I feel kinda bad for Paul Martin

Oh please Martin new everything Jean Chretien's which makes him no better then  Chretien.

The man was in charge of the money for god sake. The man incharge of the check book and the accounts.

No don't feel sorry for Martin, he had any pride he would have resign for Chretiens cabinet in 1997.

Yep, and if he knew nothing (not bloody likely) than he's too incompetent to lead the country. I think we've seen over the past month or so he's pretty inept. Plus the fact that he called the election last year when he did, and shut down the PAC before Brault was set to testify...

I mean let's face it here folks, he's taking the fall for Jean Chretien's dirty pool.  Not to mention the fact that he's being outplayed by Jack Layton.  Now that's a sad day in anyone's political career.

...I'm just sayin.

A politician is in serious trouble when she or he appeals to the sympathy vote.

I kind of feel bad for him too.

Maybe I've just been conned by his public persona, but I do somehow feel that he's a good and decent person at heart, and that he probably had very sincere intentions for what he might have accomplished when he took office.

I'd like to think that he's a nice person with good intentions. That doesn't mean I think he's got what it takes to be an effective PM, just that I don't think he deserved the hand he got dealt. But lots of people probably felt bad for Kim Campbell and Joe Clark too.

-kimmy

Maybe I've just been conned by his public persona, but I do somehow feel that he's a good and decent person at heart, and that he probably had very sincere intentions for what he might have accomplished when he took office.

Methinks you have been conned. No one who joined the Liberal party and fought that hard to take it over is a good and decent person. The Liberal party's only real principle is gaining and holding onto POWER. Actual behaviour shall be government by the polls.

I kind of feel bad for him too.

I'd like to think that he's a nice person with good intentions. That doesn't mean I think he's got what it takes to be an effective PM, just that I don't think he deserved the hand he got dealt. But lots of people probably felt bad for Kim Campbell and Joe Clark too.

-kimmy

OH damn! Did you just compare Paul Martin to Joe Clark?