are sick of the lies and deceit.

We need our politicians to just state their policies and then shutup.

BigDude tell that to Paul,before he runs around the country giving away money and telling everyone that if an election is called they won't get the money. Fearmongering? Get a grip, the Liberals are the pros on fearmongering. Again I ask who is telling the truth about the closure? You seem to have made up your mind. I say if Harper did say say they are closing the base, and if the Liberals at one point were thinking about it , it won't happen now.Harper statement has secured the base to stay open regardless of who wins the by-election. We should all thank Mr.Harper for keeping it open.

Personally I could care less about which base is kept open or closed.

Why does Canada need any military bases anyway?

Who's going to attack us, Duceppe and his gang of 3 ex-FLQ members? :lol:

The only enemy we need to keep our eye on is the one just South of the border, and if they decide to invade military bases won't protect us.

The military in Canada is a hugh waste of money and could be much better spent paying down the debt, yes paying down the debt, or by taking a portion of the military budget, and setting up an environmental force to police the moraless corporations. We don't need military bases for that - we have perfectly good civilian bases like PET airport in Montreal!

Canada is grossly overpoliced!

Hey BigDude if this is so meaningless to you why did you make such a big deal about the closure? I personally am happy that people will be employed and know where the next tax buck they have to overpay for comes from.Twenty Billion dollars in surplus dithered away in the last 2 months.Isn't big government great.

Stating that closing the military base in Newfoundland is about to occur is blatant fearmongering on the eve of the by-election. Shameful behaviour. 

Unless, of course, it's true. And you don't know that it isn't.

I find it interesting, this total trust and faith in what the Liberals say. This has often seemed to be an NDP trait, as though most of you have little-brother syndrom and are always looking up to the Liberals as your guides and mentors. Clearly Jack Layton has the same problem.

Liberal response.

Fear mongering in the last election. (Liberal lies)

Conservatives will buy air craft carriers

They will ban abortions

Quebec will separate because Conservatives are not popular there

They will privatize health care

The country will spilt because they will give provinces to much power

The evil corporations will get big tax cuts

They will get rid of all arts programs

Economic development programs will be cut

ECT.........................

Liberals have this down to an art, including the fake outrage when something is claimed of them.

I heard a Liberal commentator explain how this can be yesterday on the CBC. The Liberal party is very good at adapting. So when the polls change or the decision gets tough they adapt. Note the GST, Young offender act, SSM ect.. How about the whole 93 red book. They don't adapt they lie and they are very good at it.

Martin not a good as Jean. As was show in the press gallery last week when he was talking with a straight face the press gallery was in stitches.

This is not good for our democracy and Liberals should not through rocks in glass houses. Our country is in danger, if this government is not taken to task.

Liberal response.

Fear mongering in the last election. (Liberal lies)

Conservatives will buy air craft carriers

They will ban abortions

Quebec will separate because Conservatives are not popular there

They will privatize health care

The country will spilt because they will give provinces to much power

The evil corporations will get big tax cuts

They will get rid of all arts programs

Economic development programs will be cut

ECT.........................

Liberals have this down to an art, including the fake outrage when something is claimed of them.

I heard a Liberal commentator explain how this can be yesterday on the CBC. The Liberal party is very good at adapting. So when the polls change or the decision gets tough they adapt. Note the GST, Young offender act, SSM ect.. How about the whole 93 red book. They don't adapt they lie and they are very good at it.

Martin not a good as Jean. As was show in the press gallery last week when he was talking with a straight face the press gallery was in stitches.

This is not good for our democracy and Liberals should not through rocks in glass houses. Our country is in danger, if this government is not taken to task.

Yeah but these are truths as opposed to lies to win a byelection....

Yeah but these are truths as opposed to lies to win a byelection....

It's always nice to see people giving us foresight on what hasn't happened by a party that HASN'T been in power.

The Liberals HAVE a bad track record, the Conservatives DON'T. But I guess it's hard for you to see that....I've noticed that about you Liberals, you tend to shoot your mouth off without any evidence.

Again I'm hearing about scarey Harper...why? What has Harper done. And I'm asking DONE not what you think he will do. Get a grip,this is Canada,this crap of he's scarey is just that crap. Half of the stuff Harper suggested in the last election has all of a sudden become Liberal ideas. Liberals laughed at Harper with the "where is he going to get all this money to do all these things" Gee, good old Paul seemed to have found the dough in the last two months. The real hidden agenda lies in the trusts and foundations the Liberals have set up and the auditor General can't look at because of the Liberal legislation prohibits her from doing so. That sounds pretty hidden agenda like to me.

