U.S. Army recruitment lagging

You have a tradition, Shady, of not being able to see further than your nose. Have you heard of every dog smelling his own first. That is the manure you smell.

I don't need to provide evidence or what you term evidence. The US poverty figures have been published in the last week or so - 12,7% - and that is only the official rate.

The information about job creation has also made the business news quite recently. The information is that Canada has been creating a fair number (not enough) full time, permanent jobs while the US is a net loser.

The jobless rate in the US has always been misleading since it does not count temporary or part time workers. It has always been higher than Canada's in a real sense. We try to miss some and discover an artificially low rate. We are a little more honest than the US.

• 2 weeks later...
The US has created very few jobs other than minimum wage for severalo years and the unemployment eate is far higher than 5%. 5% leaves seveeral classes out of the calculation

Leaving aside the fact that you provide no evidence to back up your ridiculous claims. Unemployment in the US is still lower then in Canada, per capita income in the US is higher then in Canada. And using your ridiculous premise, do you really think people would opt to make more then minimum wage, but have to go fight in a war? Give me a break. Go spread your manure in a garden.

You have to excuse Eureka. He thinks that being poor in the US is like being poor in Canada. He completely ignores the fact that the US per capita GDP is 27.3% higher than Canada. Indeed, African-Americans (the lowest per capita GDP group in the US) has the same standard of living as the typical Western Euro living in the EUrinal/EUtopia. Eureka claims the US unemployment rate is a lie, the US election was stolen by Bush - again(!), the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup last year, etc.

It's all a neocon conspiracy according to Eureka!

Although, I have to give credit to Eureka for one thing: The jobless rate in the US is misleading, since it doesn't count the entrepreneurs in the country, i.e., the people who have their own businesses. It only counts the payroll of companies. And the American public is very entrepreneurial.

I suspect that the 4.9% unemployment figure is even lower.

Another good recruiting month for the US military

Army................Recruited: 9,455..Goal: 9,250..102%

Navy................Recruited: 5,057..Goal: 4,897..103%

Marine Corps..Recruited: 4,211..Goal: 4,141..102%

Air Force..........Recruited: 2,905..Goal: 2,793..104%

The Army is at 90% for the year and all services are at 96% for the year (with the other 3 all running over 100%). With retention for all services on track to exceed their goals for the year, the active military is fine in terms of meeting their manpower requirements.

Another liberal wet dream dies. :P

Do you mind if I call you Felix, Monty? You could almost win an argument by attrition though never with logic or fact.

You are becoming such a bore (and boor) that I really cannot be bothered answering your absurdities.