Peter MacKay's broken heart

Peter MacKay's self-presentation in the media post-Belinda.ca move has been:  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not really sure.

It may have been contrived to give the whole issue a more personal and softer look than was given by other members of the CPC. Some or part or maybe even most of it I assume was genuine.

Then again, what is truly honest about politics and politicians?

Hey, I feel for the guy He's a human being and he got his heart broken in front of the whole country. I've had mine broken in front of 3 people and that was devestating. I don't know how anyone could deal with what he's going though.

That being said it wouldn't make me vote for him, or his party.

I'm not really sure.

It may have been contrived to give the whole issue a more personal and softer look than was given by other members of the CPC. Some or part or maybe even most of it I assume was genuine.

I think it was genuine, but you're right it would be a good strategic move. Nothing like a good victim of a rich and powerful individual to tug at the heart strings of bleeding heart Canadians. The problem lies in the fact that she's now a Liberal, and can do no wrong in the eyes of Ontarians.

I'm not really sure.

I think it was genuine, but you're right it would be a good strategic move. Nothing like a good victim of a rich and powerful individual to tug at the heart strings of bleeding heart Canadians. The problem lies in the fact that she's now a Liberal, and can do no wrong in the eyes of Ontarians.

I don't see that as a problem, well for the CONs maybe.

muahahahahahahaaaa

I've had mine broken in front of 3 people and that was devestating.

Did you hold a press conference the next day to cash in on your pain? Didn't think so...

Edited to add: the guy is probably legitimatly upset, probably even devestated. but to call a news crew to the potato patch to cash in on it is, frankly, pathetic.

I've had mine broken in front of 3 people and that was devestating.

Did you hold a press conference the next day to cash in on your pain? Didn't think so...

Edited to add: the guy is probably legitimatly upset, probably even devestated. but to call a news crew to the potato patch to cash in on it is, frankly, pathetic.

Do you have proof that he called them? Or did they show up? CBC is good at that...just showing up....

Whatever!

How about you add an option "who gives a sh!t" :angry:

mmm I have always wondered about this "sleeping your way to the top" meaning.

I think ladies are always complex Peter - and bolting from the male lives just like that is a way to be successful only the women never recognise it should be sooner

I'm curious why it is necessary that their relationship end just because they are members of different parties.

Probably because she totally betrayed him and the party at the time when she mattered most. She calls him at midnight a few hours before, after she has told Paul Martin and her other friends. Obviously he didn't matter to her all that much. I think she used him for publicity, perhaps even to get some inside information before defecting. She's a pretty selfish person.

How did she betray him? Did he own her vote?

Ok here we go with the equivocation :rolleyes: , the arguing over the literal meaning of words etc. Right? "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Give me a break Sweal, you know if you were in a similar situation and your significant other made a huge decision and decided to confide in everyone but you, you'd feel pretty betrayed. I have no doubt that people can have differing political views and maintain their relationships. James Carville, a liberal democrat, and his wife, a hardcore republican, are perfect examples. But belinda stabbed him in the back admit it.

How did she betray him? Did he own her vote?

... you know if you were in a similar situation and your significant other made a huge decision and decided to confide in everyone but you, you'd feel pretty betrayed.

But that is not what happened. The story is they spoke at length about the move before her dinner with Martin. Then she told him her decision right after the meeting. These are the facts. Admit it.

belinda stronach may be hot but that gives her no right to go and betray her party. she is a whore and a slut. it is quiet obvious that she crossed the floor soley for political gain. as for p. makay i like the guy and i feel for him but at the same time it was a good political move no matter how hurt he was.

belinda stronach may be hot but that gives her no right to go and betray her party. she is a whore and a slut. it is quiet obvious that she crossed the floor soley for political gain. as for p. makay i like the guy and i feel for him but at the same time it was a good political move no matter how hurt he was.

I love guys like you - you make it so easy to deafeat the Conservatives, and you are a perfect example of why we will not be electing a Conservative government anytime soon.

Please keep it up :lol:

belinda stronach may be hot but that gives her no right to go and betray her party.

What an imbecilic comment. Hot or not, ANYone has the right to leave a political party.

she is a whore and a slut.

Prove it.

it is quiet obvious that she crossed the floor soley for political gain.

Why should anypne take your word on this???

Here I will come to Belinda’s support. She is not a whore and I don't know if she is a slut. (Bill Clinton/no)

She is unloyal, not that bright and self involved to a dangerous level. Good luck to the Liberals, they can have her.