The Liberals answer to everything is to throw money at the problem.Where is the health care PLAN we were promised,or the daycare PLAN,or the democratic deficiency PLAN. Nothing is there,the Liberals are winging it as they go along, buying more time.

As for Mulroney, if you remember the Kim Campbell election, you will recall even the Conservatives were pissed off and voted for the Liberals.Chretien made promises that everybody liked,no GST,Child care,Getting rid of NAFTA, and a whole lot of others.Thirteen years later we are only seeing some of it coming about. A lot of it has been hastily put together with out any real plan.

That's what I can't understand,Canadians who were conservatives aren't afaid to get rid of a government. While Liberals make excuses as to why they have to retain their government. And all the excuses are about someone who has never been given the chance to govern.

I personally think the Liberals should take a break from governing for a while and regroup.

You just don't get it.

Human rights mean something to most Canadians, and obviously a lot more than you seem to be able to understand.

Canadians are not going to elect a PM or a party that is going to attack our human rights. Wake up and smell the roses!

Yes St. BigDude I guess I don't get it.I also don't get it with our aboriginal people living in poverty conditions all through the last 40 years without much improvement on the promises of our government,I don' t get it when our homeless living on the streets with a government that is doing nothing for them,I don't get it when single mothers are holding on two jobs so they can pay the rent and have nothing left over at the end of the month. I don't get it when 400 million is given to a big corporation as a loan of which they owe the government a billion dollars already. I don't get it when a person has to wait 12 hours to get medical help in a hospital. I don't get it when the pensioners have to eat cat food to survive. I don't get it when our military personnel don't earn enough and have to go to food banks.I don't get it when the government hides billions in Trust and Foundations for a rainy day. I just don't get it. Human rights mean a lot to all Canadians,and to me but if it is so bad, this country would revolt against the government. So I say to you stop and smell the stench that's coming from Ottawa.

Personally I could care less about which base is kept open or closed.

Why does Canada need any military bases anyway? 

Who's going to attack us, Duceppe and his gang of 3 ex-FLQ members?  :lol: 

The only enemy we need to keep our eye on is the one just South of the border, and if they decide to invade military bases won't protect us.

The military in Canada is a hugh waste of money and could be much better spent paying down the debt, yes paying down the debt, or by taking a portion of the military budget, and setting up an environmental force to police the moraless corporations. We don't need military bases for that - we have perfectly good civilian bases like PET airport in Montreal!

Canada is grossly overpoliced!

You can't honestly be serious? This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum yet.

Hey BigDude if this is so meaningless to you why did you make such a big deal about the closure?

Why do so my rightwingers make such rapid resort to mendacity in these discussions? I mean anybody who read this tread knows that Bigdude was complaining about Harper's lie, not the base closing. And yet CES blathers out this nonsense. Who do you think you're fooling?

I guess the fool is the person that believes what he wants without knowing who the real liar is.Is it Harper or is it the PM? With all the lies being thrown around about everything in government you have to be pretty naive to believe that the truth is always with the government. But then again you know the truth?

You just don't get it.

Human rights mean something to most Canadians, and obviously a lot more than you seem to be able to understand.

Canadians are not going to elect a PM or a party that is going to attack our human rights. Wake up and smell the roses!

You're quite right. Which is why no one will ever elect the NDP. Never has a party cared less about human rights, or been more willing to sacrifice the lives, property and freedom of others on the alter of ideological purity. Scratch an NDPer and you find someone more than comfortable with the world of Farenheit 451 and the world of Orwell.

Big Brother, whether you like it or not, because it's good for you - because they say so.

You just don't get it.

You're quite right. Which is why no one will ever elect the NDP. Never has a party cared less about human rights, or been more willing to sacrifice the lives, property and freedom of others on the alter of ideological purity. Scratch an NDPer and you find someone more than comfortable with the world of Farenheit 451 and the world of Orwell.

Big Brother, whether you like it or not, because it's good for you - because they say so.

Argus, you don't really think he's going to understand that forcing people to give up their property to pay for the ideals of another group of people is comparable to the world of Fahrenheit 451 or anything Orwellian, do you?

He thinks this is a perfectly reasonable concept to obtain peace and harmony amongst everyone.

Take more of my property by force, so someone who isn't as productive or hasn't worked nearly as hard as I have may live in comfort.

Sounds like utopia to me. :rolleyes: